PDA

View Full Version : 4th July-Day when American embassy doesn’t celebrate!

Neuro
4th July 2018, 12:07 AM
I’m in Budapest, Hungary now. We are taking our camper from Sweden down to Montenegro and back.

The American embassy is just a stones throw away from the Camping we are staying at, in Budapest. Yesterday at the third of July there was a huge celebration at the American embassy, with a brass band playing, I saw at least 50 maybe a hundred diplomatic cars parked on the road. I couldn’t park at the supermarket a mile away from the camping, and nowhere in between either, but had to park at the camping to walk back to the supermarket to buy some sausages for the grill. The American embassy is situated right in between the camping and the supermarket.

The explanation I was given was that celebrating the 4th of July on the 4th of July was not deemed safe...

Land of the free, home of the brave? Or does that only go for the US, not American embassies abroad?

Happy 4th of July, for the brave! ;D

Neuro
4th July 2018, 12:16 AM
Here is the photo of the Hungarian parliament I took from the boat trip on the Danube the other day...

https://i.imgur.com/HCWtNWU.jpg
My Hungarian friend Gábor told me that it was the Hungarian way, that the place of Democacy would be more like the royal palace, than any royal palace.

Here is the Palinka (Plum distillate, Hungary’s national drink), which I was recommended to buy at the supermarket. Gábor told me that the family was not in support of Soros...

https://i.imgur.com/ehuiogK_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Horn
4th July 2018, 12:55 AM
I've never seen any 4th of July celebration at embassy here in C.R. its mostly staffed with ticos.

I also have a friend in Hungary his name is Bila. If you see him let me know.

Neuro
4th July 2018, 04:09 AM
I've never seen any 4th of July celebration at embassy here in C.R. its mostly staffed with ticos.

I also have a friend in Hungary his name is Bila. If you see him let me know.

Do you want me to say hi to him? Or should I just report back to you?

osoab
4th July 2018, 07:02 AM
Where are the pics of the European camper?

Dogman
4th July 2018, 08:01 AM
Where are the pics of the European camper? Correct name is caravan, for most of the world.

:D

Camper is more of an American description !

So much for my word splitting.. 9871

;D

Neuro
4th July 2018, 08:08 AM
Where are the pics of the European camper?

It’s almost as old as me...
https://i.imgur.com/mkDk6ZF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Dogman
4th July 2018, 08:11 AM
https://i.imgur.com/mkDk6ZF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium Dam it , once seen can not never, never be unseen.. !

Stuff of nightmares.. ;D

Young punk !

Peace !

Neuro
4th July 2018, 08:16 AM
The camper is from -74, it has a gas stove and a fridge that runs on electricity or gas. I am more worried about the Land Rover though, it’s 20 years and has 150k miles under the hood. But right now it’s running like a clock...

Dogman
4th July 2018, 08:21 AM
The camper is from -74, it has a gas stove and a fridge that runs on electricity or gas. I am more worried about the Land Rover though, it’s 20 years and has 150k miles under the hood. But right now it’s running like a clock... Never never brag about anything, once u do, that dam near guarantees that what ever it is bragged about will fuck up (in sum shape, form or fashion) .

Said from personal multiple life experiences !

74 ? Tis the year I got out of the military...

Neuro
4th July 2018, 08:21 AM
Bought the Caravan 2 years ago for less than $800. No mold smell nice and clean inside, and you sleep quite well in it.

Neuro
4th July 2018, 08:23 AM
Never never brag about anything, once u do, that dam near guarantees that what ever it is bragged about will fuck up (in sum shape, form or fashion) .

Said from personal multiple life experiences !

Hehehe. I had this vision about a month ago that it will start boiling in the mountains of Montenegro... But I feel confident the Montenegroes will be able to help out if that were to happen... ;D

Horn
4th July 2018, 09:30 AM

He's real friendly, he will probably say hello to you first.

Neuro, please also remember that any rogaine treatments should be applied to the top of your head, not eyebrows.

osoab
4th July 2018, 09:35 AM
https://i.imgur.com/mkDk6ZF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Nice, uh, camper there. :D Part of that Orange Revolution I see too.

osoab
4th July 2018, 09:36 AM

You need to get Horn's money back. Any means necessary.

Neuro
4th July 2018, 09:53 AM
Nice, uh, camper there. :D Part of that Orange Revolution I see too.

I promise. György Schwartz was never involved in the transaction, neither contributing the cash nor selling me the camper at a subsidized price... Btw it is purple revolution nowadays, Orange Revolution is so 90’s...

Neuro
4th July 2018, 09:56 AM
He's real friendly, he will probably say hello to you first.

Neuro, please also remember that any rogaine treatments should be applied to the top of your head, not eyebrows.
Maybe I can do hair transplants from eyebrows or nose?

Does he still owe you from your “roof” job?

Horn
4th July 2018, 10:01 AM
You need to get Horn's money back. Any means necessary.

When the Hungarian was here in C.R. he taught me how to make a gourmet level cabbage and old ham bone stew.

He probably told Neuro already to celebrate 4th of July on the 3rd cause he needed a beer before he went to bed.

Horn
4th July 2018, 10:03 AM
Does he still owe you from your “roof” job?

Right you remember, he's on facebook regular but I never go near the app. need some extra course on how to operate it.

Dogman
4th July 2018, 10:18 AM

Whoot ! 9873 To u horn !

Kaptin torpedo is in the water and running hot at us !

Lmfao !

Horn = 1

Neuro = 0

They are sort of bushy !

;D

Dogman
4th July 2018, 10:22 AM
Right you remember, he's on facebook regular but I never go near the app. need some extra course on how to operate it.FB lots of babble, which can be ignored, but great to keep up with people that u sorta care for. Personally I do not post much at all, more fun reading the others make idiots out of themselfs and such!

Dogman
4th July 2018, 10:26 AM
When the Hungarian was here in C.R. he taught me how to make a gourmet level cabbage and old ham bone stew.

He probably told Neuro already to celebrate 4th of July on the 3rd cause he needed a beer before he went to bed.Stuffed cabbage, is wonderfully tasty, depending on how it is done and what is used to make it. It is not the basic cabbages fault at all! :D

Bones are great for making stock, as long as the marrow is good in them. Break up the bones before boiling & simmering, for beef stock, then filter. Bird just boil & simmer slowly along with the rest of the bird, then filter for stock, same goes with any other larger critter. personally it for me depends on what I use for stock, some parts I hate, liver is a great example. then filter out the solids = stock!

P+++ your dog will love them after. (infused with flavor)

Edit:

Not cabbage, but one of my most favorites is stuffed bell peppers, most do it with hambuger and rice, I like to use corned beef hash (mystery meat, small cubed taters and spices) Stuff them (peppers) bake them until the peppers start to wilting at 360-400F for abt half hour and enjoy!

Neuro
4th July 2018, 11:04 AM
Stuffed cabbage= dolma=Turkish cuisine that was taught the Hungarians by the Turks during their invasions. We have it in Sweden too, because the Swedish King Charles XII was the sultans guest for some years 300 years ago, as they shared common interests like opposing Tsar Peter the great.

Dogman
4th July 2018, 11:10 AM
Stuffed cabbage= dolma=Turkish cuisine that was taught the Hungarians by the Turks during their invasions. We have it in Sweden too, because the Swedish King Charles XII was the sultans guest for some years 300 years ago, as they shared common interests like opposing Tsar Peter the great. Despite the history tho interesting in many ways, the main thingy is that stuff tastes wonderful. And endlessness in what is use as stuffings + possibly addictive in a great way !

;D

Dolma is good I have eaten it and like it , but my main reference was cabbage rolls and such, I was more this post referring to stuffed peppers.

But both are mind boggling tasty U mostly can not eat just one. Personally I when I encounter or cook them , I will do my dam best to eat my weight (depending of pocket book) , Same goes to crab and lobster, mud bugs, shrimp etc, with sides, did I mention this kind of food is addictive?

;D

Neuro
4th July 2018, 11:50 AM
It does taste great indeed, my wife cooks a vicious cabbage dolma, cause in Turkey (I believe) they have gradually been decreased the meat content, probably to economize, but I convinced her to put at least 2/3 of fatty minced meat into them (half pork half beef is good but lamb mince is even better), the rest is rice and spices, and you eat it with boiled potatoes and lingonberry jam.

Neuro
4th July 2018, 11:55 AM
Right you remember, he's on facebook regular but I never go near the app. need some extra course on how to operate it.

Do you know if he still goes to Sweden. My roof may need work soon I believe, and if I hire a Swede for the job, it will cost me ten Caravans just for the work...

vacuum
4th July 2018, 01:10 PM
Nice Neuro. Hope you enjoy your camping trip.

Neuro
4th July 2018, 01:35 PM
Nice Neuro. Hope you enjoy your camping trip.

So far so good!

Dogman
4th July 2018, 01:47 PM
It does taste great indeed, my wife cooks a vicious cabbage dolma, cause in Turkey (I believe) they have gradually been decreased the meat content, probably to economize, but I convinced her to put at least 2/3 of fatty minced meat into them (half pork half beef is good but lamb mince is even better), the rest is rice and spices, and you eat it with boiled potatoes and lingonberry jam. Shit, ummmmmmmmmm

My best use with potatoes is as a salad, taters, bunch of boiled eggs (whites chunky) green onions, black or depending green olives, mayonnaise, dash of mustard, and also depending sweet or dill pickles . With a dash of the pickle juice ,again on what flavor. (All chunky style) (Not minced as most store boughten, that u can see and feel. Chunks of tater, pickle, egg white, onion, and olive, so when chewed micro burst of their flavor explodes on the taste buds and not a blend) ;D

My mom and grandma both cranked out this salad, Exact recipe except the use of pickles and olives, one used sweet and the other dill, and long standing argument between them which was best...!

Personally I did not give a flying crap, loved both and would make any batch go poof very quickly, Hell even today I will make a mess and eat nothing but until it is gone. (licking the bowl) ;D

Enjoy a great and no worry trip going and back to home base, if you are hauling kids, trip of a lifetime for them.

Horn
4th July 2018, 08:52 PM
Not cabbage, but one of my most favorites is stuffed bell peppers, most do it with hambuger and rice, I like to use corned beef hash (mystery meat, small cubed taters and spices) Stuff them (peppers) bake them until the peppers start to wilting at 360-400F for abt half hour and enjoy!

what about the tomato paste, you forgot the tomato paste.

Cebu_4_2
4th July 2018, 09:17 PM
what about the tomato paste, you forgot the tomato paste.

Tomato juice is better.

Neuro
4th July 2018, 10:34 PM
Shit, ummmmmmmmmm

My best use with potatoes is as a salad, taters, bunch of boiled eggs (whites chunky) green onions, black or depending green olives, mayonnaise, dash of mustard, and also depending sweet or dill pickles . With a dash of the pickle juice ,again on what flavor. (All chunky style) (Not minced as most store boughten, that u can see and feel. Chunks of tater, pickle, egg white, onion, and olive, so when chewed micro burst of their flavor explodes on the taste buds and not a blend) ;D

My mom and grandma both cranked out this salad, Exact recipe except the use of pickles and olives, one used sweet and the other dill, and long standing argument between them which was best...!

Personally I did not give a flying crap, loved both and would make any batch go poof very quickly, Hell even today I will make a mess and eat nothing but until it is gone. (licking the bowl) ;D

Enjoy a great and no worry trip going and back to home base, if you are hauling kids, trip of a lifetime for them.
The kids are 18 and 14, my daughter (18) flew back to Sweden yesterday, my son looks like he hates every moment of it almost...

Mix the mayonnaise with some sour cream or fat yoghurt and you’ll get a bit fresher flavour to the potato salad. Otherwise your potato salad is pretty much the Swedish recipe of potato salad minus the olives (but I agree would give a nice burst of flavor), another option is to put in some capers, also of course plenty of coarse ground black pepper... one could also put in a few cubes of sour apple...

Dogman
5th July 2018, 05:45 AM
what about the tomato paste, you forgot the tomato paste.Optional but not for me, tomatos would just spoil the taste of the peppers and hash combo. Sumthing to do with the pepper juice mixing into the corned beef hash along with the pepper itself, is perfect to me,

Horn
5th July 2018, 12:08 PM
Optional but not for me, tomatos would just spoil the taste of the peppers and hash combo. Sumthing to do with the pepper juice mixing into the corned beef hash along with the pepper itself, is perfect to me,

You're obviously some kind of tomato paste and a died in the wool Corned beef Protestant, every good Catholic meal includes a tomato.

Neuro
5th July 2018, 12:52 PM
You're obviously some kind of tomato paste and a died in the wool Corned beef Protestant, every good Catholic meal includes a tomato.

Perhaps that is the main reason why Northern Europe broke away from Catholicism? Unless you have a greenhouse it is really hard to get a tomato plant to deliver you a red tomato before the frost. I am sure the Protestant catholic line in Europe is close to red tomatoes... LOL

Sun dried red tomatoes are yucky btw!

Neuro
5th July 2018, 01:09 PM
Even more funny tomatoes were not introduced to Europe until after Martin Luther nailed his thesis to the door. But Northern Europeans considered them toxic because they ate on lead laced ceramic plates (where the acid in the tomato made the lead leach out) while Southern Europeans thrived on tomatoes on their simple wood plates...

Read more on the history of tomatoes here:
http://www.tomato-cages.com/tomato-history.html

Horn
5th July 2018, 01:14 PM
lol, good find.. excuse me Dogman, Died from the Lead Corn fed Protestant.. :)

Hungary has wood plates for tomatoes, no?

Neuro
5th July 2018, 01:29 PM
Today we reached the Balaton lake in Hungary...
https://i.imgur.com/Tg81kN9.jpg

The car boiled. There is a leak in the radiator, so the cooling fluid slowly leaks out. I just need to top it up.

Neuro
5th July 2018, 01:32 PM
lol, good find.. excuse me Dogman, Died from the Lead Corn fed Protestant.. :)

Hungary has wood plates for tomatoes, no?
They mainly eat bell peppers here. Historically I doubt they had plates even, that’s why the name of the country is derived from hunger.

Cebu_4_2
5th July 2018, 02:09 PM
Today we reached the Balaton lake in Hungary...
https://i.imgur.com/Tg81kN9.jpg

The car boiled. There is a leak in the radiator, so the cooling fluid slowly leaks out. I just need to top it up.

Need to add some stop leak stuff.

Nice picture!

Neuro
5th July 2018, 02:12 PM
Need to add some stop leak stuff.

Nice picture!

Thanks!

Yeah I know there are these radiator cements that stops the leak. But who knows what it is called in Hungarian?

osoab
5th July 2018, 03:25 PM
They mainly eat bell peppers here. Historically I doubt they had plates even, that’s why the name of the country is derived from hunger.

Or Gary the Hun.

Cebu_4_2
5th July 2018, 04:16 PM
Thanks!

Yeah I know there are these radiator cements that stops the leak. But who knows what it is called in Hungarian?

The stuff I found works pretty good except on rubber O rings are the little pucks, about an inch across and 1/2 tall. Looks like powder wood (probably is) but don't clog the heater valves. Tried a bunch of other crap over the years. Old BMWs notorious for heater O ring leaks and to fix that requires effort. Pop a couple pucks in and it leaks less LOL... better than anything else so far. But they work great if you have an actual leak in an aluminum core.

I'll try to find a pic or take one of what I have left.

Easier to take a pic... kid cut the shit up, think it's bars leak.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9874&d=1530833065

Horn
5th July 2018, 11:05 PM

Right, here it were a palm leaf. Palm leaf actually works a charm, can fold it into a funnel for left over scraps/gravys.

Neuro
5th July 2018, 11:05 PM
Thanks I’ll try that if I can find it at a gas station...

Cebu_4_2
5th July 2018, 11:10 PM
Thanks I’ll try that if I can find it at a gas station...

Auto parts store? They have them there? Visit a wood working facility.

Neuro
5th July 2018, 11:13 PM
Right, here it were a palm leaf. Palm leaf actually works a charm, can fold it into a funnel for left over scraps/gravys.

You can’t expect any evolution in such a place where nature provides for every need at a whim.

Neuro
5th July 2018, 11:13 PM
Auto parts store? They have them there? Visit a wood working facility.

Saw dust? Maybe I can just chew up some paper and spit it into the coolant container?

Cebu_4_2
5th July 2018, 11:22 PM
Saw dust? Maybe I can just chew up some paper and spit it into the coolant container?

Thats fukt, pm me and I'll mail you 2 of then.

Neuro
6th July 2018, 12:08 AM
Thats fukt, pm me and I'll mail you 2 of then.

I have really no idea where I will be when postal services will deliver, I have actually no idea where in Croatia I’ll go today. It’s a lake not too far from Hungarian border. My wife programmed the location in google maps...

Maybe I meet General of Darkness in Croatia... Send it to him! ;D

Cebu_4_2
6th July 2018, 03:42 AM
I have really no idea where I will be when postal services will deliver, I have actually no idea where in Croatia I’ll go today. It’s a lake not too far from Hungarian border. My wife programmed the location in google maps...

Maybe I meet General of Darkness in Croatia... Send it to him! ;D

On their way!

Horn
6th July 2018, 10:41 AM
You can’t expect any evolution in such a place where nature provides for every need at a whim.

Good. My belief is that we are all Hungarians on 4th of July that way.

Honestly I thought any knife would cut straight thru the palm leaf.