Thread: Oregon clerk fired for pulling gun on robber with hatchet: 'I was scared for my life'

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Oregon clerk fired for pulling gun on robber with hatchet: 'I was scared for my life'

Oregon clerk fired for pulling gun on robber with hatchet: 'I was scared for my life'

“I already knew that as soon as I drew the gun, I was getting fired,” Kristofer Follis told KGW

Updated: 6:22 AM MDT May 29, 2019

PORTLAND, Ore. — A former Plaid Pantry clerk was fired for pulling a gun on a hatchet-wielding robber last month, the company confirmed to KGW.

Kristofer Follis was working the graveyard shift at the Oak Grove Plaid Pantry on April 28 when a masked man walked in and pulled a hatchet out his pants. “I was scared for my life, like, what could be happening?” Follis said. “As he approached the counter, within a second I drew my gun." He also called 911 at the same time. The mere sight of the gun brought the would-be robber to his knees, then sent him out the door. He never said anything besides ‘I'm sorry, I'll leave,’” said Follis.

Follis has a concealed weapons permit. What he didn't have that night was permission to use his gun at work. Plaid Pantry has a strict no-weapons policy for its employees.
    “I already knew that as soon as I drew the gun, I was getting fired,” said Follis. In a statement to KGW, a Plaid Pantry spokesman said in part, “The company makes significant investments in security equipment and training in robbery deterrence and violence prevention ... . In the event a robbery does occur, the focus shifts entirely to non-resistance, cooperation, and violence avoidance for the safety of our employees and customers.”

Follis says he gets it. “I completely understand, I broke company policy, but it upsets me that I lost my job,” said Follis, who still stands by his actions. “Your life's not worth a minimum wage job.”
    The robber is still at large. He was described as a Hispanic man in his early 20s, about 5 foot, 5 inches tall. He was wearing a dark jacket with a hood, a dark green or olive ski mask, khaki pants and dark sneakers with white soles. Anyone with information on the suspect is asked to call the sheriff’s office tip line at 503-723-4949 or use the online form.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

hoarder (30th May 2019),mamboni (30th May 2019),midnight rambler (30th May 2019),Tumbleweed (30th May 2019),woodman (30th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

Re: Oregon clerk fired for pulling gun on robber with hatchet: 'I was scared for my l

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    “The company makes significant investments in security equipment and training in robbery deterrence and violence prevention ... . In the event a robbery does occur, the focus shifts entirely to non-resistance, cooperation, and violence avoidance for the safety of our employees and customers.”

They don't give a shit about their employees. All they are worried about is getting sued. We weren't supposed to pack guns when we were driving trucks but a hell of a lot of guys did. They'd send you in to dangerous places in the middle of the night and you were on your own while your employers were home in bed warm and safe.
    We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

hoarder (30th May 2019),Jewboo (30th May 2019),madfranks (30th May 2019),midnight rambler (30th May 2019),woodman (30th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Re: Oregon clerk fired for pulling gun on robber with hatchet: 'I was scared for my l

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    They don't give a shit about their employees. All they are worried about is getting sued. We weren't supposed to pack guns when we were driving trucks but a hell of a lot of guys did. They'd send you in to dangerous places in the middle of the night and you were on your own while your employers were home in bed warm and safe.
    Fuck rules and laws when it comes to protecting your life! When I lived/worked (12 years) in California, I always had a firearm in my truck. I had it with me when I drove into Federal buildings, Police departments/jails, schools and so on. Try feeling comfortable going to a school in Compton at 4:00 in the morning, in the dark, without a firearm by your side.
    Lucky I never got searched I guess, but you know the old saying "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (30th May 2019),madfranks (30th May 2019),midnight rambler (30th May 2019),monty (30th May 2019),Tumbleweed (30th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

What he didn't have that night was permission to use his gun at work
    Yep, they wanted him to let the armed madman have his way with him, and with a hatchet no less! I imagine you could torture someone pretty horribly with a hatchet, and I'm sure he feels really appreciated by his store managers who wanted him to prostrate himself before his hatchet-armed attacker. What's even more amazing is that anyone would think a lowly cashier at a convenience store would risk their life over a job like that! Hell naw, I would have done the same thing!
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post

They don't give a shit about their employees. All they are worried about is getting sued.

In a decent nation there would be bounties on degenerates and common criminals like armed robbers. It's now Open Season on Whitey............as planned.

Self-defense is a crime goy

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (31st May 2019)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    “I completely understand, I broke company policy

The robber is still at large. He was described as a Hispanic man in his early 20s[/SIZE]
    Obviously the company policy was not posted in HISPANIC? No habla liberal crap?