PDA

View Full Version : Turkey is part of NATO, right?

old steel
3rd November 2017, 11:26 AM
Just going to leave this here....

S-400 missile deal with Turkey exceeds $2 billion: Russia

http://i.hurimg.com/i/hdn/75/0x0/59fb0c4167b0a97b8ce0deab.jpg

The cost of delivering the S-400 missile defense system to Turkey will exceed $2 billion, an official with Russia’s state-run defense company Rostec said on Nov. 2.
“The cost of the S-400 deal with Turkey is worth more than $2 billion,” Sergey Chemezov, the CEO of Rostec, was quoted as saying by Russia’s official TASS news agency.

Turkey recently agreed to purchase the S-400 system from Moscow. Previously, Russian presidential aide Vladimir Kozhin said Moscow received an “advance payment” from Turkey for the defense system.

Meanwhile, the executive committee of Turkey’s Defense Industry Undersecretariat convened on Nov. 2 to discuss the modernization of the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) and improvements in the defense industry infrastructure.

The committee was also scheduled to address in detail the deal for the purchase of the S-400 missile system.

Chaired by Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım, the meeting included National Defense Minister Nurettin Canikli and Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu for the first time.

Chief of General Staff Hulusi Akar and Defense Industry Undersecretary İsmail Demir also attended.

In recent years, Turkey has sought to build its domestic defense industry to reduce reliance on foreign suppliers.

The S-400 is Russia’s most advanced long-range anti-aircraft missile system and can carry three types of missiles capable of destroying targets, including ballistic and cruise missiles.

It can track and engage up to 300 targets at the same time and has an altitude ceiling of 27 kilometers.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/s-400-missile-deal-with-turkey-exceeds-2-billion-russia-121789

Dogman
3rd November 2017, 11:36 AM
Alliances change, history is full of examples. Sadly most that side with russia sorth seem to also side less with democracy and more to egomaniac strong leaders. With dreams of life time times in office and also maybe set up generational succession, (strong man rule) And freedoms for the most goes Poof.!

Again history wil prove me right, tho when is a good question along with for sure major blood shed.

Neuro
3rd November 2017, 12:58 PM
Turkey is in the perfect geografic and cultural position to play West vs East, and they always have been doing that, it's in their personality and genetics. However it is fascinating as it is just a couple of years ago since they shot down a Russian fighter at the border of Syria.

hoarder
3rd November 2017, 03:39 PM
As it says in the Protocols "...an intensification of armaments..."

old steel
3rd November 2017, 04:25 PM
As it says in the Protocols "...an intensification of armaments..."

Yup, i just purchased another 1000 round case of 10mm.