Thread: Flooding in Nebraska; governor says million cattle lost.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

Flooding in Nebraska; governor says million cattle lost.

Seems like a whole lot of hype to me. Can't see that it will be as bad as indicated.

From Jim Stone:

AGRICULTURAL APOCALYPSE that will have severe, long term repercussions

STOCK UP ON BEEF NOW, IT IS TIME TO CLEAN THE FREEZER AND FILL IT.

Governor Ricketts of Nebraska has stated that over a million calves are dead in his state due to massive and unprecedented flooding that drowned the herds.

Obviously more than calves were lost, a lot of adult cows were lost also, along with other livestock and the fastest possible recovery from this will be 4 years. It is too early to know if the growing season is canceled but it appears it may be, growing can be recovered in one season if the timing is right, the loss of cows is what is bad with all of this so far.

I was paying attention to this but waited until it was a real confirmed disaster. The dam break in Nebraska was a low dam that only caused an initial 11 foot wall of water, which quickly dropped to 7 feet but it moved quickly and destroyed a lot. Despite the fact that it was surprisingly destructive, that alone was not enough to worry about.

The dam break is not the big part of the story, instead, there are numerous levees breaking simply because there is so much water runoff that they are being over-topped. It is not negligence causing the levee failures as much as it is more water than anyone ever imagined would happen.

There is so much water that much of Nebraska looks like an inland sea. All the cattle in these types of areas are dead.
    Let me give an example of what is going to happen to food prices:

Cash for Clunkers only destroyed 2 million prime used vehicles, and the market never recovered. Used cars are STILL far more expensive than they used to be 10 years ago. That was only about 5 percent of the used car market erased to cause such an enormous increase in price.
    It is estimated that some crops such as corn, wheat, and soybean will not be planted at all, and that livestock got 40 percent wiped out.
    Food prices are going to be catastrophic and the FIRST PEOPLE FED are those who are already receiving Trump's meal boxes.

Meat prices will probably at least triple or quadruple because of this, and grain prices are likely to at least double (they won't be hit as bad) because grains can be imported easily, IF there is a supply of them that others are willing to sell to the U.S.

Another factor in all of this is going to be soulless profiteering by corrupted CEO's of major food distributors. They are going to see this as an opportunity to make astronomical profits.

40 percent agricultural loss is HORRENDOUS, YOU HAD DAMN WELL BETTER STOCK UP, THIS IS NOT A PREDICTION, IT HAPPENED.

Due to the fact that nothing that got wiped out would have been on shelves today, the disaster is not immediately impacting markets. However, Your chance will definitely have run out by the end of 90 days from now. DOOM ON THE HORIZON.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

Re: Flooding in Nebraska; governor says million cattle lost.

Breif Venezuela update:

Maduro is only having limited success protecting Venezuela's grid, and there have been many successful attacks lately, which began after the arrest of Guiado's chief of staff. Recovery from the attacks seems to be happening via re-distribution of power from parts of the grid that stay up, but that can only last for so long, the system as a whole appears to have been degraded by about 7 percent on a long term basis from the recent attacks alone. These are taking the form of guerilla type ground attacks.There seems to be total censorship of what is going on in Venezuela now, and even the papers in Venezuela that we are allowed to see from here are not saying much is going on. But it sure looks like hell is breaking loose, with Maduro maintaining the upper hand. That's something the ziopress would never publish. And it is only a guess, due to a lack of confirming info.

IF TRUMP DOES NOT DROP THE HAMMER NOW, HIS PRESIDENCY IS BULLSHIT. GREEN LIGHT DUDE, YOU'D BETTER HIT THE GAS.

No collusion is not enough. WHERE ARE THOSE 80, 000+ SEALED INDICTMENTS Q MENIONED? That's the benchmark, not the clearing of a president we all knew was innocent anyway.

AGRICULTURAL APOCALYPSE that will have severe, long term repercussions

STOCK UP ON BEEF NOW, IT IS TIME TO CLEAN THE FREEZER AND FILL IT. Governor Ricketts of Nebraska has stated that over a million calves are dead in his state due to massive and unprecedented flooding that drowned the herds. Obviously more than calves were lost, a lot of adult cows were lost also, along with other livestock and the fastest possible recovery from this will be 4 years. It is too early to know if the growing season is canceled but it appears it may be, growing can be recovered in one season if the timing is right, the loss of cows is what is bad with all of this so far.I was paying attention to this but waited until it was a real confirmed disaster. The dam break in Nebraska was a low dam that only caused an initial 11 foot wall of water, which quickly dropped to 7 feet but it moved quickly and destroyed a lot. Despite the fact that it was surprisingly destructive, that alone was not enough to worry about.

The dam break is not the big part of the story, instead, there are numerous levees breaking simply because there is so much water runoff that they are being over-topped. It is not negligence causing the levee failures as much as it is more water than anyone ever imagined would happen. There is so much water that much of Nebraska looks like an inland sea. All the cattle in these types of areas are dead.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,634 Times in 3,208 Posts

I perused a farming blog I liked to read.

No one is talking about a massive cattle loss.

This thread however was interesting. 28K head of cattle on the books with only 4K head in actuality.

27,800 head of cattle unaccounted for in SD foreclosure case

Hey Tumbleweed do you know of anyone caught up in the above racket and what are you hearing about the cattle losses in Nebraska?
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

4. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (23rd March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,634 Times in 3,208 Posts

Looks like Sonny Perdue was the source of the million cattle ruse.

Drovers TV: Cattle Flood Losses Not Clear Yet in Nebraska

Greg Henderson, editor of Drovers, says that while the monetary estimates don’t mention an exact head amount for cattle that were lost or if those estimates include other momentary losses to property, it can be surmised that the death loss is significant.
    “If you use the $400 million and just equivalent that out to fed cattle, that would be 228,000 fed cattle lost,” Henderson relates.

Henderson does caution that type of death loss would likely be extreme.

Other widespread winter storms in the recent past did not eclipse the 100,000 head lost. For instance, the Goliath blizzard that hit New Mexico and Texas during December 2015 killed an estimated 40,000 dairy cattle and another 12,000 beef cattle. South Dakota’s Atlas blizzard during October 2013 killed 15,500 head in the state and another 3,000 animals in Nebraska.

It is also important to note that Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue incorrectly told Fox Business Network on March 19 that “1 million calves” were lost to the storm. Perdue later backed away from that statement apologizing on Trent Loos’ news program Loos Tales for the inaccurate announcement.

“I made the mistake personally of propagating some misinformation regarding the number of cattle lost in Nebraska which was not accurate,” Perdue shared.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (6th April 2019),monty (7th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    I perused a farming blog I liked to read.

No one is talking about a massive cattle loss.

This thread however was interesting. 28K head of cattle on the books with only 4K head in actuality.

27,800 head of cattle unaccounted for in SD foreclosure case

Hey Tumbleweed do you know of anyone caught up in the above racket and what are you hearing about the cattle losses in Nebraska?

I seldom look at this part of the forum but just for the hell of it was browsing it now. I never heard anything about a large cattle loss in Nebraska. I suspect there could have bee a large loss in feed lots due to the weather we had last spring here and in Nebraska. I seldom listen to the radio though and don't get much for livestock papers or magazines.

There was quite a bit of loss in cow calf operations this spring due to the weather and I had a bigger loss than I usually do. The cattle prices are low but the cattle numbers for the whole country are at a high level. Prices for meat in the stores may rise but I expect them to remain low for the cattle producers. Lots of Jews in the food industry stealing the wealth and labor of the producers on farms and ranches.
    We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (21st September 2019),monty (21st September 2019),osoab (21st September 2019)