Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thermal video

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Re: Thermal video

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    This is part of a story where a man was hunted by a couple of wolves.

This is a must-watch really awesome movie.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

This is a must-watch really awesome movie.

I tried to watch it on this link at youtube but got the message they want me to sign in so I guess I can't watch it for free. Looks good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9EKG4-JHSw
    We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

Thanks

My Great grandad and his brother used to hunt wolves with horses and hounds. When they'd find a wolf den they'd send my great aunt who was a small young girl down into the wolf den to bring out the pups. They would give her a revolver to take in with her. She said one time the old mother wolf was in there and when she shot it in that small close space it wrecked her hearing. I was around her some when I was a kid and she liked to tell stories and drink whiskey.
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Hitch (11th March 2019),hoarder (10th March 2019),Jewboo (10th March 2019),monty (10th March 2019),osoab (10th March 2019),woodman (10th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,633 Times in 3,208 Posts

I tried to watch it on this link at youtube but got the message they want me to sign in so I guess I can't watch it for free. Looks good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9EKG4-JHSw
    You will have to watch it in Book's post. It is the easiest way around the sign in baloney.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

6. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (10th March 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    You will have to watch it in Book's post. It is the easiest way around the sign in baloney.
    Just the trailer showed up in Books post too.
    Birth till Death

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

monty (10th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Just the trailer showed up in Books post too.
    Yeah...just the trailer. Worth streaming or renting.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (10th March 2019)

Thanks

I need one of these on the .22 I shoot mice in the house at night with. I've been using a 22 magnum revolver with bird shot and a light lately. My cat catches them but she won't kill them. She just plays with them until she lays them down and waits to pounce on them. When she does that I switch on the light on my cap and shoot them. That scares the hell out of her.

My cat had another scare yesterday morning. She likes to sit in the window in my living room and look out. It's a large double paned picture window. Over the last couple of years bobcats have eliminated about 20 of my barn cats and all of their kittens. I've got three old barn cats they haven't gotten yet.

I heard a bang on the picture window and my cat was hauling ass, knocking shit over getting the hell out of there. She went around a couple of corners then hid behind my dryer and washing machine. I followed her and saw a bobcat on my door step looking in and he probably was hearing the commotion she'd made. The bang on the window I heard was probably the bobcat hitting the window trying to get her. My AR 15 was sitting there with one in the chamber so I stepped out side with it but I couldn't get a clear shot at him because of vehicles, machinery and buildings in the way.

I've been seeing bobcats around lately and I'm going to have to try and eliminate some of them. I need my barn cats to control mice in buildings and other places they cause problems.
    Birth till Death

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

hoarder (19th March 2019),midnight rambler (19th March 2019),monty (19th March 2019),woodman (19th March 2019)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

I need my barn cats to control mice in buildings and other places they cause problems.
    A good bull snake would do too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziero0 View Post
    A good bull snake would do too.
    I've got plenty of bull snakes but cats work better in buildings and around the house. My cats will kill snakes too.

The cat in this video below didn't haul ass out of there like mine did.

Birth till Death

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

hoarder (19th March 2019)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

My cat had another scare yesterday morning. She likes to sit in the window in my living room and look out. It's a large double paned picture window. Over the last couple of years bobcats have eliminated about 20 of my barn cats and all of their kittens. I've got three old barn cats they haven't gotten yet.

I heard a bang on the picture window and my cat was hauling ass, knocking shit over getting the hell out of there. She went around a couple of corners then hid behind my dryer and washing machine. I followed her and saw a bobcat on my door step looking in and he probably was hearing the commotion she'd made. The bang on the window I heard was probably the bobcat hitting the window trying to get her. My AR 15 was sitting there with one in the chamber so I stepped out side with it but I couldn't get a clear shot at him because of vehicles, machinery and buildings in the way.

I've been seeing bobcats around lately and I'm going to have to try and eliminate some of them. I need my barn cats to control mice in buildings and other places they cause problems.

I have a slew of barn cats. They were originally for keeping the rodents down and they did that well. My wife kept feeding them and the grandkids would tame some. They would multiply and I would have to cull some back every two years or so. It was depressing but what are you going to do when you have 30 barn cats and more keep coming? They ended up turning into two separate types of cats. One type stuck to the barn and was quite feral. The others became porchcats and were doted upon by the granddaughters. Some of the porch cats were really cool pets and I became attached to them. I finally got tired of all my tools and machines getting pissed on and smelling like cat spray every time I would load them up to use them on jobs and I took all the cats in to have them 'fixed'. Fixed is a funny term because they were not broken.

Funny as hell, I brought a few cagesin to the vet and the young ladies there took custody of them. I returned to get the cats a couple days later after the 'fixing'. The girls were all scratched up. I asked if it was from my cats and they said yes. They claimed they were 'fractious'. I never heard that term used before but I was rather amused. Those fucking barn cats are wild as hell. I spent a lot of money on getting those cats fixed and in a way I am a fool to have done it but I reaped a lot of admiration from the wife and granddaughters for doing it. I guess I am an old softy now. Making pets out of barn cats; sickening!

Well a couple years back I was walking done our road with my wife and we saw a large bobcat. We both said it was pretty cool. It was not cool. That bastard dug under the chicken fence and killed at least 30 chickens. Most of them just for the fun of it. I could tell it was a bobcat from the prints in the snow. I keep my chickens locked in the coop at night now and if I see that bobcat I am going to 'fix' him.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (19th March 2019),Tumbleweed (20th March 2019)