Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ephesians 5:22

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Ephesians 5:22

Ephesians 5:22

Recently re-visited the whole "Christian Wife" thingie and at the end of the day this verse is ground zero of the ongoing Gender War. No church these days preaches a simple meaning of this verse. All the churches are now preaching "equal partner" exceptions to this rule. YOUTUBE has at least a hundred videos all preaching equality...

Women Want the Word ‘Obey’ Dropped From Wedding Vows

Women will obey whomsoever they please — if they choose to obey anyone at all — and if that happens to be their husband, so be it. But they aren’t making any promises, which is why many women would like the word “obey” to be dropped from traditional wedding vows, according to the results of a new survey conducted by YouGov.

Respondents are referring to the part of the Christian marriage service where the woman promises “to love, cherish, and obey.” FYI, the man promises to “love, cherish, and worship.” Talk about dated.
    A thousand U.S. citizens over the age of 18 answered questions about wedding traditions, and according to YouGov, 49 percent of the participants want the promise of obedience to be dropped, while 33 percent feel it should be preserved, and 17 percent are not sure. Not surprisingly, 61 percent of female participants would like it to be removed, while only 24 percent want it preserved (15 percent are unsure).

“The marriage vows have evolved from man and wife to husband and wife. That’s a reflection of an evolution in the roles of marriage,” says Jane Greer, a New York-based marriage and sex therapist and author of What About Me? Stop Selfishness From Ruining Your Relationship.

“‘Obey’ denotes meeting the demands and expectations of the other person in a more subservient way. Women are no longer simply the caretakers or servants to the men in their marriages: It’s now much more about mutuality, where both partners offer support in finances, caregiving, etc.,” Dr. Greer said.

She added that the high percentage of men wanting to keep the word “obey” (43 percent, as opposed to 37 percent who want it removed) is understandable, given that it props them up and gives them a position of power, control, and authority in the relationship. “Therefore, their reluctance to relinquish that is tied into not wanting to give all of that up.”

However, couples would benefit from dropping the obedience nonsense. “If the word was dropped, couples would probably go into the relationship with more realistic expectations of their roles in the marriage. They would begin thinking about how they can be supportive [of] each other in a balanced way.”

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (1st February 2019),Neuro (2nd February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Re: Ephesians 5:22

Still 24% of women would like to keep “obey” in their wedding vows. It is actually more than I thought.
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (2nd February 2019)

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

1 Corinthians 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StreetsOfGold For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (2nd February 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Still 24% of women would like to keep “obey” in their wedding vows. It is actually more than I thought.

Maybe happily-married Brother Madfranks will tell us how this Ephesians 5:22 thingie works in the real world.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

They have to believe in God for the verse to have true meaning. How many young women (and men) put God first in their lives?
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (6th February 2019),monty (7th February 2019),Tumbleweed (7th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    However, couples would benefit from dropping the obedience nonsense.
    Yes, because it's really healthy for kids to watch mom and dad openly fight, with mom openly defying dad. Yeah, how great.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (6th February 2019),midnight rambler (6th February 2019),monty (7th February 2019),Neuro (6th February 2019),Tumbleweed (2nd May 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Yes, because it's really healthy for kids to watch mom and dad openly fight, with mom openly defying dad. Yeah, how great.
    A neighbor sincerely-reborn twice-divorced Christian woman with two grown children got me thinking about all this "Domestic Violence" and "Equality" stuff and after much research (for a non-believer heathen) I've settled on Ephesians 5:22 as the conversation vetting test. Plenty of Youtube videos on Ephesians 5:22 and they all fudge and squirm and make various exceptions to the word "submit".

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

madfranks (6th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    I think it ties in with the constant showing of dads as morons in tv-series and movies the last 3 decades or so. How could a girl have the notion that this is the character she should obey after getting married? And obviously if a man isn’t like that he is portrayed as a misogynist tyrant deserving to be jailed. No middle ground...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Hitch (7th February 2019),Jewboo (6th February 2019),madfranks (7th February 2019),midnight rambler (6th February 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    I think it ties in with the constant showing of dads as morons in tv-series and movies the last 3 decades or so. How could a girl have the notion that this is the character she should obey after getting married? And obviously if a man isn’t like that he is portrayed as a misogynist tyrant deserving to be jailed. No middle ground...

Church attendance is supposed to counteract jew teevee influence.

Are we kidding ourselves thinking an American girl can follow the Bible (and her parents) and stuff like Ephesians 5:22 in 2019 ?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Neuro (7th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

Adam asks God, "Lord why did you make Eve so beautiful?"

And God said, "So that you would like her."

Then Adam asks, "Yes Lord, but why did you make her so stupid?"

And God said, "So that she would like you."
    We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Hitch (8th February 2019),midnight rambler (8th February 2019)