Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inescapable debt for 20% of millennials

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Inescapable debt for 20% of millennials

They will pass from this world as permanently in debt, never to be debt free. (((They))) have done a superb job of getting everyone into debt to (((them))).

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/1-in...ng-it-off.html
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (9th January 2019),End Times (9th January 2019)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Re: Inescapable debt for 20% of millennials

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    They will pass from this world as permanently in debt, never to be debt free. (((They))) have done a superb job of getting everyone into debt to (((them))).

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/1-in...ng-it-off.html
    You know, for all the generations...I think millenials got the short end of the stick. It's really either sink or swim with them. They were raised and sold a bunch of lies, and fed by the media their whole lives.

I will say this. Millenials can surprise you. Some of them are the toughest hardest working fuckers you will meet. The others, the most worthless.
    life is good.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

Ares (14th January 2019),BrewTech (9th January 2019),End Times (9th January 2019),madfranks (14th January 2019),midnight rambler (9th January 2019)

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts

The contemporary debt system is designed to be inescapable. Taxes to pay interest on unpayable government debt erase any extra earnings that could be used to pay off personal debt.

When the money is privately owned and can only be acquired by borrowing (at interest)... well, there you go.
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrewTech For This Useful Post:

End Times (9th January 2019),midnight rambler (9th January 2019),woodman (14th January 2019)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTech View Post
    The contemporary debt system is designed to be inescapable. Taxes to pay interest on unpayable government debt erase any extra earnings that could be used to pay off personal debt.
    Two words: student loans. Bankruptcies don't discharge student loans, student loan debt follows 'em to the grave, 100%.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

8. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

madfranks (14th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

from the OP article... picture is worse

-------
    Just over 60 percent of millennials (classified here as those aged 18-37) with debt don’t know when, or if, they’ll ever be able to pay off what they owe, according to a new CreditCards.com report. That includes roughly 42 percent of millennials who don’t know when they’ll be able to wipe out their debt, and almost 20 percent of those who expect to die in debt.
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to singular_me For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (9th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Two words: student loans. Bankruptcies don't discharge student loans, student loan debt follows 'em to the grave, 100%.
    Well they can thank Bubba Clinton for that little wrinkle. Yet the majority of these snowflakes vote Democrat and support Hillary; so, they're thanking the proverbial butt fuckers for their screwing.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (9th January 2019),End Times (9th January 2019),latemetal1 (19th January 2019),midnight rambler (9th January 2019),woodman (14th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 783 Posts

Being in debt to machines (banks) is merely a matter of business. As such, strategic default (defaulting because the debt is odious or otherwise immoral, though still payable) or outright bankruptcy are nothing but "business decisions." There IS NO moral dilemma in either strategic default or bankrupting on debt to machines. Anyone who says otherwise is your enemy.

Conversely, however, if you owe a real human being $20, you should pay him. This is a matter of morality.

Yes, student loans are almost never dischargeable in Chapter 7, but there are "options" even for that. The smart man or woman will figure it out. Most student loans are issued on fraud, with the the knowledge of both lender and channel (the "school") that the borrower is being cheated. Any "loan" above 10% simple interest is immoral, and therefore the borrower has zero culpability if they simply choose not to repay it. And as we here at GSUS know, nearly all "money" is fraudulent, too, generated via sorcery from nothing - hence, the lending machine doesn't actually "loan" shit.
    There is but one anchor to attach yourself to, as this world falls apart heading into the End Times. That anchor is the immovable God Almighty, through His Son Jesus Christ.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to End Times For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (9th January 2019),midnight rambler (9th January 2019),woodman (10th January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Well they can thank Bubba Clinton for that little wrinkle. Yet the majority of these snowflakes vote Democrat and support Hillary; so, they're thanking the proverbial butt fuckers for their screwing.
    It actually began under Ford, in 1976. Prior, "educational" loans were dischargeable. Biden's pet bill in 2005 made it even worse, for all debt.
    There is but one anchor to attach yourself to, as this world falls apart heading into the End Times. That anchor is the immovable God Almighty, through His Son Jesus Christ.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

Millennials with debt owe an average of $36,000—and paying it down isn’t their top priority
    Nov 15 2018
    Millennials who carry debt owe an average of $36,000 each and spend around 34 percent of their monthly income paying it off, new data from Northwestern Mutual’s 2018 Planning & Progress Study finds.

That’s similar to the amount of debt older generations have, according to the survey. Baby boomers with debt hold an average of $39,000 and comparable Gen-Xers have an average of $36,000.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/14/mill...-of-36000.html
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

While the concept of loaning someone money so they can pursue higher education isn't wrong, the contemporary student loan industry is nothing short of evil. I'm more than 10 years out of grad school, consider myself highly successful (easily more successful than 90-95% of my peers), and owe MORE today than the day I got out of school. Some tough times when the economy collapsed in '07-08, coincidentally right after I got my masters, left me with no other option than to defer my loans due to hardships, but the interest and fees stacked ridiculously high during those months (not even one year, just months), so much so that today having made consistent payments for ~9 years, I still owe more than when I started. I've got a plan to pay them off, which should happen in the next couple years, but honestly these loans are extremely predatory.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell