PDA

View Full Version : Papa John’s tells racists: Don’t buy our pizza

cheka.
6th November 2017, 09:26 PM
smooth move exlax - doubling down on the hate

http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/article182822756.html

After the CEO of Papa John’s blamed NFL player protests for poor profits this week, the pizza chain was slammed on social media by consumers and even rival pizza-makers for the quality of its pizza – the true reason for suffering sales, those critics claim.

Some took it a step or two further, calling Papa John’s founder and CEO John Schnatter a racist, with one white supremacist website naming Papa John’s the official pizza of the “alt-right,” Newsweek reported.

Whether that ends up happening or not, Papa John’s has a message for racists: Don’t buy our pizza.

The full statement, received by The Huffington Post via email from the company’s senior director of public relations:

“We condemn racism in all forms and any and all hate groups that support it. We do not want these individuals or groups to buy our pizza.”

Meanwhile, some liberals have threatened to boycott Papa John’s and take their pie-buying business to competitor Little Caesars, whose founder Mike Ilitch reportedly paid for civil rights figure Rosa Parks’ housing for the last 11 years of her life, according to a Sports Business Daily story from 2014.

Some say the company will rebound, in image and in profits.

“People get upset and the outrage lasts for a week,” marketing professor Lakshman Krishnamurthi told The Washington Post. “These kinds of things blow over.”

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/article182822756.html#storylink=cpy

Neuro
6th November 2017, 09:40 PM
Why the fuck does restaurant and coffee chains feel the need to express themselves politically? It is none of their fucking business.

madfranks
6th November 2017, 10:09 PM
Papa John’s has a message for racists: Don’t buy our pizza.Too late, for the first time in 10 years or so, last Sunday I bought a Papa Johns pizza, and it was delicious. I don't eat pizza that much nowadays, but from now on, I'm only ordering from Papa Johns, and yes, it's solely because they've stood up to the NFL.

cheka.
6th November 2017, 10:15 PM
Too late, for the first time in 10 years or so, last Sunday I bought a Papa Johns pizza, and it was delicious. I don't eat pizza that much nowadays, but from now on, I'm only ordering from Papa Johns, and yes, it's solely because they've stood up to the NFL.

they don't want you, but I think you are good, falling under the same law as the gay wedding cake civil rights fiasco - they cant refuse your business

madfranks
6th November 2017, 10:34 PM
they don't want you, but I think you are good, falling under the same law as the gay wedding cake civil rights fiasco - they cant refuse your business

Of course they want my business, but they can't publicly say that.

cheka.
6th November 2017, 10:45 PM
Of course they want my business, but they can't publicly say that.

if they cut you off, you can huddle with the gay couple to pound out your strategy to get more pie

:)

crimethink
7th November 2017, 12:32 AM
The full statement, received by The Huffington Post via email from the company’s senior director of public relations:

“We condemn racism in all forms and any and all hate groups that support it. We do not want these individuals or groups to buy our pizza.”

Don't worry, Rabbi Schnatter, I won't. We only patronize local establishments who know how to make pizza.

cheka.
7th November 2017, 05:32 PM
link to stormer?? it was in the article - https://dstormer6em3i4km.onion.link/papa-johns-pizzas-disgusted-with-anti-white-nfl-pulls-ads/

http://mashable.com/2017/11/07/papa-johns-nfl-protests-alt-right/#FIjf6YwDRgqD

In response to Schnatter's statement, the alt-right sprung into action. A blog post on white supremacist site The Daily Stormer, which featured a photo of a pizza with pepperonis in the shape of a swastika, declared Papa John's the "official pizza of the alt-right."

The alt-right also initiated a boycott of Pizza Hut after they perceived Pizza Hut's CEO's statement that the NFL protests had not hurt sales as an expression of sympathy for the NFL national anthem protesters. Then DiGiorno even started trolling Papa John's on Twitter, and now it's a whole thing.

cheka.
7th November 2017, 05:37 PM
http://www.bobsblitz.com/2017/11/zacks-burns-failing-nfl-sponsor-papa.html

Zacks burns failing NFL sponsor Papa John's pizza with a 'strong sell' and their 'Bear of the Day'

How beautiful is failing NFL sponsor Papa John's stock graphic?

And now Zacks has slapped PJ's with a 'strong sell' and their 'Bear of the Day' designation.

The company has been handed down a round of negative earnings estimate revisions. Over the last thirty days, two analysts have dropped their numbers for the current quarter, current year and next year. The bearish sentiment has had an impact on our Zacks Consensus Estimate for each of these periods. This quarter’s number has dropped from 86 cents or 74 cents, while the current year acks Consensus Estimate has gone down from $2.85 to $2.77. The most dramatic impact is reflected in next year’s consensus where the number has dipped 7.7% from $3.25 to $3.

Investors have already felt the pain with the stock coming down from $90 in December to under $59 during Monday’s trading session. Since topping out on December 21st, 2016, shares have dipped 34.2% while the S&P 500 has rallied 14.5%. Meanwhile, forward valuations have been cratering. After trading over 30x forward 12 P/E to start the year, PZZA now trades at a 20.72 multiple. There’s still plenty of room to the downside as the S&P 500 trades at about 18.7x right now.

Your NFL boycott is working. Next up -- dump Head & Shoulders. (It contains Methylisothiazolinone so you shouldn't be using it anyway.)

cheka.
7th November 2017, 05:44 PM
lmao!!!

http://www.newsweek.com/papa-john-alt-right-nazis-white-supremacists-nfl-pizza-701648

Alt-Right White Supremacists Claim Papa John's As Official Pizza

By Cristina Maza On 11/3/17 at 4:33 PM

Neo-Nazis and white supremacists have always been distasteful, but now it turns out their taste in pizza is terrible, too.

The white supremacist website the Daily Stormer announced Thursday that Papa John’s pizza is the official pie of the alt-right, posting a picture of a pizza with a swastika fashioned from pepperoni slices. The caption reads, "Papa John: Official pizza of the alt-right?"

The pronouncement came after Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter, whose pizza is an official NFL sponsor, blamed his company’s recent losses on NFL players protesting police brutality during the national anthem.

Schnatter was widely accused of racism and of making bad pizza. But white supremacists came to his defense.

“This might be the first time ever in modern history that a major institution is going to be completely destroyed explicitly because of public outrage over their anti-white agenda,” Daily Stormer writer Adrian Sol posted, referring to the NFL and adding disturbingly, “The Negro fatigue caused by this whole NFL fiasco is reaching heights that even I didn’t fully expect.”

steyr_m
7th November 2017, 06:40 PM
Don't worry, Rabbi Schnatter, I won't. We only patronize local establishments who know how to make pizza.

Yeah, I'm a bit of the same way. I make an effort to not go to national chains for anything. It isn't always possible [I'm not talking about food], but I make the effort.

old steel
7th November 2017, 10:10 PM
deleted