PDA

View Full Version : Ex-French president Nicolas Sarkozy arrested over campaign financing

Down1
20th March 2018, 01:21 PM
Former French president Nicolas Sarkozy is being held by police in connection to alleged campaign funding from late Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi.

Mr Sarkozy is being questioned as part of an investigation into "irregularities" in election campaign financing, a French court source told Reuters.

He is said to have accepted €50m from Muammar Gaddafi's regime, claims which have been repeated by the late Libyan dictator's son and French businessman Ziad Takieddine.
https://news.sky.com/story/ex-french-president-nicolas-sarkozy-arrested-over-campaign-financing-11297642

cheka.
20th March 2018, 05:28 PM
we know the cover story is bs - anybody got the inside track on this?

Uncle Salty
21st March 2018, 05:36 PM
we know the cover story is bs - anybody got the inside track on this?

Mr. X: Nicolas, would you like to be put in jail for pedophilia or campaign finance violations?
Nicolas: Campaign violations.
Mr. X: As you wish.

Neuro
21st March 2018, 09:34 PM
Mr. X: Nicolas, would you like to be put in jail for pedophilia or campaign finance violations?
Nicolas: Campaign violations.
Mr. X: As you wish.
Nah, why would Sarkozy be singled out and jailed for pedophelia when no-one else is? They don’t jail world leaders for pedophilia, it comes with the job. Perhaps he wasn’t deemed enough of a team player and opposed the destruction of Libya too strongly at the time.

Uncle Salty
22nd March 2018, 11:57 AM
Nah, why would Sarkozy be singled out and jailed for pedophelia when no-one else is? They don’t jail world leaders for pedophilia, it comes with the job. Perhaps he wasn’t deemed enough of a team player and opposed the destruction of Libya too strongly at the time.

My point was that he is being jailed for pedophilia but the cover story is campaign shenanigans.

Just riffing here...

Neuro
23rd March 2018, 02:30 AM
My point was that he is being jailed for pedophilia but the cover story is campaign shenanigans.

Just riffing here...

My point is they will never jail any leader for pedophilia. It may be they expose and convict someone for being a pedophile if they stop being a team player, but the reason is not them being pedophiles.