PDA

View Full Version : Electric Meat Grinder

AviBennet
14th March 2018, 02:52 AM
Are you planning to buy a meat grinder, but not sure where to start with and what things to look for? The selection process of a meat grinder could be easy or difficult depending upon how much information you have.

Meat grinder will be a great addition to your kitchen because it can simplify your cooking job, but the question that arises now is that, where to buy a meat grinder? Since meat grinders are available in different price range, so you need to outline your requirements before buying one.

If you are looking to have a control over your food, then a meat grinder is a must. In spite, having your meat processed at meat processing centres, it will be better to process your own food at home using a meat grinder. But, before you go into the details of that process, you should know what things to keep in mind before buying a meat grinder.

Size of the Grinder
You need to start-off with determining the size of the meat grinder. In order to find the right sized meat grinder, you need to pay attention to ‘#’. When you see this, you will be able to find out the size of the meat grinder. The right size will be determined by measuring grinder plates.

If you opt for a smaller meat grinder, then you will get a smaller feeding tube, whereas in a larger grinder, the feeding tube is also going to be large. There will be a staggering difference in the power as well.

You need to ask yourself that, ‘why do you want to get a meat grinder for’? If your motive is to grind meatballs or burgers for your family members on a weekend basis, then you will require a smaller meat grinder. On the contrary, if you want to organize parties every weekend, and make big batches of sausages, then you need a bigger meat grinder.

Horn
14th March 2018, 03:08 PM
If you opt for a smaller meat grinder, then you will get a smaller feeding tube, whereas in a larger grinder, the feeding tube is also going to be large.

Idk about anyone else, but i found this piece of information invaluable.

woodman
14th March 2018, 03:29 PM
All I can say is that a meat grinder is a necessity and an electric one will save you much misery. I once ground up most of a whole cow with a hand crank grinder and my elbow was out for 10 months.

Cebu_4_2
2nd May 2018, 09:42 PM
I bought a hand grinder since my grandmothers went AWOL, the screw part was cast stupid probably Chinese. Threw the thing in the garbage. Wife is looking into it now and has a few recommended ones bookmarked.

Neuro
3rd May 2018, 12:03 AM
All I can say is that a meat grinder is a necessity and an electric one will save you much misery. I once ground up most of a whole cow with a hand crank grinder and my elbow was out for 10 months.

A few years ago I bought this electric “mouse” sander. Cheap Chinese Chit quality. Most of the vibrations went into the elbow instead of the table I attempted to sand, and at the same time I trimmed the hedges with the old fashioned hedge scissors. The elbow was hurting a lot for at least a year, and I still have a slight electric feeling in my fingers, and I think it is at least 4 years since. Good tools are worth it, totally!

The electric sander I sold to an Arab for a dollar or two last summer at a flea market. ;D

Camp Bassfish
3rd May 2018, 06:14 AM
I bought a hand grinder since my grandmothers went AWOL, the screw part was cast stupid probably Chinese. Threw the thing in the garbage. Wife is looking into it now and has a few recommended ones bookmarked.

The Kitchen Aid meat grinder works like a beast. It's a pricey setup, but worth it long term. Of course SHTF and there's no electric, that's a whole other story.

Joshua01
3rd May 2018, 06:55 AM
If you already have a KA the attachment is dirt cheap!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HQYTL0C/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_rfb

The Kitchen Aid meat grinder works like a beast. It's a pricey setup, but worth it long term. Of course SHTF and there's no electric, that's a whole other story.

Camp Bassfish
3rd May 2018, 11:07 AM
If you already have a KA the attachment is dirt cheap!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HQYTL0C/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_rfb

Sure is! And well worth every cent.

madfranks
3rd May 2018, 01:34 PM
Idk about anyone else, but i found this piece of information invaluable.

And yet you didn't even thank the post!

Horn
3rd May 2018, 01:34 PM
You guys are makin me proud that i salvaged the "elecrtic meat grinder" thead...

Joshua01
3rd May 2018, 02:12 PM
You still haven't thrown the OP a thanks yet!
You guys are makin me proud that i salvaged the "elecrtic meat grinder" thead...

Horn
3rd May 2018, 02:23 PM
You still haven't thrown the OP a thanks yet!

Quit fuckin around with my salvaged "electric meat grinder" thread, Joshua or I will be forced to use my LARGE feeder tube on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFZy4ot2O2g

Joshua01
3rd May 2018, 02:37 PM
Sir! I will have you know that, as a result of what I read in this thread I purchased this meat grinder accessory today for my KA. (and I did too)
Quit fuckin around with my salvaged "electric meat grinder" thread, Joshua or I will be forced to use my LARGE feeder tube on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFZy4ot2O2g

Horn
3rd May 2018, 03:02 PM
Sir! I will have you know that, as a result of what I read in this thread I purchased this meat grinder accessory today for my KA. (and I did too)

Just because u purchased an "electric meat grinder", it does not make you any more kosher than you already were, Joshua.

Joshua01
3rd May 2018, 04:56 PM
Oy vey!!
Just because u purchased an "electric meat grinder", it does not make you any more kosher than you already were, Joshua.