Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the young doomed?

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Are the young doomed?

While perusing some classified ads earlier today I noticed someone offering a 20+ y.o. Chevy truck for sale with rebuilt motor and transmission, essentially a work truck or starter automobile for someone. The seller posted this in the ad: "This was supposed to be my son's truck but he can't get it together"

This problem appears to be epidemic. A friend I've known for 35 years has a son who is now 27. This kid spent time in the Army so you'd think he'd have *some* self-disciple, but noooooo. He cannot hold a job, he's had more than one automobile repossessed, and he lives at home (and does NOT pay rent or household expenses, or help with any household chores). My friend is a standup guy and has always administered appropriate discipline on his kids, so I'd think this kid would have turned out better. I ask my friend, "Why don't you show him some tough love and kick him out?" My friend's response: "He'd be living in his car (or on the street)."

I know of contractors in trades who are downsizing because they cannot find good help or even anyone who wants to work. I really don't know what to make of this situation, except to note that these youngsters *are the future*, whatever that means. lol

I suppose we're all doomed.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

cheka. (24th January 2019),End Times (23rd January 2019),Jewboo (26th January 2019),latemetal1 (26th January 2019),Spun Gold (4th February 2019)

Thanks

Re: Are the young doomed?

I was talking to someone the other day and he advised me how a friend of his has a 16 y.o. son who has zero interest in getting a car and DRIVER LICENSE, he'd rather hang out at home playing video games than chasing girls. Then this fellow and I started talking about all that we were interested in at that age was getting out of the house and chasing girls amongst doing other things with our buddies - but definitely NOT hanging around the house.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

cheka. (24th January 2019),Spun Gold (4th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 783 Posts

LOTS of people will simply die when the System comes crashing down. Not with a bang, but a whimper...
    There is but one anchor to attach yourself to, as this world falls apart heading into the End Times. That anchor is the immovable God Almighty, through His Son Jesus Christ.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to End Times For This Useful Post:

Spun Gold (4th February 2019)

Thanks

I'm thinking it's precisely what Yuri Bezmenov described - demoralization. These youngsters have been completely demoralized - of course that's a process that's affected all of us at least to some degree, however these youngsters got the full immersion from birth.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

cheka. (24th January 2019),End Times (23rd January 2019),Jewboo (26th January 2019),Spun Gold (4th February 2019),vacuum (24th January 2019)

Thanks

I think Jordan Peterson talks about this. Young men have no purpose today. And they've been totally demoralized. You really can't blame them. Look at the education system and media they've been subjected to their whole lives. Even religious upbringing has largely been taken away from them. Life is just meaningless and even the pursuit of pleasure is meaningless.
    http://www.dailystormer.com

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stop Making Cents For This Useful Post:

cheka. (24th January 2019),madfranks (24th January 2019),mamboni (23rd January 2019),midnight rambler (23rd January 2019),Spun Gold (4th February 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    I'm thinking it's precisely what Yuri Bezmenov described - demoralization. These youngsters have been completely demoralized - of course that's a process that's affected all of us at least to some degree, however these youngsters got the full immersion from birth.
    Bolshevism was "defeated," don't you know?

Trouble is, the Bolshevists who have brought about this situation are not Russians. McCarthy was right.
    There is but one anchor to attach yourself to, as this world falls apart heading into the End Times. That anchor is the immovable God Almighty, through His Son Jesus Christ.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to End Times For This Useful Post:

cheka. (24th January 2019),midnight rambler (23rd January 2019),Spun Gold (4th February 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Making Cents View Post
    Jordan Peterson
    You would do yourself a huge favor if you immediately begin to forget Peterson even exists.

Among the worst of the con men peddled to the Goyim in our generation.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to End Times For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (23rd January 2019),osoab (24th January 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by End Times View Post
    You would do yourself a huge favor if you immediately begin to forget Peterson even exists.

Please elaborate.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by End Times View Post

Peterson has been totally exposed on 4chan. They now call him Peterstein because of videos like the above.

On thread topic...Shami is our resident expert on the Young.
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

cheka. (24th January 2019),End Times (23rd January 2019),midnight rambler (23rd January 2019),osoab (24th January 2019)

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    I was talking to someone the other day and he advised me how a friend of his has a 16 y.o. son who has zero interest in getting a car and DRIVER LICENSE, he'd rather hang out at home playing video games than chasing girls. Then this fellow and I started talking about all that we were interested in at that age was getting out of the house and chasing girls amongst doing other things with our buddies - but definitely NOT hanging around the house.
    I live with a similar kid (not mine) except that he's 15. I'm pretty sure that's not going to change in a year. Spends all his time while not in school online gaming or watching TV. Cute girls his age from the neighborhood have come over and he basically ignores them.

Oh yeah, he sleeps in his mom's room, for whatever reason.
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrewTech For This Useful Post:

cheka. (24th January 2019),midnight rambler (23rd January 2019),vacuum (24th January 2019)