Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The universe may be conscious, say prominent scientists

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

The universe may be conscious, say prominent scientists

there is also an awakening among scientists... it is consciousness that produces matter. Materialism is literally on its death bed now. Finally

time to master the 7 Principles
    =========================

The universe may be conscious, say prominent scientists
    A proto-consciousness field theory could replace the theory of dark matter, one physicist states.
    25 June, 2017

What consciousness is and where it emanates from has stymied great minds in societies across the globe since the dawn of speculation. In today’s world, it’s a realm tackled more and more by physicists, cognitive scientists, and neuroscientists. There are a few prevailing theories. The first is materialism. This is the notion that consciousness emanates from matter, in our case, by the firing of neurons inside the brain.
    A handful of scientists are starting to warm to this theory, but it’s still a matter of great debate. Truth be told, panpsychism sounds very much like what the Hindus and Buddhists call the Brahman, the tremendous universal Godhead of which we are all a part. In Buddhism for instance, consciousness is the only thing that exists.

Dr. Penrose doesn’t go so far as to call himself a panpsychist. In his view, “The laws of physics produce complex systems, and these complex systems lead to consciousness, which then produces mathematics, which can then encode in a succinct and inspiring way the very underlying laws of physics that gave rise to it.”

https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/th...ientists-state
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to singular_me For This Useful Post:

Ares (22nd January 2019)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Re: The universe may be conscious, say prominent scientists

‘May be’?? They’re just now beginning to realize this?
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

4. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

singular_me (22nd January 2019)

Thanks

death of atheism is on the horizon and will confront AI at some point... we do live interesting times
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to singular_me For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (22nd January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

I've often speculated that the universe is conscious and that we (human beings) are a physical manifestation created by the creator to experience it's splendor.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks

me too... we exist to witness God, without us/any other beings with same cognitive qualities, God would not exist. The mirror goes both ways. The law of correspondence and mentalism

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I've often speculated that the universe is conscious and that we (human beings) are a physical manifestation created by the creator to experience it's splendor.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 783 Posts

"The Universe" is NOT conscious. The Universe is composed of matter & energy created by Consciousness.

That Consciousness is Yahweh God Almighty.

Anything to avoid giving Him credit. So, they say "the Universe" instead.

These "experts" are decades late, BTW:

"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."

-- Max Planck, “Das Wesen der Materie” (The Nature of Matter), speech at Florence, Italy, 1944 (from Archiv zur Geschichte der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Abt. Va, Rep. 11 Planck, Nr. 1797)

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."

-- Max Planck, The Observer, January 25th, 1931
    There is but one anchor to attach yourself to, as this world falls apart heading into the End Times. That anchor is the immovable God Almighty, through His Son Jesus Christ.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to End Times For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (22nd January 2019),Neuro (23rd January 2019),Stop Making Cents (22nd January 2019),Tumbleweed (22nd January 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by singular_me View Post
    we exist to witness God, without us/any other beings with same cognitive qualities, God would not exist. The mirror goes both ways. The law of correspondence and mentalism
    God exists whether we do or not. Your declaration here is just autotheism (materialistic "atheism")...man as center of existence...even "creating" god.

Man placing himself at such a phenomenal level can definitely be called "mentalism."
    There is but one anchor to attach yourself to, as this world falls apart heading into the End Times. That anchor is the immovable God Almighty, through His Son Jesus Christ.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to End Times For This Useful Post:

Neuro (22nd January 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by singular_me View Post
    death of atheism is on the horizon and will confront AI at some point... we do live interesting times
    No, this declaration is just another form of "science-based" materialism.

They refuse to say "God" the Almighty, and say "Universe" instead.

What they are proclaiming is a counterfeit of the Authentic.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

And just last week I saw an article that proclaimed consciousness does not truly exist...

The only thing I can add is that the topic makes me sleepy.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    And just last week I saw an article that proclaimed consciousness does not truly exist...
    Makes it hard to believe you actually read that. I mean did the article just come together by chance? Just because a theory is stupid doesn’t mean there isn’t a conscious being behind it...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation