Thread: Jehova's Witnesses

Threaded View

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,959 Times in 1,354 Posts

Jehova's Witnesses

Over the years I have had many Witnesses come to my door. They are irritating to say the least. I usually send them off immediately. Well, it happens that a sister-in-law is a Jehova's witness. She usually does not harp on it, but she can be irritatingly smug and overbearing in her beliefs. I suppose this is a universal trait of most religious people. I am not religious, though I have faith in God. I believe that religion is belief 'about' God and has very little to do with belief 'in' God. There is a difference between faith and belief.

Anyway, her husband whom I have always thought quite intelligent and reasonable has always professed an atheistic leaning. Not any more. He has gone full-on Jehova's Witness. He even goes out knocking on doors now. He was here the other night and started discussing the Jews. He knew nothing. I set him straight and it caused a lot of friction. He left very quickly after that.

They seem to have a slightly different attitude toward Christ and this I think means that although they follow the Bible, they are not Christians. From quick research I find this: "
    Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that when Jesus was born on earth, he was a mere human and not God in human flesh.""

I have heard that the Nazis interred them but I am not sure why.

Does anyone here have much knowledge of the Witnesses? I am curious to know your interpretation of them.
    " If you are on the wrong road progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man. There is nothing progressive about being pig-headed and refusing to admit a mistake. And I think if you look at the present state of the world it's pretty plain that humanity has been making some big mistake. We're on the wrong road. And if that is so we must go back. Going back is the quickest way on.” ---C. S. Lewis

2. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

End Times (30th December 2018)