Thread: Jehova's Witnesses

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Jehova's Witnesses

Over the years I have had many Witnesses come to my door. They are irritating to say the least. I usually send them off immediately. Well, it happens that a sister-in-law is a Jehova's witness. She usually does not harp on it, but she can be irritatingly smug and overbearing in her beliefs. I suppose this is a universal trait of most religious people. I am not religious, though I have faith in God. I believe that religion is belief 'about' God and has very little to do with belief 'in' God. There is a difference between faith and belief.

Anyway, her husband whom I have always thought quite intelligent and reasonable has always professed an atheistic leaning. Not any more. He has gone full-on Jehova's Witness. He even goes out knocking on doors now. He was here the other night and started discussing the Jews. He knew nothing. I set him straight and it caused a lot of friction. He left very quickly after that.

They seem to have a slightly different attitude toward Christ and this I think means that although they follow the Bible, they are not Christians. From quick research I find this: "
    Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that when Jesus was born on earth, he was a mere human and not God in human flesh.""

I have heard that the Nazis interred them but I am not sure why.

Does anyone here have much knowledge of the Witnesses? I am curious to know your interpretation of them.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

2. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

End Times (30th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 783 Posts

Re: Jehova's Witnesses

Like the Mormons, the Jehovah's Witnesses are a product of Freemasonry. Their founder's grave has a pyramid memorial:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charle..._Russell#Death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charle...onic_symbolism

He denied being a Mason, but the Masonic practices speak for themselves.

The JWs originally used the King James Bible, but it was "incompatible" with some of their heresies, so they produced the "New World Translation" to accommodate their dogma. I finally got them to stop coming to our home by posting a sign stating missionaries who do not use the King James Bible are not welcome.

That said, they get a lot of things right. Including refusal to worship cloth idols (flags), refusal to participate in bankster wars, that this world is run by Satanists answering directly to Satan, and recognition that "LORD" is not God's Name (though they still get His Name wrong, "Jehovah" being the Anglicized corruption).

If you want to get rid of them for good, or at least dissuade them from trying to convert you, when they offer you their "Watchtower" propaganda, reciprocate the "generosity" and offer them "unauthorized" Christian material...they are prohibited from taking it. Then be all "offended" by their disrespect, LOL. My wife used to do that with copies of the Book of Mormon.

If you want more opportunities to strike up intelligent conversation, however, you can tackle their primary focus: why God's actual Name, Yahweh, was scrubbed from Christianity. They might take interest. Yahweh was removed from most verses of the Bible due to the Jewish Talmudic superstition that we must never "utter the name," despite the Bible's clear command to "proclaim the Name of Yahweh." "LORD" was used in place of God's Name in accordance with the Talmud...in which the Jews used the Hebrew word for LORD, Adonai, along with the latter's vowel points, to fill in for YHWH/YHVH. You can then point out "the Jews'" role in this fallen world, citing John 8 (especially verse 44), I John 2:22-23, and Revelation 2:9 and 3:9. Their NWT version still has those verses.

Good luck and/or have fun!
    There is but one anchor to attach yourself to, as this world falls apart heading into the End Times. That anchor is the immovable God Almighty, through His Son Jesus Christ.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to End Times For This Useful Post:

madfranks (31st December 2018),woodman (30th December 2018)

Thanks

Oh, and the Germans put JWs in concentration camps as they were considered subversive for refusing military service in the Wehrmacht and were, in general, "anti-social" toward the Volksgemeinschaft (Volk Community). I think this was excessively harsh, since the JWs were only obnoxious, not an actual threat. Putting them in Dachau, etc. was due to ignorance of who they were and what they actually stand for.
    There is but one anchor to attach yourself to, as this world falls apart heading into the End Times. That anchor is the immovable God Almighty, through His Son Jesus Christ.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Thanks for the insight Fred. I did see my SIL today and she was polite but I noticed a general coolness among her immediate family, so I guess I ruffled some feathers. I really don't know what to make of them. They claim only 144,000 souls will go to heaven and the other faithful will spend eternity on earth. Pretty strange people. They practice shunning also. So do the Amish around here.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

7. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

End Times (31st December 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Thanks for the insight Fred. I did see my SIL today and she was polite but I noticed a general coolness among her immediate family, so I guess I ruffled some feathers. I really don't know what to make of them. They claim only 144,000 souls will go to heaven and the other faithful will spend eternity on earth. Pretty strange people. They practice shunning also. So do the Amish around here.
    Your SIL and her family are in fear of that shunning, so they will necessarily be cold towards you considering you are perceived as "anti-Witness."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to End Times For This Useful Post:

woodman (31st December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

I finally got them to stop coming to our home by posting a sign stating missionaries who do not use the King James Bible are not welcome
    And those who do may also be subject to scrutiny?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by End Times View Post
    The JWs originally used the King James Bible, but it was "incompatible" with some of their heresies, so they produced the "New World Translation" to accommodate their dogma. I finally got them to stop coming to our home by posting a sign stating missionaries who do not use the King James Bible are not welcome.
    Yes, and one of their biggest "reinterpretations" is adding the word "a" to John 1:1.

Quote Originally Posted by New World Translation John 1:1
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.
    Notice that Jesus is "a god" complete with little g.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Camp Bassfish (31st December 2018),End Times (31st December 2018),midnight rambler (31st December 2018),woodman (31st December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    And those who do may also be subject to scrutiny?
    It is literally like trying to squeeze a third Reich panzer division through the eye of a needle...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation