Thread: Jehova's Witnesses

Threaded View

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,838 Times in 2,268 Posts

Jehova's Witnesses

Over the years I have had many Witnesses come to my door. They are irritating to say the least. I usually send them off immediately. Well, it happens that a sister-in-law is a Jehova's witness. She usually does not harp on it, but she can be irritatingly smug and overbearing in her beliefs. I suppose this is a universal trait of most religious people. I am not religious, though I have faith in God. I believe that religion is belief 'about' God and has very little to do with belief 'in' God. There is a difference between faith and belief.

Anyway, her husband whom I have always thought quite intelligent and reasonable has always professed an atheistic leaning. Not any more. He has gone full-on Jehova's Witness. He even goes out knocking on doors now. He was here the other night and started discussing the Jews. He knew nothing. I set him straight and it caused a lot of friction. He left very quickly after that.

They seem to have a slightly different attitude toward Christ and this I think means that although they follow the Bible, they are not Christians. From quick research I find this: "
    Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that when Jesus was born on earth, he was a mere human and not God in human flesh.""

I have heard that the Nazis interred them but I am not sure why.

Does anyone here have much knowledge of the Witnesses? I am curious to know your interpretation of them.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

2. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

End Times (30th December 2018)