Thread: These are the good ol' days

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

These are the good ol' days

Guns, gun parts, and ammo will never be cheaper and more available than the situation is right now. In one year we will begin to see a drastic change as our dilemma begins to sink in. The commie gungrabbers are coming.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

cheka. (1st June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

Re: These are the good ol' days

Yep, they are gaining ground pretty fast.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

cheka. (1st June 2019),midnight rambler (1st June 2019)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Guns, gun parts, and ammo will never be cheaper and more available than the situation is right now. In one year we will begin to see a drastic change as our dilemma begins to sink in. The commie gungrabbers are coming.
    great call. what do you recommend for a buy/sell flip for profit? i know nothing about the market -- but did watch AR's triple in price during obomba...then fall all the way back

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheka. View Post
    great call. what do you recommend for a buy/sell flip for profit? i know nothing about the market -- but did watch AR's triple in price during obomba...then fall all the way back
    Right now it's a buyer's market, totally. Prices have fallen substantially, more so than I've ever seen. Seems like no one has spare cash, everyone wants to trade a gun they already have into the deal. I would counsel against buying with the intention of flipping for a profit, or at least keep it to a very small scale. You need to take into account the downside should things truly go south when the heat is turned up. Should things get really ugly one may have a liquidation problem (exposure) unless of course one goes black market. I've only got one I'm holding back from selling right now because the prices are so low, and that's the only one I'm holding onto until the prices come back up. Everything else I consider a keeper, at least for now.

I would suggest acquiring a quality AK (AVOID the Inter Ordinance [I.O.] AK-47s!) that doesn't have a canted front sight (common problem with some Century AKs and a few others) or quality AR-15s (avoid the low end stuff like Ruger, Bushmaster, [especially] Olympic, S&W, etc.) and stick with brands like Daniel Defense, BCM, Spike's, etc. DYODD on ARs.

You cannot go wrong with a Steyr AUG, although it takes magazines made only for the AUG, i.e. unless you get an AUG with a NATO stock which takes all STANAG/AR-15 style mags however the NATO stock version of the AUG does not have a bolt open device for last round fired. The AUG is a very unusual rifle (bullpup configuration with it's own special shit) yet extremely reliable.

I suggest you watch www.texasguntrader.com in your area for deals from individuals. If you have any questions about anything in particular that you're seeing there feel free to PM me.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

7. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

cheka. (1st June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Millenials will most likely endup much like Israel with U.S. demographics and have mandatory internment then carry weapons home.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hundre...der-new-rules/

The U.S. will have too many enemies no matter which political turn it takes. Guns will just will be a. Gov monopoly item like they have been many places in the past.

Thanks

Right now is the time to build a high end AR at a very decent price.

If you're wanting to go the full economy route then Palmetto State Armory has been having some great prices. I picked up a complete upper for $219 shipped. I see they have this complete upper at $199 shipped - https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165447990.html PSA also has complete lowers on the cheap as well. The upper I got has a 16" barrel and is pretty heavy, they probably used a Bear Creek Arsenal barrel, which are now selling for crazy cheap (they do have a 1 MOA guarantee on their barrels). www.bearcreekarsenal.com PSA also has nickel boron coated bolt carriers (most likely made by Toolcraft since Toolcraft makes BCGs for nearly everyone) for $90 shipped. PSA has nitrite BCGs for $60 if one is trying to be super economical.

I also note on the PSA website that it's possible to get a complete rifle (when you purchase the individual assemblies, i.e. complete upper for 200 and complete lower for 130 with free shipping) for $330 (plus FFL transfer fee). I've never seen ARs or AR assemblies this cheap, ever. This is as cheap as building a DIY AR from scratch 30 years ago.

I happened to find this distributor which charges a $10/month subscription however they've got incredibly good prices. You have to do a 99 cent 30 day trial membership to even see their prices. I was skeptical at first but upon seeing their prices I placed a substantial order and saved a shitload of FRNs. That website is www.bigdaddyunlimited.com

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

cheka. (1st June 2019),woodman (2nd June 2019)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

thanks for the heads up on the market and pricing - great info

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (1st June 2019)

Thanks

To get the very highest quality the ticket is to build your own AR using select components (or have it built by someone who knows what they're doing). When it's life or death don't be cutting corners.

My essential picks for reliability on an AR-15:

Spike's T2 buffer
    (solid titanium doesn't rattle like every other buffer, can be had at BDU for $30, everywhere else is 37 and up)
    Strike Industries flat wire buffer spring
    Primary Weapons Systems buffer tube with racheting end plate
    (yes, there are buffer tubes for less than 1/2 of that, but this is a component you should not cut corners on, BDU has best price on this item)
    Nickel boron coated bolt carrier group (bcg)
    (from Palmetto State Armory)
    Aero Precision assembled upper
    (can be had for $70 if you shop around)
    CMC lower parts kit (lpk less fire control and pistol grip) for lower receiver
    (again, BDU has the best price, $24)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

cheka. (2nd June 2019)