PDA

View Full Version : All in one printers and scanners +

Dogman
12th February 2018, 10:46 AM
Finally saw the need, so did the deed, and got one, mainly for scanning and sending info.

Who here has the same need ? Printing for sure, but for me not so much now. Copying same!

Faxing, (funny thing I worked early in that industry when they first came out, back in the days of magic.)

Just curious

madfranks
12th February 2018, 11:35 AM
I have an HP color laser jet pro, with integrated scanning and faxing (I have never used the fax feature once). It prints fast, and scans multiple documents at once. I like it a lot.

Dogman
12th February 2018, 11:44 AM
I have an HP color laser jet pro, with integrated scanning and faxing (I have never used the fax feature once). It prints fast, and scans multiple documents at once. I like it a lot. In your work I can see the expence. but home non bizz, not so much. Hell I can buy a ream of paper and still have sum 20 years later. Fact, I went for the copy/scan/fax thingy of a jet printer, I have a Hp 6840 I still suspect that fed new ink will work fine, tho the wireless ?

Bought that sob near 10 ? years ago, but into the trash it will go or not??? I just maybe twice a year to scan and fax and odd times to scan digitally to pass on hard copys of crap.

I have storys of toner and how evil it is, hehehe, used to repair and rebuild the bastards.. ;D (1990 or so to 1994 or so) (In my day color was a dream, black&white only at the time)

Peace.

(Hint) sprinkle some toner on your pants and try to wipe it off, it will fuse and never go away.....

omnifax fax machines , do a web search.. my address bar is being a shit.

woodman
12th February 2018, 12:47 PM
Office jet pro. Works great. Ink's a bitch though, $$$.

monty
12th February 2018, 05:54 PM
https://mediaserver.goepson.com/ImConvServlet/imconv/11039d9ff6e18bc2f871437b7e5ea25fbfd50c6a/1200Wx1200H?use=banner&assetDescr=et3700_hero_690x460I bought my daughter and Epson Eco Tank 3700 because she prints so much she was always out of ink.

https://media.ldlc.com/bo/images/fiches/imprimante/epson/et-3700/et-3700-1.jpg

Cebu_4_2
14th February 2018, 03:13 AM
Shit stops scanning when the black ink dries out. Fucking garbage, give me back my scannner that does nothing but that, too bad it can't be plugged in anymore. An antique specialty item.

Joshua01
14th February 2018, 08:02 AM
Canon MP490. Not a big behemoth! Simple and has enough features to be very useful for most applications. It just works and is very good with ink!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41vNsjUPVbL._SY355_.jpg

madfranks
14th February 2018, 08:43 AM
Shit stops scanning when the black ink dries out. Fucking garbage, give me back my scannner that does nothing but that, too bad it can't be plugged in anymore. An antique specialty item.

You can still buy straight up plain scanners.

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-Office-Products-LiDE120-Scanner/dp/B00LN0NUOO

Dogman
14th February 2018, 03:39 PM
Well got the sob, hp envoy 4520 easy setup and for what little printing I do, will do the job, bought it for copy/scan mostly. my old hp 6840 probably still works, but I do not print that much and suspect the ink dried out ? (happens if it sits for a few years)

Hp has this thingy called instant ink, if it works will solve ink problems and is near dirt cheap for a buck or so a month, and printing less than 50? pages per month, no charge at all, the down side they monitor the ink usage, but I do not care. No feer..!

;D

If that does not work out, well ink refill kits are good to go, but hell I still have near a 1/4 ream of my last paper buy 10 or so years ago..

So far neat little printer, time will tell.

Dogman
14th February 2018, 11:06 PM
Add on the more I play with this , the more I am liking this printer. because of the other options, scan/copy for sure.

What is amazing, is for me is the mechanical shrink (tight design ) and what the sob can do, but is only for low volume use, not 100's of pages a day.

Still waiting to see how this instant ink shit works, but the cost is based on use, so ink could be free , for ? but for now it is, on low page per month use.

?

;D

Refill kits are ? not sure for now, time will tell.

Found some old transfer paper, thinking of imaging for some t shirts just for a grin.

Did the same using "Bombers scanned me" back in the day, I am probably the only one on the planet that had and wore one.

Hoot!

Dogman
17th February 2018, 02:34 PM
Just played with this sob, and am for low volume for the price, priceless, did a Id scan for a grin (drivers license) Perfect!

Shit nice to have a way to important shit into digitize paper or such into a archived file, so the originals if lost , not all is lost. Perfect reproductions in print. Now the search of important papers to scan to disk, to keep a copy, to computer or to a thumb drive.

Do not do photos , (yet) much, bought this more for the copy & scan, well worth the price, (low)

For the honorable discharged military , Just scanned my last copy of my dd214 and perfect, keep on one me and now can take the loss of a copy, and not spend bucks to pay for copy's, the bastard is now on disk, and can print all I want. (not many)

To the unwashed the DD-214 is everything for they that have served.. honorable is best!

But my message is for they here that are honorable. despite the current political shit.

+ a few shit heads here....Lmfao!

;D

Dogman
17th February 2018, 05:41 PM
Just played with this sob, and am for low volume for the price, priceless, did a Id scan for a grin (drivers license) Perfect!

Shit nice to have a way to important shit into digitize paper or such into a archived file, so the originals if lost , not all is lost. Perfect reproductions in print. Now the search of important papers to scan to disk, to keep a copy, to computer or to a thumb drive.

Do not do photos , (yet) much, bought this more for the copy & scan, well worth the price, (low)

For the honorable discharged military , Just scanned my last copy of my dd214 and perfect, keep on one me and now can take the loss of a copy, and not spend bucks to pay for copy's, the bastard is now on disk, and can print all I want. (not many)

To the unwashed the DD-214 is everything for they that have served.. honorable is best!

But my message is for they here that are honorable. despite the current political shit.

+ a few shit heads here....Lmfao!

;D Many here have no served, so they have not a clue of the chain (thick) never seen but very real, when you raise you hand you give your life to this nation for so many years. Sworn to the constitution and this nation.

They own you, you personal life ended, get killed well add your name to the death list.

amazed at the punks here that .that have not a clue.lets us leave that alone..

For good reasons, they that served and survived, I honor u. they that did not fuck you.

;D

low cost, but seems to do the job.