Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female 'firefighter' can't break down door

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Female 'firefighter' can't break down door

If you and your family burn to a crisp while little miss firefighter can't get through your door, you can still die with a smile on your face because you stood up to the patriarchy and let women be equals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb_WYGtZ7K4
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (29th January 2019),cheka. (29th January 2019),Down1 (29th January 2019),Jewboo (29th January 2019),monty (29th January 2019),StreetsOfGold (30th January 2019)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

Re: Female 'firefighter' can't break down door

not only phyz tests - i just read an article from same region about the written test results too. white males must score higher to 'pass' than their women and vibrant competitors

affirmative action gets people killed -- cops, fire, doctors, nurses, etc. will merit ever return?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheka. View Post
    not only phyz tests - i just read an article from same region about the written test results too. white males must score higher to 'pass' than their women and vibrant competitors

affirmative action gets people killed -- cops, fire, doctors, nurses, etc. will merit ever return?
    In Shitcago, the merit pics are the incompetent, the suck asses, the exam cheaters, the spouses of the top brass.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    In Shitcago, the merit pics are the incompetent, the suck asses, the exam cheaters, the spouses of the top brass.
    sounds like the opposite of merit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheka. View Post
    sounds like the opposite of merit
    It's Shitcago.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

It looked like she wasn't even trying. Staged event?
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    It looked like she wasn't even trying. Staged event?
    I'm sure she'll try harder when she's trying to get into your locked door to save you when your house is burning.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    I'm sure she'll try harder when she's trying to get into your locked door to save you when your house is burning.
    If any of our houses burn, they will evacuate the neighborhood and listen to the pops a long ways away.
    H.L. Mencken

H. L. Mencken

Thanks

So I just watched the video.

I don't understand the "exercise". Why run full speed into a "door"? In a real situation no one would. They are not in full gear. No axes in hand. Are doors in the UK weighted? Why not smash the door lock with the axe and swing the door?

Then you add in the Hollywood movie clip.

The whole video was a bunch of BS.

I did like this article.

Woman who failed frontline infantry fitness test was given a 'pass' by the Army until furious male soldiers who HAD completed course staged rebellion

A female soldier was allowed to continue on an Army selection course even though she failed a vital fitness test – triggering a rebellion among male troops who had passed.

Corporal Daisy Dougherty was hoping to become one of the Army’s first female infantry instructors following the landmark decision last year to let women join combat units and Special Forces.

The first stage in the selection process required her to prove her fitness by completing an eight-mile march in under two hours over arduous terrain while carrying a heavy pack and a rifle.

Despite being a qualified personal fitness trainer and a member of the Army’s athletics squad, the 29-year-old took too long to finish the challenge. Under course rules, she should have been immediately ejected and sent back to her unit.

But Cpl Dougherty – the only woman on the course – and 14 others who also failed were told they could carry on, sparking a furious backlash among the 75 soldiers who passed the test.

The soldiers rounded on commanders at the Infantry Battle School in Brecon, Mid-Wales, accusing them of lowering standards to suit women. When top brass refused to back down, troops contacted The Mail on Sunday to expose what they claimed was ‘positive discrimination’.

Fearing a public backlash if they allowed her result to stand, commanders backed down and asked Cpl Dougherty and the other soldiers who failed the march to leave.

Last night, a soldier on the course said: ‘The blokes were livid because it is written in black and white in the course handbook that if you fail the march, you’re pulled off the PSBC [Platoon Sergeants’ Battle Course] immediately. There is no review.

‘Commanders wanted to get Cpl Dougherty through the course, almost at any cost, even if she wasn’t fit enough and even if that meant leniency being shown to weaker male soldiers who also failed the march. We couldn’t believe they were still on the base and attending classes. It took a revolt among the troops and some people going to the Press to get this stopped.’
    rest at link
    H.L. Mencken

H. L. Mencken

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Hitch (29th January 2019),madfranks (30th January 2019)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    So I just watched the video.

I don't understand the "exercise". Why run full speed into a "door"? In a real situation no one would. They are not in full gear. No axes in hand. Are doors in the UK weighted? Why not smash the door lock with the axe and swing the door?

Then you add in the Hollywood movie clip.

The whole video was a bunch of BS.
    Well said, Osoab. That video was BS. Anyone who tries to break down a door that way, in real life, is likely to get injured. There's tools, that both men and women, can use. A fire ax, or a halligan bar ideally.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halligan_bar

My go to tool off the engine on a call, was the halligan.

I'm all up for pro men anti-feminist points, but this thread is ridiculous.
    life is good.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

osoab (30th January 2019)