Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $18 HM Digital TDS-EZ Water Quality TDS Tester

Thanks
    Thanked 5,070 Times in 3,240 Posts

Re: $18 HM Digital TDS-EZ Water Quality TDS Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    comment from an owner on your link:

I drink around a gallon of water per day including my coffee water. My $10 pitcher filter posted above is good for 72+ gallons. What does your replacement filter cost?

My $25 pitcher comes with the meter and a 72+ gallon filter.

BTW...the replacement filters I bought from Walmart posted above ARE the real authentic ZeroWater filters and only cost $10 each.

Yes the travel/tumbler has diff/cheaper/shorter-lived filter -about $6 EA.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012C...b_b_prod_image
    Hang around the plentiful QAs & reviews there to see widely varying claims for life of the tumbler filters -- coz it's all about the source water TDA. "3-5 gal life" sounds very low end!

I got 2 replacements coming w it, so if after blowing thru 3 filters I find the cost/gal unacceptable, it'll be time to trash the whole ~$25 "investment."

I'm semi permanently in temp digs, living out of a bag, so the travel/tumbler was the solution.

1+ yr ago I bought the Katadyn Vario as solution, but my enthusiasm for hand pumping that sucker for ~2 mins, 3-4x/day to refill my 750ml alkalizing bottle gradually waned over 1-3 months; & it's been dead weight since! Whoda guessed right?

So I wanted a gravity filter... & U know SFBA waters above avg already -- the zip code/TDS tool @ http://zerowater.com guesses my current city's municipal TDS to be ~160, we'll soon see.
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (20th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,070 Times in 3,240 Posts

Re: $18 HM Digital TDS-EZ Water Quality TDS Tester

^ oh yeah, & the $13 startup tumbler doesn't come w TDS meter as u said, so I bought it for $17. Will remain a toy regardless of zero water cost outcome.

Instead the tumbler filters have some built in color indicator. So some reviewers will only have that color jobee to judge by; no electronic meter to check actual performance. So we might speculate zero water has 'motive' to slant that color jobee toward "time to buy a new filter again, boss!" Again we shall soon see.
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (20th October 2019)