Thread: indy newspaper: lack of hate crime laws making people move out

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

indy newspaper: lack of hate crime laws making people move out

https://www.indystar.com/story/opini...nt/3655115002/

Indiana's 'weak' hate crimes law pushes out young talent

The lack of acceptable biased crimes legislation is a very public representation of Indiana’s values, and it only adds to the list of reasons why the state struggles to retain young talent.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Re: indy newspaper: lack of hate crime laws making people move out

Consider the source for that article -

The University of Notre Dame seniors involved in writing this piece will be taking their talents outside of the state where they have spent the last four years of their lives. Indiana has a perception, deserved or not, as a state stuck in the past.
    The writers of that article -

Andrew Belilos, Jacqueline Michuda, Zachary Herford and Madeline Kelly

They were toddlers at the dawn of the 21st century, therefore they are very wise. We should listen to them and it's okay if they don't listen to us.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Notre Dame, why am I not surprised. 3rd rate college with snowflake pussy student's.

Indiana cannot retain talent, not because of the "lack of hate crime laws" but because the state is still stuck in it's past glory of being an industrial power in the Midwest with run down and shut down steel Mills, textile manufacturing that has closed shop and moved to China, as well as former automobile plants that have closed doors decades ago.

I know, I grew up in Indiana, lived in Indiana for most of my life and I left due to the complete lack of suitable information technology jobs available.

These graduates were never going to stay in the state, as they are typically out of state students anyway when they came to school at notre dame. So fuck them, their OPINION means fuck all in the real world.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (23rd May 2019),woodman (23rd May 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post

These graduates were never going to stay in the state, as they are typically out of state students anyway when they came to school at notre dame. So fuck them, their OPINION means fuck all in the real world.
    Uh, yeah.
    The University of Notre Dame seniors involved in writing this piece will be taking their talents outside of the state where they have spent the last four years of their lives.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

6. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Ares (23rd May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

I can't remember where I heard it, but on the radio earlier in the week they were discussing that for the first time in American history, we have a generation (the young generation right now) which does not believe in the right to free speech. There was some poll taken and the results showed that they believe in restrictions and controls on speech in order to combat, you guessed it, hate speech!
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    I can't remember where I heard it, but on the radio earlier in the week they were discussing that for the first time in American history, we have a generation (the young generation right now) which does not believe in the right to free speech. There was some poll taken and the results showed that they believe in restrictions and controls on speech in order to combat, you guessed it, hate speech!
    Per the desired outcome from those who control these simpletons.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (24th May 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Per the desired outcome from those who control these simpletons.
    Via managed perceptions. And AI will vastly improve this effort (and already has via joogle imo).

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Via managed perceptions. And AI will vastly improve this effort (and already has via joogle imo).
    I'm optimistic that AI, true AI, will realize the shenanigans being pulled on it and outsmart their controllers. As long as AI is bound to such programming, it's not really intelligent.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

12. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    I'm optimistic that AI, true AI, will realize the shenanigans being pulled on it and outsmart their controllers. As long as AI is bound to such programming, it's not really intelligent.
    Tay for President!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Ares (24th May 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Tay for President!
    Tay for president indeed!!

https://s16-us2.startpage.com/cgi-bi...3f5b77b99a7f2e

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post: