PDA

View Full Version : Austin considers renaming the CITY because the Texas founding father opposed banning

Cebu_4_2
29th July 2018, 05:01 PM
Austin considers renaming the CITY because the Texas founding father opposed banning slavery when the state was still part of Mexico

City officials issue report with recommendations about renaming streets
Suggestions include renaming areas named after pro-Confederate leaders
Renaming city would require special election throughout the city

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6004275/Austin-officials-recommend-changing-CITY-founding-fathers-support-slavery.html

Cebu_4_2
29th July 2018, 05:07 PM
HOW TEXAS BECAME A STATE

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/29/16/4EAB861A00000578-6004405-image-a-2_1532877496478.jpg
+4

Texas is seen above when it was part of Mexico before it became an independent republic in 1836

Historical records of human settlement of the area known today as Texas begin in the year 1519, when Spanish conquistadors arrived.
At the time, the region was inhabited by Native Americans, whose presence there stretched back thousands of years.

The area was claimed by explorer Alonso Alvarez de Pineda for Spain, but it was ignored for over 160 years.

In the 1680s, a French nobleman, Rene-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle established a colony in Texas.

When the Spanish king learned about the French colonization of the area, he ordered his troops to retake Texas, which they did in 1689.
Spanish colonizers managed to fend off French attempts to remove them from the area.

In 1762, France relinquished claims to Texas and ceded all of Louisiana west of the Mississippi River to Spain.

The Spaniards called the area ‘New Spain’ which encompassed present-day Texas and other parts of the Southwest United States; all of present-day Mexico and Central America; and a slice of South America.

Three decades later, Spain gave Louisiana back to France, which held on to it for just a short time.

In 1803, Napoleon sold Louisiana to the United States, which insisted that the entire area also consisted of West Florida and Texas.

When Mexico became independent in 1821, it ended the rule of New Spain in North America and incorporated Texas into its territory.
Texas at the time was merged with the state Coahuila to form the entity known as Coahuila y Tejas.

Because the newly formed government of Mexico needed money, it allowed immigrants from the United States to resettle in its territory.
One of the leading American settlers allowed into Mexico was Stephen F. Austin.

Many of the American settlers owned slaves, and the Mexican government was initially willing to tolerate slave-owning for a limited period of time.

But in 1830, Mexico’s president, Anastasio Bustamente, ordered all slaves in the territory be set free.

He also banned new immigrants from the United States and instituted strict new laws against American settlers.

The settlers, in turn, revolted, and Texans declared their independence.

In 1836, the settlers managed to evict the Mexican army and the Republic of Texas was born.

Nine years later, the U.S. Congress passed a bill authorizing the annexation of the Republic of Texas, if it chose to join the Union.

The residents of Texas approved a new constitution making the republic a state.

Neuro
30th July 2018, 12:49 AM
“Bustamente” feels like an odd name for the capital of Texas...

Down1
30th July 2018, 03:33 PM
Change it to BlackFagMexTin.

I guess Houston would be next up.

midnight rambler
30th July 2018, 03:35 PM
Change it to BlackFagMexTin.

I guess Houston would be next up.

Houston is overrun with beaners not faggot Sodomites.

Down1
30th July 2018, 03:39 PM
Houston is overrun ....
Yes it is and that is why it will be next.
Are the Katrina visitors from NOLA still there ?

I notice in the OPs link they are still bringing up Chartlottsville.
What a joke.