PDA

View Full Version : My most recent robocall experience

midnight rambler
27th November 2018, 07:55 AM
Are you in urgent need of prayer? This is the Sister Rosetta Stone Prayer Center and we can pray for you! Press 1 for assistance and have your card ready...

(something like that)

Jewboo
27th November 2018, 07:58 AM
https://livekindlyproduction-8u6efaq1lwo6x9a.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/livekindly_vegan_turkey_iceland-Cropped-2-1068x600.jpg

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1jJXaIVXXXXcXXpXXq6xXFXXX1/Hug.jpg

madfranks
27th November 2018, 10:04 AM
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1jJXaIVXXXXcXXpXXq6xXFXXX1/Hug.jpg

That right there is a strong independent woman who don't need no man! Just a man-shaped pillow to snuggle with to pretend she's loved by a man. LOL

End Times
27th November 2018, 01:19 PM
Are you in urgent need of prayer? This is the Sister Rosetta Stone Prayer Center and we can pray for you! Press 1 for assistance and have your card ready...

(something like that)

God neither accepts - nor needs - Visa & MasterCard, the products of modern (((moneychangers))).

cheka.
27th November 2018, 02:07 PM
whatever happened to the do not call list. i remember they modified it - so that anyone you do business with can ignore it

End Times
27th November 2018, 03:08 PM
whatever happened to the do not call list. i remember they modified it - so that anyone you do business with can ignore it

I routinely receive calls from fraudsters that I have never done business with...most of them with spoofed Caller ID. Been on the Do Not Call list for years.

There's no enforcement.

madfranks
27th November 2018, 03:38 PM
I routinely receive calls from fraudsters that I have never done business with...most of them with spoofed Caller ID. Been on the Do Not Call list for years.

There's no enforcement.

Me too, and lately they can now spoof numbers that are local to your phone number, so it looks like a local call.

End Times
27th November 2018, 04:08 PM
Me too, and lately they can now spoof numbers that are local to your phone number, so it looks like a local call.

It's a threat to the PSTN, but no one in DC seems to care...

BrewTech
27th November 2018, 07:37 PM

I had a lady from SD call me a few months ago insisting that I just called her. I had to explain "neighbor spoofing" to her. She said she was glad that I answered and filled her in - she had never heard of it.

I was glad to help, of course.

:cool:

BrewTech
27th November 2018, 07:39 PM
I had a lady from SD call me a few months ago insisting that I just called her. I had to explain "neighbor spoofing" to her. She said she was glad that I answered and filled her in - she had never heard of it.

I was glad to help, of course.

:cool:

Now that I think of it, I don't think I've received any spoof calls since then.

That's weird.

End Times
27th November 2018, 07:57 PM

What frightens me is the SWATting bullshit. That should be a capital offense.

Annoying CID-spoofed calls I can handle.

kiffertom
29th November 2018, 05:12 AM
That right there is a strong independent woman who don't need no man! Just a man-shaped pillow to snuggle with to pretend she's loved by a man. LOL
men love! women need!

Horn
29th November 2018, 05:37 AM
Now that I think of it, I don't think I've received any spoof calls since then.

That's weird.

As far as I can tell you need to be actively engaged voicely on that line to be spoofed

BrewTech
29th November 2018, 05:45 AM
As far as I can tell you need to be actively engaged voicely on that line to be spoofed

Not quite sure what you mean... ???

Horn
29th November 2018, 06:14 AM
Not quite sure what you mean... ???

If you use your phone with some app over, it goes under the radar from what i can see.

As soon as I used voice over dialed up (keypad) the spoofing starts. Probably works SMS also I imagine?