PDA

View Full Version : border wall that the Mexican people widely consider offensive

Dachsie
26th February 2018, 06:15 AM
USA citizens consider illegal intruders offensive too.

Trump Refuses to Back Down on Mexico Paying for Wall, Mexican President’s Trip to White House Called Off (http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/04/wi/afp/27/254bjmo-640x426.jpg)

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/04/wi/afp/27/254bjmo-640x426.jpg

Excerpts

President Trump has refused to back down on his promise to make Mexico pay for a wall along the United States-Mexico border, prompting a White House trip by Mexican President Peņa Nieto to be canceled.

Trump and Nieto decided to call off the planned visit in Washington, DC, after a phone conversation about the proposed U.S.-Mexico border wall and how it would be paid for — in one way or another — by Mexico.

The Washington Post reports:

Tentative plans for Mexican President Enrique Peņa Nieto to make his first visit to the White House to meet with President Trump were scuttled this week after a testy call between the two leaders ended in an impasse over Trump’s promised border wall, according to U.S. and Mexican officials.

Peņa Nieto was eyeing an official trip to Washington this month or in early March, but both countries agreed to call off the plan after Trump would not agree to publicly affirm Mexico’s position that it would not fund construction of a border wall that the Mexican people widely consider offensive, said the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a confidential conversation.

Mexico, Trump has committed, will somehow end up paying for the border wall, whether that comes in the form of taxing remittances to have illegal aliens from Mexico actually pay for the wall or tariffs on imported goods from Mexico.

Dachsie says: I do not know exactly what this means...

"the form of taxing remittances to have illegal aliens from Mexico actually pay for the wall"

Sounds like somehow illegal aliens already in the USA will be identified and somehow made to pay some kind of bill. Cannot see how that would work at all.

Another article states that a 2.25 mile part of the wall is now under construction in the El Centro area of California and Arizona where the largest numbers of illegal crossings occur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHvAO9ftIVU

Headlines With A Voice
Published on Feb 25, 2018
Border Wall Construction Begins

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers started construction Wednesday to replace a decaying stretch of a 2.25-mile Mexico–United States barrier, swapping it out for a new and improved 30-foot high bollard style wall.
This is the first border wall contract awarded in the Trump administration outside the eight prototypes that were built last year near Tijuana, Mexico. ...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-0...

...https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-23/breaking-ground-trump-border-wall-begins-construction-calexico...

Breaking Ground? Trump Border Wall Begins Construction In Calexico
Profile picture for user Tyler Durden
by Tyler Durden
Sat, 02/24/2018 - 21:45
SHARES
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit
Email
Print

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers started construction Wednesday to replace a decaying stretch of a 2.25-mile Mexico–United States barrier, swapping it out for a new and improved 30-foot high bollard style wall.

This is the first border wall contract awarded in the Trump administration outside the eight prototypes that were built last year near Tijuana, Mexico.

According to CBP Public Affairs, the 2.25-mile project will stretch from the Calexico West Port of Entry extending westward beyond the Gran Plaza Outlets and include all-weather roads paralleling the new wall.

KESQ-TV, an ABC-affiliated television station for the Coachella Valley licensed to Palm Springs, used their Newsdrone to survey the area where the new wall construction is underway.

The unlawful cross-border activities in the El Centro Sector are stunning. CBP provides a breakdown of seizures made by officers for the fiscal year 2017:

The El Centro Sector apprehended 18,633 illegal aliens, seized 5,554 pounds of marijuana, 483 pounds of cocaine, and 1,526 pounds of methamphetamine and 2,521 ounces of heroin. During that fiscal year, there were 21 assaults against El Centro Sector agents.

CBP spokesman Carlos Diaz told the Washington Examiner on Wednesday, the project was fully funded by fiscal 2017 appropriations, which will also fund projects in Southern California, New Mexico, and in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas.

madfranks
26th February 2018, 06:46 AM
Mexico, Trump has committed, will somehow end up paying for the border wall, whether that comes in the form of taxing remittances to have illegal aliens from Mexico actually pay for the wall or tariffs on imported goods from Mexico.

Dachsie says: I do not know exactly what this means...

"the form of taxing remittances to have illegal aliens from Mexico actually pay for the wall"

Sounds like somehow illegal aliens already in the USA will be identified and somehow made to pay some kind of bill. Cannot see how that would work at all.I think it means a tax on money sent to Mexico from USA. As you know, immigrants from Mexico (illegal and legal) send billions of USD to Mexico every year. Slap a 20% tax on all money transfers from USA to Mexico and that's a pretty good chunk of change.

Hitch
26th February 2018, 07:09 AM
A coworker told a joke....the only reason Trump is watching the Olympics, is to see how high the Mexicans can pole vault. :D

Ares
26th February 2018, 07:36 AM
I think it means a tax on money sent to Mexico from USA. As you know, immigrants from Mexico (illegal and legal) send billions of USD to Mexico every year. Slap a 20% tax on all money transfers from USA to Mexico and that's a pretty good chunk of change.

Was just going to say the samething. It's easy enough to implement and force western union to collect the taxes. They won't like that 20 percent of their earnings are going to fund it but honestly I don't give a shit. The vast majority shouldn't even be here to begin with.

JDRock
26th February 2018, 07:54 AM
Was just going to say the samething. It's easy enough to implement and force western union to to collect the taxes. They won't like that 20 percent of their earnings are going to fund it but honestly I don't give a shit. The vast majority shouldn't even be here to begin with.
Oh guess what? Its owned by Jacob Greenberg! So there will be NO restrictions i assure you.

ziero0
26th February 2018, 08:10 AM
Fences have a dual purpose. Did the Russians build a wall in E Berlin to keep their cattle in or to keep others cattle out?

Then in the southwest it seems the type of fence gives a clue as to the purpose. Three strands barb are used on BLM (government) ground and opening gates to gain access are permitted (although hardly encouraged). Four strands barb are private ground and are used on private property. You are more likely to get shot by going in.

Fences are intended to give an illusion. It is not the land that is claimed but the fence itself. The illusion is that there is property claimed/owned within. Cities do this without fences. Instead they post CITY LIMITS signs.

Dachsie
26th February 2018, 08:26 AM
SWF Constructors of Omaha, Nebraska. won the Dept of Homeland Security U S governement contract to build the 2.25 mile wall in Calexico, California.

Hope SWF Constructors make sure to use properly documented workers to do the work on the wall.

Cebu_4_2
26th February 2018, 05:29 PM
2,521 ounces of heroin

That's 157 pounds!

seized 5,554 pounds of marijuana, 483 pounds of cocaine, and 1,526 pounds of methamphetamine and 2,521 ounces of heroin

cheka.
26th February 2018, 08:00 PM
was in el centro in the 90's for a couple of weeks. it is hell on earth. august temps in the 120's - and all illegals

Twisted Titan
27th February 2018, 05:00 AM
Who gives I flying rip what Mexico finds offensive?

The tears they cry can be mixed with the cement as it will make the mortar for the block work that much stronger.

@$$holes.

Dachsie
27th February 2018, 06:39 AM
It just amazes me that the cheeky Mexican illegal aliens of today, at least in my area, have a very militant aggressive attitude. They live in a unreal mentality and cannot at all conceive of the concept that it is not their entitlement and RIGHT to breach the national boundaries of another country and take up living there in an underground anonymous economy and why it is also not their right to bring in their entire family, close and distant family.

Here is a quote from one of the people who is running for president of Mexico and he says he will call in United Nations forces if the U S persists in building the wall and no way will Mexico pay for the wall.

"Lopez Obrador also criticized Trump administration plans for what he called an "unnecessary" wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. He vowed a friendly and cooperative relationship with Washington but said that "if construction of the wall we consider a violation of human rights is insisted upon, we will recur to the United Nations to defend the rights of Mexicans."

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-mexico-candidates-20180218-story.html

I have given up on trying to find English speaking U S citizens who reliably care for my yard, even though I will pay them about three times as much as that day labor construction work Home Depot has them do. Think I will get a little goat to mow my yard or maybe some Guinea pigs.

My neighbor lady is married to a nice Anglo fellow told me her first name is , sounded like, Betivia, so when I repeated it as it sounded, she jumped on me and got a real hateful tone in her voice and said, 'just call me Betsy' and walked away. I was amazed at her short, uppity tone. I thought I did a pretty good job of pronouncing it as I am not totally ignorant of Spanish. They sort of pronounce a v as a b. I guess I didn't do that just right. Heck, we Americans don't even do English 4-syllable first names.

ziero0
27th February 2018, 06:49 AM
he says he will call in United Nations forces if the U S persists in building the wall

Easy solution is to move the proposed wall location 50 miles further north and make everything south of it a 'must carry' area.
https://adobochroniclesdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/capture9.jpg?w=350&h=200&crop=1

Surely there could be no objection to putting a fence on your own land?

Dachsie
27th February 2018, 06:56 AM
what a swell idea. Still would like a wall between Texas and Rio Bravo and New Mexico and would like people who flee to Texas from California to be carefully screened.

Also would like to see evidence of swift massive deportations, done of course, in the most human rights respecting ways.

One guy recently filed some kind of complaint because he did not like the accommodations on the plane on which he was deported out of the country.

Dogman
27th February 2018, 07:26 AM
It just amazes me that the cheeky Mexican illegal aliens of today, at least in my area, have a very militant aggressive attitude. They live in a unreal mentality and cannot at all conceive of the concept that it is not their entitlement and RIGHT to breach the national boundaries of another country and take up living there in an underground anonymous economy and why it is also not their right to bring in their entire family, close and distant family.

Here is a quote from one of the people who is running for president of Mexico and he says he will call in United Nations forces if the U S persists in building the wall and no way will Mexico pay for the wall.

"Lopez Obrador also criticized Trump administration plans for what he called an "unnecessary" wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. He vowed a friendly and cooperative relationship with Washington but said that "if construction of the wall we consider a violation of human rights is insisted upon, we will recur to the United Nations to defend the rights of Mexicans."

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-mexico-candidates-20180218-story.html

I have given up on trying to find English speaking U S citizens who reliably care for my yard, even though I will pay them about three times as much as that day labor construction work Home Depot has them do. Think I will get a little goat to mow my yard or maybe some Guinea pigs.

My neighbor lady is married to a nice Anglo fellow told me her first name is , sounded like, Betivia, so when I repeated it as it sounded, she jumped on me and got a real hateful tone in her voice and said, 'just call me Betsy' and walked away. I was amazed at her short, uppity tone. I thought I did a pretty good job of pronouncing it as I am not totally ignorant of Spanish. They sort of pronounce a v as a b. I guess I didn't do that just right. Heck, we Americans don't even do English 4-syllable first names. Near 30+ years ago, I was working at a place that had a Mex woman on one of the production crews. Nice person, but she told me one time , that we "USA" stole, a huge chunk of mexico from them and they intend to take it back!

Guess what they are !

One chunk at a time !

;D

Very true story !

(Wonder what the native americans have planed?)

Joshua01
27th February 2018, 09:21 AM
The beaners can have Commiefornia. We're looking to dump it anyway!
Near 30+ years ago, I was working at a place that had a Mex woman on one of the production crews. Nice person, but she told me one time , that we "USA" stole, a huge chunk of mexico from them and they intend to take it back!

Guess what they are !

One chunk at a time !

;D

Very true story !

(Wonder what the native americans have planed?)

Joshua01
27th February 2018, 09:22 AM
Dear God yes, and post sentries every 100 feet so any of them that tries to climb the wall gets taken out!
Easy solution is to move the proposed wall location 50 miles further north and make everything south of it a 'must carry' area.
https://adobochroniclesdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/capture9.jpg?w=350&h=200&crop=1

Surely there could be no objection to putting a fence on your own land?

Stop Making Cents
27th February 2018, 02:49 PM
It really is amazing the sense of entitlement these invaders have while they steal from us and mock us.