PDA

View Full Version : Through Our Eyes: Life in Puerto Rico After Hurricane Maria | NowThis

Serpo
13th December 2017, 09:36 PM
Dont worry the Clinton Foundation will step and save you all..................................o)(~

If everyone ends up donating a billion or so to the C.F, then P.R will at least get a grass hut out of it..............

Anything left over will be administration costs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=41&v=klYPBkrTK7c

jimswift
14th December 2017, 05:57 AM
I completely get that it's fucked and it's a bad circumstance. These peoples tone though. "It's been 2 months and 3.4 million people still dont have electricity. yada, yada..."

What would their real world, practical fix to this be? Give the well managed, bankrupt government billions more FRNs to efficiently fix everything? Everybody else in the world stop what they are doing and come there?

Joshua01
14th December 2017, 05:58 AM
I don't care! :D

ziero0
14th December 2017, 08:29 AM
Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States. Porto Rico is a Spanish colony. Borinquen is an island in the carribean with an indigenous population that is both debt free and at liberty to form their own destiny. Borinquen is not a colony of Spain nor a territory of the United States.

If you choose to be in Puerto Rico then you are involving yourself in a major bankruptcy. There are so many more interesting places to be.

Cebu_4_2
14th December 2017, 03:34 PM
Already too dependent on the State. Very typical of a Spanish colony on any island around the planet.

When I was in the Phil there was a tsunami late afternoon into the night, we were in a solid block house (with no windows) and I passed out from the shitty vodka I chose. I awoke next morning and wanted to photo the devastation... Went out and thought I had some vivid dream from that poison in a bottle. Asked my wife if there was in fact a tsunami which there was. Everything was cleaned up, trees, roofs etc all gone or repaired with people still working. They depend on no one except themselves and each other. There is no state, no FEMA, no rescue workers etc. Each person has their own shallow well, an outside cooking area which they use wood.

The shit shacks made of wood in that video are non existent where I was, everything built of cinder block filled with rebar and concrete and steel roofs. So Pourto Rico is very much an americanized dream, except it is exactly as designed. Just like any US typical inner city failure.