Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TEST: Is Your Browser Safe Against TRACKING ?

Electrum
    Thanks

Re: TEST: Is Your Browser Safe Against TRACKING ?

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    my understanding is, Brave founder fell out with google (or was it mozilla?) & struck out on his own to make a privacy oriented browser.

I've been on brave for... almost 2 years? Happy with it, though once in a while I find a bug, page won't load right.... also does weird things with copy/pastes from places like Mami's -- it keeps the black background & white text colors, & I need to go through & edit so it's readable here.
    installed and checked Brave.
    Brave is indeed better than Firefox, even with my gazilion of privacy-boosting Firefox config tvicks.

Also - planning on moving off of Ubuntu and jumping unto Mint, cause Ubuntu is imho heading to the dark side - Microsoft/Google way

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jcismylord For This Useful Post:

PatColo (19th January 2021)

Electrum
    Thanks

some of my "lifestyle changes" of the recent couple years -
    never google - duck
    never drudge - revolvernews, cfp, breitbart
    never gmail - proton
    no mozila - brave
    no youtube - in the process on that ( oddisey ? )
    no facebook / twiter ( parler has been dean )
    no foxnews
    no ubuntu - debian / or Mint
    shopping - brick n mortar

resist

requesting critic, pls
    is there anything more I am missing?

no-iphone ? pinephone?

also, Mish is an a-hole

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcismylord For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (19th January 2021),PatColo (19th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Brave/Private-mode on windoze-10 notebook comp, USB-tethered to burner android phone using anon/TMobile pre-pay "unlimited data" acct for 'net connectivity:

Trackers use a variety of methods to identify and track users. Most often, this includes tracking cookies, but it can also include browser fingerprinting, which is a sneakier way to track users and makes it harder for users to regain control of their browsers.

Our tests indicate that you have strong protection against Web tracking, though your software isn’t checking for Do Not Track policies.

IS YOUR BROWSER:

Blocking tracking ads? Yes
    Blocking invisible trackers? Yes
    Unblocking 3rd parties that honor Do Not Track? No
    Protecting you from fingerprinting? your browser has a randomized fingerprint

Still wondering how fingerprinting works?
    LEARN MORE

Note: because tracking techniques are complex, subtle, and constantly evolving, Cover Your Tracks does not measure all forms of tracking and protection.

Your Results

Your browser fingerprint has been randomized among the 282,782 tested in the past 45 days. Although sophisticated adversaries may still able to track you to some extent, randomization provides a very strong protection against tracking companies trying to fingerprint your browser.

Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that conveys at least 18.11 bits of identifying information.

The measurements we used to obtain this result are listed below. You can read more about our methodology, statistical results, and some defenses against fingerprinting here.

Detailed Results
    ^ I believe the rest is boilerplate FYI re their testing MO & other info.

My laptop tethered to phone for 'net connection seems to fool sites; like I'll log into amzn & they'll have me do an email verification security check, & the email they send will say my browser is (android's default) Chrome, when it's nothing of the sort - chrome's not even installed on my windoze laptop!
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

https://gab.com/disclosetv/posts/105585267622889738

NEW - Brave, one of the most secure and fastest browsers, has now taken crucial steps in extending its support to a decentralized web. Brave is now going to offer native integration with a peer-to-peer networking protocol and is the first mainstream browser to do.

^ edit (6:52pm PT) gab's been down for past ~1/2 hour; so "it's not me or you, it's gab!" re why link no worky atm. They've been very erratic in performance since I joined 9 days ago, with (((Big Social Media's latest patriots' shoah))) triggering deluge of new gab accts (I heard 3 million new gabbers).
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz