PDA

View Full Version : PM markets poised to totally collapse?

midnight rambler
22nd April 2018, 12:17 PM
Sometime in the future perhaps. If you think the manipulation is bad now, just wait.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/697701/space-mining-first-trillionaire-asteroid-mark-zuckerberg-bill-gates-jeff-bezos

osoab
22nd April 2018, 12:24 PM
Will never happen.

midnight rambler
22nd April 2018, 12:28 PM
Will never happen.

Which, the space mining or the collapse?

You just know that the banksters want to rid themselves of the *problem* of that barbarous relic.

osoab
22nd April 2018, 12:33 PM
Which, the space mining or the collapse?

You just know that the banksters want to rid themselves of the *problem* of that barbarous relic.

Space mining.

midnight rambler
22nd April 2018, 03:00 PM
Space mining.

Those PM and mineral rich nodules on the sea floor at >15,000 ft. has been common knowledge for decades yet no one has gotten around to scooping those up.

ziero0
22nd April 2018, 03:19 PM
Those PM and mineral rich nodules on the sea floor at >15,000 ft. has been common knowledge for decades yet no one has gotten around to scooping those up.
Glomar Explorer?

There is a limited population of sunken Russian subs.

midnight rambler
22nd April 2018, 06:21 PM
Glomar Explorer?

There is a limited population of sunken Russian subs.

I suppose if that were the case we'd be the last to know.

cheka.
22nd April 2018, 06:41 PM
win win. if they have to go to space to get the pm, that puts a high floor and high ceiling vs frn

Silver Rocket Bitches!
23rd April 2018, 08:05 AM
The silver price collapsed in the 1800s when miners found huge veins of it in Nevada. Simple supply and demand - scarcity leads to higher prices, abundance leads to lower prices. Exploiting asteroids for precious metals will make them not so precious anymore and they'll become as cheap as aluminum.

cheka.
23rd April 2018, 09:19 AM
The silver price collapsed in the 1800s when miners found huge veins of it in Nevada. Simple supply and demand - scarcity leads to higher prices, abundance leads to lower prices. Exploiting asteroids for precious metals will make them not so precious anymore and they'll become as cheap as aluminum.

yup. that's the propaganda

ziero0
23rd April 2018, 12:16 PM
The value of any metal is the cost in the lives of the slaves used to harvest it.

Neuro
25th April 2018, 03:31 AM
yup. that's the propaganda

The cost of bringing any metals to earth from an asteroid including mining, and refining at site would be astronomical. It would be much cheaper to extract the tiny amounts of gold and silver that is present in seawater. The idea that either of the technologies would crash the price of PM’s is ridiculous. Did people stop to think at all lately? Space is fucking vast!

hoarder
25th April 2018, 05:33 AM
I'm still waiting for this buying opportunity.

ziero0
25th April 2018, 06:34 AM
Space is fucking vast!
Economics is the science of managing shortages. Three examples of things not subject to economics are
1) space
2) Mississippi River flood waters
3) Oklahoma tornados

Neuro
25th April 2018, 07:09 AM
Economics is the science of managing shortages. Three examples of things not subject to economics are
1) space
2) Mississippi River flood waters
3) Oklahoma tornados

Debatable if economics is a science even. It mainly deals with legal fictions. Certainly Alfred Nobel, never considered it a science or even particularly worthwhile when he instituted the Nobel prizes.

ziero0
25th April 2018, 07:45 AM
Certainly Alfred Nobel, never considered it a science or even particularly worthwhile when he instituted the Nobel prizes.
I never met Alfred Nobel and while he might value his opinion I have no special need to. Didn't he blow up a lot of crap?

Neuro
25th April 2018, 08:11 AM
I never met Alfred Nobel and while he might value his opinion I have no special need to. Didn't he blow up a lot of crap?

He was a scientist who invented dynamite, which is a safer form of nitroglycerin, but I think he blew up his lab a few times in the process. He sold most of the dynamite he produced I think. Most of the wealth he left behind for the Nobel prize was derived from the oil wells in Baku though. He was one of the richest men in Europe at his death in 1895. I met his grandson who was working at the same company as a financial controller as I worked as a production planner at in 1991. He was a bit pissed off that he had squandered his inheritance.

ziero0
25th April 2018, 02:50 PM
He was a bit pissed off that he had squandered his inheritance.
If he wanted his share all he has to do is win the PRIZE.

JDRock
25th April 2018, 05:34 PM
Holy shiiite, are there STILL Americans that believe supply and demand or any other honest market force have a Damn thing to do with the PM mkt?? Come on now!

Horn
25th April 2018, 05:49 PM
Space mining.

NAYSAYER AGAIN!!!

At the rate China is burning through Silver there's a future for silver mining on the moon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/science/silver-found-on-moon-ndash-and-you-thought-it-was-made-of-cheese-2113338.html%3famp

Neuro
26th April 2018, 07:24 AM
If he wanted his share all he has to do is win the PRIZE.

It seems he took his revenge by becoming an economist, and the Prize in economy in Alfred Nobel’s memory doesn’t come from the Nobel foundation. Instead it was instituted by the Swedish Central bank (Riksbanken), in the 1960’s I believe, to give some sort of legitimacy to economists and their “scientific theories”, they even managed to nestle themselves in to the proper Prize ceremony and dinner. They even call them Nobel Prize winners. At this point it is probably to late for poor Peter Nobel, as he was around 65 years old 30 years ago.

midnight rambler
26th April 2018, 05:31 PM
https://www.space.com/40400-planetary-resources-asteroid-mining-satellite-mission-accomplished.html