PDA

View Full Version : LEAKED MEMO: DREAMers Are ‘Critical’ To Dems ‘Future Electoral Success’

Ares
9th January 2018, 05:18 AM
The Center For American Progress (CAP) Action Fund circulated a memo on Monday calling illegal immigrants brought here at a young age — so-called “Dreamers” — a “critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success.”

The memo, co-authored by former Clinton communications director Jennifer Palmieri, was sent around to allies calling on Democrats to “refuse to offer any votes for Republican spending bills that do not offer a fix for Dreamers and instead appropriate funds to deport them.”

President Donald Trump’s administration moved to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy in September, which former President Barack Obama instituted through executive order to keep immigrants who came here as children from being deported.

Trump called on Congress to find a legislative fix for young immigrants, or “Dreamers,” facing deportation. House lawmakers recently put forward a bipartisan DACA compromise bill that also claims to address worries over chain migration. However, it’s unclear if the bill will pass.

CAP Action’s memo says protecting DACA is not only a “moral imperative” for Democrats, it also key to getting votes.

“The fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success,” reads Palmieri’s memo, obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

“If Democrats don’t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democrats’ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond,” reads the memo. “In short, the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the Democratic Party and its long-term electoral prospects.”

Fox News Host Tucker Carlson confronted Center for American Progress senior fellow Henry Fernandez on the memo. CAP Action is the 501(c)(4) political group, a sister group of the think tank where Fernandez is technically employed.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/leaked-memo-dreamers-are-critical-to-dems-future-electoral-success/

EE_
9th January 2018, 07:26 AM
I think some dreamers should be allowed to stay, if they meet a certain criteria.

1. They can prove they were in our school system at age 7 or younger
2. If they have committed no crimes
3. If they have no family, or have had no contact with any family members, in the country they came from.
4. If they speak fluent English
5. If they have met the above criteria, by age 18 they are in college, military, or they are gainfully employed.

Does this make sense?

Ares
9th January 2018, 07:38 AM
I think some dreamers should be allowed to stay, if they meet a certain criteria.

3. If they have no family, or have had no contact with any family members, in the country they came from.
5. If they have met the above criteria, by age 18 they are in college, or they are gainfully employed.

Does this make sense?

Call me heartless, but I don't think any of them should be. Would any Americans be considered for social benefits in any of the countries these people came from? Why should we consider the needs of foreigners above the needs of our own?

crimethink
9th January 2018, 07:43 AM

5. If they have met the above criteria, by age 18 they are in college, or they are gainfully employed.

Does this make sense?

If parents rob a bank and the kids surreptitiously keep the proceeds for, say, 10 years, should they be allowed to keep it permanently?

Every single one of these DACA Schemers will vote AGAINST Americans. Is that what you want?

EE_
9th January 2018, 07:58 AM
Call me heartless, but I don't think any of them should be. Would any Americans be considered for social benefits in any of the countries these people came from? Why should we consider the needs of foreigners above the needs of our own?

I doubt many of them could pass this criteria.
Serious question, what do you do with a person that was brought here as a child before age 7 and has no family. You should have some idea?

EE_
9th January 2018, 08:01 AM
If parents rob a bank and the kids surreptitiously keep the proceeds for, say, 10 years, should they be allowed to keep it permanently?

Every single one of these DACA Schemers will vote AGAINST Americans. Is that what you want?

I'm with you going forward and I would be totally against anymore DACA as of now! You know as well as I, some of these people will be allowed to stay. Count on it.
My idea is to limit as many as possible from staying.

To answer your analogy of parents robbing a bank and the children keeping the proceeds. I would treat them that same way the law would threat you or I.
They would be arrested and charged with receiving stolen property.

Ares
9th January 2018, 09:37 AM
Serious question, what do you do with a person that was brought here as a child before age 7 and has no family. You should have some idea?

Honestly?? They aren't our problem. The world is a cruel place, it sucks. But we have so many problems of our own that we have to fix before we can look at other peoples/nations issues.

EE_
9th January 2018, 10:03 AM
Honestly?? They aren't our problem. The world is a cruel place, it sucks. But we have so many problems of our own that we have to fix before we can look at other peoples/nations issues.

Okay, say the president is putting you in charge of DACA tomorrow, what will you do? Someone has to decide something.
A. ignore them while they're sucking off the system
B. Put them all in prison
C. Get a big tree grinder and throw them all in
D. Strap parachutes to their backs and fly them across Mexico and South America pushing them out at random

Ares
9th January 2018, 10:09 AM
Okay, say the president is putting you in charge of DACA tomorrow, what will you do? Someone has to decide something.
A. ignore them while they're sucking off the system
B. Put them all in prison
C. Get a big tree grinder and throw them all in
D. Strap parachutes to their backs and fly them across Mexico and South America pushing them out at random

Why not just deport them since they are not legal residents?

crimethink
9th January 2018, 10:41 AM
To answer your analogy of parents robbing a bank and the children keeping the proceeds. I would treat them that same way the law would threat you or I.
They would be arrested and charged with receiving stolen property.

And the DACA Schemers are here illegally.

midnight rambler
9th January 2018, 10:44 AM
And the DACA Schemers are here illegally.

Oh come on! They are merely undocumented!

EE_
9th January 2018, 11:23 AM
Why not just deport them since they are not legal residents?

Deport them to where? Some don't have a home country. Maybe it would be easier to just line them up and shoot them, maybe more humane too.

Ares
9th January 2018, 11:28 AM
Deport them to where? Some don't have a home country. Maybe it would be easier to just line them up and shoot them, maybe more humane too.

Where is that info? It's my understanding that most are Mexican nationals who were brought here when their parents illegally crossed the border.

Neuro
9th January 2018, 11:33 AM

Who brought them? And why?

EE_
9th January 2018, 11:43 AM
Where is that info? It's my understanding that most are Mexican nationals who were brought here when their parents illegally crossed the border.

We don't know shit. We don't know who even qualifies as a DACA. Do you know what makes them DACA?

EE_
9th January 2018, 11:45 AM
Who brought them? And why?

Good point, we aren't being told who and what they are, or where they came from. We are being scammed, that's the only thing we know for sure.

Ares
9th January 2018, 11:56 AM
We don't know shit. We don't know who even qualifies as a DACA. Do you know what makes them DACA?

According to Obummer anyone brought to this country as a minor where their parent(s) were illegals.

EE_
9th January 2018, 12:13 PM
According to Obummer anyone brought to this country as a minor where their parent(s) were illegals.

Pretty basic blanket statement. What that doesn't say is, are their parents still here, how do we prove they were here as a minor, how long did they have to be here to qualify, are there record of them? I'm sure I have more questions, but I'm on my way out the door.

madfranks
9th January 2018, 01:00 PM

Which of course, there's no way to prove one way or another. Pedro could have jumped the border yesterday and today claim that he was a poor little nino when his pappy and madre brought him over and then claim DACA protection. Who could prove him wrong?

osoab
9th January 2018, 01:18 PM
Seems like dreamers may be a part of Trump's future success.

President Donald Trump appeared eager to sign a DACA amnesty deal, even if it was not perfect. (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/09/donald-trump-promises-to-sign-daca-amnesty-bill-even-if-it-has-things-he-doesnt-like/)

“I am very much reliant on the people in this room,” Trump said during a DACA meeting with pro-amnesty senators, including Senators Dick Durbin, Dianne Feinstein, Jeff Flake, Lindsey Graham, and Bob Menendez. Several Republican Senators were present for the discussion, including Immigration hawk Tom Cotton and Sen. Chuck Grassley.
The president said he would sign a DACA amnesty deal, even if it included aspects of which he didn’t approve.

“I have great confidence … if they come to me with things I’m not in love with, I’m going to do it because I respect them,” he said.

The White House has stated that it wants a DACA deal to include border wall funding, an end to chain migration, and the end of the visa lottery program.

When asked by reporters. if he changed his positions on immigration and amnesty, Trump admitted that it depended on what kind of deal members of Congress could reach.

Probably dealing for more Izzy money.

brosil
9th January 2018, 04:57 PM
Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves? We need to register the Dreamers so we will know how many and where they are. They shouldn't mind. It's not like registration leads to confiscation I mean deportation.

crimethink
9th January 2018, 06:46 PM

They ALL have a home country. That they continue to be subject to the jurisdiction of.

Why are you arguing IN FAVOR of DACA? "They have nowhere to go, this is the only home they know" is a key mantra of DACA agit-prop.