PDA

View Full Version : Bitcoin Futures Begin Trading Tonight

Ares
10th December 2017, 10:27 AM
Bitcoin Futures begin Trading tonight at 6:00pm Central (7:00pm Eastern).

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=BTC.CB=

Neuro
10th December 2017, 01:23 PM
Bitcoin Futures begin Trading tonight at 6:00pm Central (7:00pm Eastern).

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=BTC.CB=

Paper bitcoin will do to bitcoins what paper gold did to gold. Keep the price forever suppressed.

Dogman
10th December 2017, 01:28 PM
Maybe a nugget of truth in them thar words, maybe greedy people trying to cash in as they do paper gold?

Value is what is perceived to be valuable even if there is nothing physical at all other than what is been created by 0's and 1's.

Ultimately give me a ton of gold and silver, because it is physical and has physical uses that will survive a total (world ?) crash of the internet..

Ponce comes to mind, and his saying...

If you do not hold it you do not own it

Carry on !

Ares
10th December 2017, 02:01 PM
Paper bitcoin will do to bitcoins what paper gold did to gold. Keep the price forever suppressed.

Doubtful, they aren't used to trading every second of every day where every asset is digitally tracked. You can't put in short position of 30 million Bitcoins when only 21 million will ever be mined. Not to mention the other unregulated exchanges would eat them alive producing one hell of a short squeeze after the CBOE closes at the end of the day.

Neuro
11th December 2017, 12:24 AM
Doubtful, they aren't used to trading every second of every day where every asset is digitally tracked. You can't put in short position of 30 million Bitcoins when only 21 million will ever be mined. Not to mention the other unregulated exchanges would eat them alive producing one hell of a short squeeze after the CBOE closes at the end of the day.
However, how much of actual bitcoins are actually traded, half a million? How about soaking up some buying desire by issuing 5 million paperbitcoins, that can be instantly traded. That is $75-80 Billion.

madfranks
11th December 2017, 07:56 AM
I just caught the financial news snippet on the radio, they said that bitcoin futures for one month out are currently trading in the low $17,000's, and bitcoin futures 3 months out are in the low $18,000s.

Ares
11th December 2017, 08:12 AM
I just caught the financial news snippet on the radio, they said that bitcoin futures for one month out are currently trading in the low $17,000's, and bitcoin futures 3 months out are in the low $18,000s.

If pace maintains I think both will be disappointed.