Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: I co-signed on an auto loan

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Re: I co-signed on an auto loan

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Best way for you to get out of your current predicaments Woodman would be if you died. I am thinking a boating accident. Perhaps go out on a fishing trip in a dingy boat that you let sink, make sure you don’t have any life insurance your current wife or family would benefit from, trash the car completely before you go and your wife’s granddaughter would be stuck with it.

Write a suicide note, highlighting how depressed the current situation has made you, with their lack of responsibility and love towards you who did his outmost in trying to help out to the best of your ability so they feel really bad about their actions (or lack there of).

Horn will help you relocate to a nice comfortable life in Costa Rica.

This whole thing has caused a lot of anger in me. That is probably the worst thing to come of it. Anger, resentment and incredulity at the stupidity of it all. I owe the bank around $14,000 and the vehicle is probably worth about $9,000 as it is. I suppose I could just keep it and drive it or I could sell it. Gonna have to take her to court though, in order to get the title in my name. According to the lawyer it will cost two or three thousand dollars for his fee. If I knew the law better, I would tackle it myself, but I am clueless about how to progress and I don't want to chance screwing it up. So it looks like I will take a hit for $8,000 along with all the emotional aggravation. Oh well, I can weather this fine. The stupidity of it all really pisses me off though. I hope I can have her wages garnished. At this point the only possible reason she could have for not signing over the title is to cause me misery. I don't know why.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Amanda (7th June 2019),Cebu_4_2 (7th June 2019),midnight rambler (7th June 2019),monty (8th June 2019),Neuro (7th June 2019),Tumbleweed (8th June 2019)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

I talked to the lawyer about taking the issue to court, to get the title in my name. It will cost at least $1500 to hire him to initiate the procedure. If she answers the suit and fights the action, then it can run up as high as $5,000 he says. He said that most of the time they don't even file an answer to the action and by default a judgement would be made in my favor. I asked if I could do the legal action myself and he said it was beyond my abilities. I called the court to get some info and they wouldn't give me much, just said that I needed to know what form to file, but they could not tell me. So this is where it stands; I can either do nothing and sit with the vehicle in limbo and open to seizure by her, just as I had it taken from her, or I can pay the lawyer $1,500 to get the ball rolling. I could offer her money to sign off the title but that is even more bitter than paying the lawyer. So there it is. I would rather pay the lawyer $1500 than offer her a penny.

Edit to add; The lawyer says that going after her for money would be a whole different deal and likely not worth it.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Amanda (13th June 2019),Ares (13th June 2019),midnight rambler (13th June 2019),Neuro (13th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    I talked to the lawyer about taking the issue to court, to get the title in my name. It will cost at least $1500 to hire him to initiate the procedure. If she answers the suit and fights the action, then it can run up as high as $5,000 he says. He said that most of the time they don't even file an answer to the action and by default a judgement would be made in my favor. I asked if I could do the legal action myself and he said it was beyond my abilities. I called the court to get some info and they wouldn't give me much, just said that I needed to know what form to file, but they could not tell me. So this is where it stands; I can either do nothing and sit with the vehicle in limbo and open to seizure by her, just as I had it taken from her, or I can pay the lawyer $1,500 to get the ball rolling. I could offer her money to sign off the title but that is even more bitter than paying the lawyer. So there it is. I would rather pay the lawyer $1500 than offer her a penny.

Edit to add; The lawyer says that going after her for money would be a whole different deal and likely not worth it.
    It's called a Quiet Title Action:

https://www.thebalancesmb.com/using-...ership-4160987

Basically you are contesting full ownership and give her 30 days to respond or contest ownership. If she does not the car is yours and with a judgement on file you can do whatever you want with the car.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Amanda (13th June 2019),Bigjon (13th June 2019),Cebu_4_2 (13th June 2019),monty (13th June 2019),Neuro (13th June 2019),vacuum (14th June 2019),woodman (13th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

At this point the only possible reason she could have for not signing over the title is to cause me misery....I could offer her money to sign off the title but that is even more bitter than paying the lawyer. So there it is.
    https://i.imgur.com/He742tG.jpg

Dump her grandmother if she is your current wife. That will instantly motivate her "innocent bystander" mother to finally end your cuck embarrassment and this thread.

somebody had to say it...
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

It would be a shame if the car burned down and insurance paid it off.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/He742tG.jpg

Dump her grandmother if she is your current wife. That will instantly motivate her "innocent bystander" mother to finally end your cuck embarrassment and this thread.

somebody had to say it...
    I am not embarrassed. I am a very decent person who made a mistake and was too trusting. It would seem you are suffering my embarrassment for me, kind of Christlike. This thread has served a useful purpose if it is cautionary to anyone who reads it. It has served me well because Ares may have just solved my plight. He at least has come up with something of substance.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Amanda (13th June 2019),Ares (13th June 2019),Bigjon (13th June 2019),Hitch (14th June 2019),madfranks (13th June 2019),midnight rambler (13th June 2019),Neuro (13th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

What a stupid thing to do. My wife's granddaughter asked me to cosign on an auto loan....Her Mom, my stepdaughter, when confronted with her daughter's malfeasance, took her side...This is what amazes me the most is that her mom, my stepdaughter actually feels she is in the right...She says she doesn't want to get involved.

I am not embarrassed. I am a very decent person who made a mistake and was too trusting...

LESSON ONE: This is the very definition of "cuck". Resources going to another man's child instead of your own children.

LESSON TWO: It is embarrassing that you still conflate being naive with being "very decent". You were right the first time.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/92b5a579...sqmymu_540.png
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

How do you get a title to a car still under a loan?
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    First of all, there's no such thing as a 'title' for an automobile UNLESS one gets the MSO (aka Manufacturer's Certificate) upon 'first sale'. The Manufacturer's Certificate IS the title. Virtually everyone gets conned out of the actual title when they 'register' the car via the "Application for Certificate of Title" at which point they 'deliver' (means surrender) the MSO to the State. The state then issues the Certificate of Title (a certificate is NOT the actual document, a certificate is merely a document that 'certifies' something exists, some condition met, etc.).

So when a loan is take out on an automobile a lien is placed on the Certificate of Title. Once the loan is paid off the lender (bank, auto title loan company, etc.) removes the lien from the Certificate of Title which at that point makes the (Certificate of) Title 'clear'.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Ares (14th June 2019),Neuro (14th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    The court will remove her name from the title and leave in just Woodmans name. The loan agent will remain on the new title.
    Jackie did it and you know it!