PDA

View Full Version : Gas attack...

latemetal1
15th January 2018, 12:36 PM
Yesterday, $2.35 was the high price for regular gas in my neighborhood, today I'm seeing $2.45-2.49, so I tanked up quickly at a station that had not yet raised prices, I suggest you do the same.:p

osoab
15th January 2018, 12:53 PM
I noticed some stations in my area down 10 cents since Friday.

cheka.
15th January 2018, 02:56 PM
if you want to know what your gasoline price is going to do in the near future, watch this:

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/energy/refined-products/rbob-gasoline.html

latemetal1
15th January 2018, 05:17 PM
Out tonight and most stations now at $2.49, 14 cents rise just about overnight. cheka, thanks but I have no clue what I'm looking at.

cheka.
15th January 2018, 05:48 PM
Out tonight and most stations now at $2.49, 14 cents rise just about overnight. cheka, thanks but I have no clue what I'm looking at.

commodity called rbob (gasoline). take that price, add your state's tax load = your pump price

for me in houston it's rbob + 40 cents = pump price. rbob price changes lead pump price

watch the top price at the table at link -- compare to your pump price. rbob leads your pump by a few days to week-ish. you can amaze your friends and 'predict' price moves at your pump

most useful when rbob is falling. with confidence you know you'll pay less if you wait

crimethink
15th January 2018, 06:22 PM
$3.05 for Chevron...that includes Excremento's exorbitant taxes. Price has been stable for at least two weeks.

cheka.
15th January 2018, 06:27 PM
$3.05 for Chevron...that includes Excremento's exorbitant taxes. Price has been stable for at least two weeks.

damn, you have to add 1.00 to 1.20 to rbob. i think cali may have some special enviro gasoline formulation that might change the rules for it...but not sure. i think i remember learning that west coast refineries have different economics from the rest of the country.....fuzzy