Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sir, it's obvious you've had too much to think

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Sir, it's obvious you've had too much to think

"A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

mamboni (21st March 2019),old steel (21st March 2019),osoab (21st March 2019),Tumbleweed (21st March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Re: Sir, it's obvious you've had too much to think

WTF - this is the job of the Police? They have manpower for this BS while cities are crumbling and homeless are looting and shitting in the streets. The (((political class))) and their [[[minions]]] are corrupt to the core. Time for a revolution.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (21st March 2019),Tumbleweed (21st March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

He spoke too much.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

6. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Hitch (21st March 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    He spoke too much.
    Yep. Don't worry -- it's coming here soon enough. the UK is only the testing ground.
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steyr_m For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (21st March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,726 Times in 1,502 Posts

I don't see any sidearms on those cops.

Unarmed police over there?

On wait, the Brits have been unarmed for a long time now, nm.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steyr_m View Post
    Yep. Don't worry -- it's coming here soon enough. the UK is only the testing ground.
    It would be tough to pull off. TPTB can't rid us of all of that has already been acquired.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

He spoke too much.
    I agree. He should have let the cops talk, and listened.

The cops said he wasn't in any trouble, and to be 'mindful' of what he posts online. But what does that actually mean? If he had listened to the cops, they could have really given him (and us) some great info on what we have to deal with, in regards to free speech and our rights.

Sometimes it is good to just stay silent, and listen and observe.
    life is good.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    I agree. He should have let the cops talk, and listened.

The cops said he wasn't in any trouble, and to be 'mindful' of what he posts online. But what does that actually mean? If he had listened to the cops, they could have really given him (and us) some great info on what we have to deal with, in regards to free speech and our rights.

Sometimes it is good to just stay silent, and listen and observe.
    These cops are acting just like mobsters: subtle intimidation and double talk. This is a skit right out of the Sopranos, sans garlic and guns. The authorities are a disgrace - bunch of self-serving thugs and blue-pill morons.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (21st March 2019),monty (21st March 2019),Tumbleweed (21st March 2019)

Thanks

It would be tough to pull off. TPTB can't rid us of all of that has already been acquired.
    I hope so. But it is the testing ground -- look at all the CCTV's they had there since the 80's. While I do appreciate their help in solving crime, I really don't like being filmed all the time. Reminds me of the The Police tune: Every move you make, every step you take.......
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    These cops are acting just like mobsters: subtle intimidation and double talk. This is a skit right out of the Sopranos, sans garlic and guns. The authorities are a disgrace - bunch of self-serving thugs and blue-pill morons.
    I agree. I just think we'd all learn more, if we'd just step back and listen.
    life is good.