Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol caliber arguments are dumb

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

Re: Pistol caliber arguments are dumb

I have quite a few pocket guns in .22 magnum, 380 and 32 auto. The video below is of a model of pocket gun that I carry a lot and I really like it. It ain't much but I sure as hell wouldn't want to get shot with one either.

We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (8th May 2019),midnight rambler (8th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

I need a front pocket cargo shorts concealed weapon for hot 100-degree Summer days.

On really hot days I carry my Glock 33 in a Galco Jackass rig with a canted holster. It's really comfortable and I wear it next to my skin and with a loose shirt that's untucked. In the video below the guy shows the jackass rigs and one of them is with the canted holster.

We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (8th May 2019)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

I need a front pocket cargo shorts concealed weapon for hot 100-degree Summer days.

Walther PPK/S is very safe with one in the chamber but much too heavy.

Any more thoughts on the Glock 42 or something hopefully even better for front pocket cargo shorts?

The LCP II is a great pocket pistol.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

6. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (8th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    The LCP II is a great pocket pistol.
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks

Book, the LCP II disappears into your pocket, the G42 not so much...in fact it prints big time in your front pocket.

I have both and I've compared them. The G42 is no pocket pistol unless in your back pocket with something to keep it from printing there.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

9. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (9th May 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post

The video below is of a model of pocket gun that I carry a lot and I really like it. It ain't much but I sure as hell wouldn't want to get shot with one either.

My neighbor carries one. I wonder if rimfire reliably goes BANG every time the trigger is pulled. We're talking about depending on it with our lives.

Thanks

Book, the LCP II disappears into your pocket, the G42 not so much...in fact it prints big time in your front pocket.

I have both and I've compared them. The G42 is no pocket pistol unless in your back pocket with something to keep it from printing there.

Exactly the info I needed MR. I'm now 5'-11" 148lbs on my way to 140lbs and can't hide much "concealed" wearing cargo shorts and a tee shirt on hot Summer days.

Did your LCP II go BANG every time you pulled the trigger? Did it need a so-called break-in period to become reliable? That size looks perfect...like the small Kahrs that need a 200-round so-called break-in period.

Only $240 local price. It looks perfect for what I need!

Thanks

My neighbor carries one. I wonder if rimfire reliably goes BANG every time the trigger is pulled. We're talking about depending on it with our lives.

Speer makes Gold Dot in .22 WMR, so yeah, reliable enough.

https://carolinamunitions.com/speer-...l?asaid=as0004

13. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (8th May 2019)

Thanks

Did your LCP II go BANG every time
    Haven't shot it enough to determine that. Just ordered a case of 1,000 rounds of .380 auto*, will be burning that ammo through the LCP II this weekend (along with my LCP I 2nd generation).

Have not noted any issues in the online reviews of the LCP II.

*a case of quality 9mm is cheaper than a case of .380 auto

15. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (8th May 2019)

Thanks

...case of 1,000 rounds of .380 auto*, will be burning that ammo through the LCP II this weekend (along with my LCP I 2nd generation).
    Please report any misfires/malfunctions on Monday. At only $240 local price this appears to be a no-brainer!

Spare factory LCP II magazine is supposed to be $20 local price. Slide Lock does not work with your older version LCP v1 magazines...

My only worry remains carrying with one in the chamber in a pocket holster with this Single Action trigger. The North American Arms .22 WMR revolver is actually a safer carry...ditto your double action LCP I 2nd generation...