Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Why have we white cacusians turned into such a weak race?

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Re: Why have we white cacusians turned into such a weak race?

then a few seconds later they are insulting and mocking my appearance and behaviour
    It's how Dumborats roll.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keehah View Post
    Update: early this fall this person tells me during casual discussion in his heart and stroke rehab group (he had a mild stroke last year) someone, he suspects a female retired public servant, reported him to the provincial health foundation that puts on the sessions for supporting President Trump. He was called by the foundation's provincial president and told not to go any more sessions until he could come out and personally certify this man was an acceptable member of society and could continue to receive treatment and support. After two weeks arrangements were made for a society staffer to drive the two hours (each way) to have a one on one with him and sit in on a meeting. Afterwards the staffer said his behaviour was not inappropriate and apologized.

I don't bring up politics with people much anymore, but last month I had coffee with a liberal friend who started going on about Trump's impeachment. Both of us having gone through councillor training together several years ago, he's about the only liberal I know that I can have an agree to disagree with conversation about politics with that stays mostly rational. When he brought up Trump I just sat back and kept asking "What was the crime?" He struggled to answer and I was able to logically knock down his attempts and he kept looking at me in bewilderment (but not being triggered to attack me), as if I was performing some sort of magic trick on him.

An interjection: Most of the Poltical MSM News I watch is through a critical lens (there are even video channels that specialize in this, reporting on the MSM reporting). The left and MSMNews projects. In recent months the projection has been so consistent that 'hate watching' has been getting boring. However in the last month or so, with the impeachment, myself and others have noticed the projection has been ramping up to new levels of hysteria. While the projection previously was of the sort 'that is what the left generally does' when watching the MSM accuse the right of something, now much of it is becoming "‘they are doing the exact thing in real time that they are claiming the other side is doing" as one commentator has said, the Biden/Democrat vs Trump Ukraine issue being the best example.

This morning out for coffee, I overheard two people who came in separately and sat at two different tables, start talking about the impeachment. One of the two, a female, I have talked to casually a few times before, so I turned and joined the conversation, not at any time offering supporting for Trump, other than asking "What was the crime?"

They tried a few times "Russian hacking...." "That is not what the actual impeachment was about" I said, after another attempt I experienced the new hysteria first hand. I bring up Biden and Burisma, the guy grins at me like I just farted or something and does a Strozak like shimmy and talks down to me saying Burisma is not even in Ukraine (confusing Burisma with Crowdstrike I assume). Another one of their deflections was Trumps 'boorish' emails, then a few seconds later they are insulting and mocking my appearance and behaviour until I ended the conversation and turned back to my coffee and computer!

Things are going from 'don't bring up politics', people will get angry, to 'don't try to neutrally ask for some clarification when people talk politics' or people will drop the pretence of civilized behaviour!
    I work in the tech industry at one of the large tech companies. Most of the guys in my group lean center left, to left. Impeachment has all I've heard about for the past couple of months. Yesterday the engineer who is more on the left end of the political spectrum says "we finally got him" after the vote. I started laughing which he looked over confused. I said he isn't impeached, he said the house just voted, and I said yes that's all they've done. They have yet to send it to the Senate to hold the trial and good luck with that as the Democrats during their 12 week impeachment inquiry couldn't even point out a single crime. Let me remind you abuse of power is not an impeachable offense, and neither is obstruction of congress at least not for the head of the executive branch.

He brought up the whole quid pro quo, and I said you mean Biden's quid pro quo? He said what? I said Burisma, Joe Biden is on record of wanting a prosecutor who was investigating his son fired or all of Ukraine would not get 1 billion USD in U.S. financial aid.

He said that didn't happen, so I sent the bitchute link since YouTube makes it impossible to find (no censorship here, which I also pointed out. lol) to an internal chat we were all using.

A couple minutes later I respond in the chat "Well son of a bitch, Trump is being charged for something Biden actually did isn't that something?"

no response, a couple who guys who are more center / center right started laughing.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (21st December 2019),keehah (21st December 2019),madfranks (26th December 2019),midnight rambler (21st December 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

When he brought up Trump I just sat back and kept asking "What was the crime?" He struggled to answer and I was able to logically knock down his attempts and he kept looking at me in bewilderment (but not being triggered to attack me), as if I was performing some sort of magic trick on him
    Because logic and rationality is like magic to them. The left is so hard-core feminized now that emotion is the prime moving factor in all they do. When you start logically and rationally analyzing something for them, it's no different than pulling out a magic wand.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

5. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

keehah (27th December 2019)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Because logic and rationality is like magic to them. The left is so hard-core feminized now that emotion is the prime moving factor in all they do. When you start logically and rationally analyzing something for them, it's no different than pulling out a magic wand.
    Yeah, he was in a cognitive dissonant state. He knew he could not support his programmed feeling about the impeachment (from fake corporate news) with logic and facts, that there was no case for impeachment, yet also felt how the fake news programmed him (and friends) that impeachment was the correct signal.

I think the 'trick' in my case was I was able to help him to start logically and rationally analyzing his opinion on impeachment for 10 or 15 minutes. While with my second pair of 'friends' they were able to avoid any dissonant feeling some logic or rationality would cause them by succumbing to their emotions over logic, feelings over facts, by irrationally hating, attacking, shunning and other sorts of uncivilized behaviour directed specifically at the caring loving and truthful people they encounter (in other words, being leftists) so that they can maintain their fake news MSM and deep-state crimminal 'public servants' irrational and illogical state.
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

7. The Following User Says Thank You to keehah For This Useful Post:

madfranks (27th December 2019)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keehah View Post
    Verbal description of the Figure:
    Mean In-Group Bias by Race/Ethnicity
    (Scores denote mean differences in warmth between in-group and out-group feeling thermometers (0-100 scale)

-Black 15.58
    -Hispanic 12.83
    -Asian 13.94
    -White Liberal -13.17 [negative value!]
    -White Non-Liberal 11.62

Related questionnaire for 2020. Just the raw 'feeling thermometer' data not differences in in-group and out-group results like the 2019 report above.

ljzigerell.com: How racial groups rate each other
    L.J Zigerell Posted on March 25, 2021 Posted in Race

The plot below reports the mean rating from Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians of Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians, using data from the preliminary release of the 2020 ANES Time Series Study....

The items are feeling thermometers, asking participants to rate the groups from 0 through 100. The items are on pages 121 to 124, here: https://electionstudies.org/wp-conte...naire_post.pdf.
    I estimated the numbers from the figure, it may be off a percent or two:

Basically Whites rate whites at 71. They rate Blacks, Hispanics and Asians only a few percent lower. This can correlate with the 2019 results that had White non-liberals with an in group preference only a few percent lower than other races being basically negated by the self-hate of White Liberals.

Blacks rate Blacks at 86. They rate Whites at 62 Hispanics at 71 and Asians at 67.

Hispanics rate Hispanics at 80. They rate Whites at 66 Blacks at 71 and Asians at 71.

Asians rate Asians at 80 They rate Whites at 68 Blacks at 71 and Hispanics at 70

Whites are supreme with the lowest overall level of racism.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keehah For This Useful Post:

JDRock (22nd April 2021),PatColo (22nd April 2021)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Much analysis and commentary based on actual data and with graphs found starting from the link above in yesterday's comments. I've posted significant parts of one below (lots of data and graphs In the report I cannot imbed are at the link).

Some receipts towards what probably most of us here know already: Western corporate journalism and western government deep-state public servants are destroying Western Civilization.

Tabletmag.com: How the Media Led the Great Racial Awakening
    August 4, 2020

In the wake of the protests, riots, and general upheaval sparked by the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, the United States is experiencing a racial reckoning. The response from America’s elite liberal institutions suggests that many have embraced the ideology of the protesters...

Countless articles have been published in recent weeks, often under the guise of straight news reporting, in which journalists take for granted the legitimacy of novel theories about race and identity. Such articles illustrate a prevailing new political morality on questions of race and justice that has taken power at the Times and Post—a worldview sometimes abbreviated as “wokeness” that combines the sensibilities of highly educated and hyperliberal white professionals with elements of Black nationalism and academic critical race theory. But the media’s embrace of “wokeness” did not begin in response to the death of George Floyd. This racial ideology first began to take hold at leading liberal media institutions years before the arrival of Donald Trump and, in fact, heavily influenced the journalistic response to the protest movements of recent years and their critique of American society...

By 2019, [the terms racist/racists/racism] would constitute 0.02% and just under 0.03% of all words published in the Times and Post—an increase of over 700% and just under 1,000%, respectively, from 2011...

In 2011, just 35% of white liberals thought racism in the United States was “a big problem,” according to national polling. By 2015, this figure had ballooned to 61% and further still to 77% in 2017...

In December of 2006, 45% of white Democrats and 41% of white Republicans reported that they knew someone they considered racist. By June of 2015, this figure increased to 64% among white Democrats, while remaining at a steady 41% among white Republicans. No increases were observed for any of the nonwhite Democrat groups. In fact, what (statistically insignificant) change occurred among Black (52.7% to 47.2%) and Hispanic (41.1% to 33.8%) Democrats were actually in the opposite direction...

One possible way of explaining these statistics, is that America experienced an explosion of racism over the past decade and white liberals are uniquely reflective of that change. But another possibility, perhaps more likely, is that ascendant progressive notions about race reflected in a steady drumbeat of reporting and editorializing on the subject from leading national media outlets, encouraged white liberals to label a larger number of behaviors and people as racist. In other words, while the world may have stayed more or less the same, elite liberal media and its readership—especially its white liberal readership—underwent a profound change...

In the graph above, we see that shifts in the [New York] Times’ usage of woke-related terminology (green line) almost perfectly coincides (r=0.95) with shifts in racial liberalism (darker blue line) among white Democrats (and among white liberals as well). The same relationship is significant but much weaker for nonwhite Democrats (light blue line), and both insignificant and negligible for white Republicans (red line).

...further analysis shows that woke-related term-usage significantly predicts subsequent racial liberalism while racial liberalism does not significantly predict subsequent term-usage. Additionally, term-usage remains a strong and significantly positive predictor of Democrats’ and liberals’ racial liberalism across variables like consumer sentiment, general policy liberalism, and generational replacement.

Yet, even these findings, while suggestive, don’t prove that the media coverage at leading liberal outlets like The New York Times and Washington Post is causing shifts in racial attitudes. What it shows dispositively is that the newspapers covered here are both talking about racial inequality and race-related issues far more frequently than they have since at least 1970 as well as increasingly framing those issues using the terms and jargon associated with “wokeness.” Additionally, it shows that the racial liberalism of white liberals has closely followed these trends in media coverage, rather than preceding them...

The truth is that unless or until one is able to determine the “baseline disparities” between populations—i.e., disparities that would obtain even in the absence of racism and discrimination—there is no way to quantify or determine with certainty the extent that disparities can be attributed to discrimination and bias. In certain domains, there may appear to be a fairly straightforward correlation between historical racism—for example in biased hiring practices—and unequal outcomes. But in other fields the connections will not be as clear and disparities may be better explained by other variables, such as cultural customs and preferences...

From 2014 and onward, though, movement in frequency of the inequality-related terms is consistently attended (at least in the Times and Post) by similar movement in the frequency of macro-level racism. In other words, the data suggests not only that more attention has been given to racial disparities, but also that racial disparities themselves are increasingly framed in terms of systemic racism theory. Although this frame is now commonplace, it wasn’t so until just a few years ago...

Research shows that how members of advantaged or “privileged” social groups react to group inequality is informed by his/her views of its legitimacy. Those who are inclined or habituated to see it as illegitimate (such as white liberals) are likely to experience feelings of shame, guilt, and/or in-group-directed anger. These aversive feelings, in turn, correspond to needs for moral acceptance and validation vis-à-vis members of disadvantaged out-groups. These needs then motivate the adoption of pro-out-group (or “woke”) attitudes and behaviors that both signal one’s moral solidarity with the unjustly disadvantaged out-group while also distinguishing oneself from the undeservingly privileged in-group. In the other direction, group members that don’t perceive that such inequalities are entirely or at all illegitimate are likely to resent being unjustly blamed for them and to consider the maligning of their moral status unfair...

What the evidence suggests, is that leading publications have not only vastly expanded the definition of racism and actively promoted a more racialized view of American society—in a period beginning under a Black president and during which many indicators showed slow and frustrating, but consistent, racial progress—but have done so, in part, by normalizing and popularizing the notion of “white people’s” collective guilt...

Until just a few years ago, such reductive and Manichaean racial narratives were largely confined to overtly white nationalist and Black nationalist groups and the pages of little-read academic critical theory and sociology journals. But as the graph below reveals, this once-rare framework has been incorporated into the lexicon of mainstream, particularly left-leaning, newspapers...

For decades, the term “racial equality” was the ubiquitous framework for understanding and evaluating racial justice. This is now changing as "equality" gives way to newer concepts such as “racial equity,” which refers to the redistribution of resources from the supposedly privileged to the supposedly disadvantaged as a means to redress claimed discrimination. As Ibram Kendi puts it: "If discrimination is creating equity, then it is antiracist. If discrimination is creating inequity, then it is racist ... The only remedy to racist discrimination is antiracist discrimination. The only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination. The only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination." Thus the goal is no longer 'racial equality' or equal treatment under the law. It is, rather, the attainment of a state of the world in which all groups have equal outcomes—even if some are deliberately disadvantaged in the process...

For some Americans all of this is surely good news. For them, the rapid proliferation of articles employing the tropes of critical race theory to ascribe racial guilt in the American system represents a reckoning with white supremacy and inequality that is long overdue. There are many possible objections to this line of argument: To start, there’s the fact that dividing a diverse, multiethnic society into oppressed and oppressor categories on the basis of skin color has, as a matter of historical precedent, more often led to sectarian bloodshed than enhanced justice and equity. What’s more, the narratives promoting this new system of racial division are both factually fraudulent—built on false or misleading premises and assumptions—and deeply hostile to any attempts at factual correction. If one points out, for instance, that accounts of white supremacy as an all-powerful force in American society tend to discount that some nonwhite groups like Nigerian Americans, Indian Americans, and East Asian Americans all have more income equity than the average white person, this itself is invalidated as a racist microaggression. The media has actively promoted a theory of racism that misrepresents facts about the world while stigmatizing any effort to criticize those facts as racist...

Which brings us to the media’s selective and race-driven reporting on deadly police shootings. If the ultimate goal of such media coverage and the protests they generate is to effect police reform—greater transparency, accountability, etc.—the fetishization of Black victims of police shooting is hard to understand. Indeed, if this objective is paramount, then it would be best served by saturating the newswire whenever a person of any race is unjustly killed by law enforcement. Indeed, the more radical the goal of the movement, the more important it would appear to be that it attempt to appeal to the largest possible segment of the populace. That there is no dispositive evidence of racial bias in police use of deadly force would make this approach even more advisable. However, a recent analysis of mine shows that the opposite is happening...

What the data presented here suggests is that editorial decisions made over the past decade at some of the most powerful media outlets in the world about what kind of language to use and what kind of stories merited coverage when it came to race—whatever the intention and level of forethought behind such decisions—has stoked a revival of racial consciousness among their readers. Intentionally or not, by introducing and then constantly repeating a set of key words and concepts, publications like The New York Times have helped normalize among their readership the belief that “color” is the defining attribute of other human beings. For those who adopt this singular focus on race, a racialized view of the world becomes baseline test of political loyalty. It requires adherents to overlook the immense diversity among so-called “People of Color” and “People Not-of-Color” (i.e., whoever is being lumped together as “white” according to the prevailing ideological fashion). In doing so, it has made stereotypes socially acceptable, if not laudable.

The same media institutions that have promoted revanchist identitarianism and the radical transformation of American society along racial lines, could instead have focused their attention and influence on improving the quality of life for all. Working to ensure that Americans of any background aren’t unjustly victimized by the police and have access to quality health care, schools, and affordable housing doesn’t require the promotion of a “race-consciousness” that divides society into “oppressed” and “privileged” color categories. To the contrary, it requires that we de-emphasize these categories and unite in pursuit of common interests. This may not suit the media’s prerogatives, and it may not appeal to activists whose desire for cultural “recognition” trumps their devotion to material progress, but it does offer the potential benefit of improving the lives of ordinary Americans.