Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about open heart bypass surgery?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,817 Times in 4,307 Posts

Re: Anyone know anything about open heart bypass surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    It is true that megadose Niacin will reduce cholesterol. However, cholesterol has nothing to do with arteriosclerotic heart disease. And taking a single B-vitamin in megadoses can cause deficiencies of the other B vitamins. The body uses cholesterol as a repair molecule. High cholesterol is a symptom of underlying disease (i.e. inflamed arteries from transfats and peroxidized vegetable oils, diabetes, hypothyroidism, obesity etc.). Inhibiting cholesterol production with a statin is harmful. The body uses cholesterol to patch up damaged arteries (filling pot holes analogy) and then organizes these patches for final repair. Rather than emphasizing a single nutrient, it is best to give the body all 90 essential nutrients and eliminate the bad foods and allow the body to heal itself naturally.
    Yes, this is true. I was just pointing out a B3 vitamin straight Niacin Nicotinc Acid (Not Niacinamide.) Niacinamide is metabolized differently, and does not do anything with Cholesterol.

Also true high cholesterol indicates underlying problems within the body.

Dachise, clean up your diet. Cut out carbs, and sugar eat meat, fat, vegetables (organic preferred). Supplement with Vitamins and Minerals and your cholesterol will lower as your body repairs itself.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Dachsie (8th January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    I refused to take the statin my doctor prescribed after reading this thread. Some here apparently dismiss our now-tiny forum, but for us remaining few it really does offer us kindred spirits "out there" a here-and-now acknowledgement that us few still exist on January 08, 2020:
    This is a good breakdown on the issue if you've not seen this video:

If you're interested watch other videos on the channel.

Statins are also designed to reduce testosterone. There's a reason why they are so heavily pushed by the same company that also sells "male enhancement" pills, Pfizer.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Ares (9th January 2020),Cebu_4_2 (8th January 2020),Dachsie (9th January 2020),Jewboo (9th January 2020)

Thanks

Dachise also look into fasting. That alone will super charge your bodies healing ability. I'm working toward a 4/20 intermittent fasting routine. (Fasting for 20 hours, and only have a 4 hour window to eat.)

HGH increases during fasting after your glycogen stores are used up which takes only a few hours on a fast. HGH and Insulin are inverse of each other. If Insulin is high, inflammation is also likely high. Insulin is low, HGH is high. HGH is responsible for fat metabolism as well as triggering cellular repair and reducing inflammation.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Dachsie (9th January 2020),Neuro (9th January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,798 Times in 5,003 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Dachise also look into fasting. That alone will super charge your bodies healing ability. I'm working toward a 4/20 intermittent fasting routine. (Fasting for 20 hours, and only have a 4 hour window to eat.)

HGH increases during fasting after your glycogen stores are used up which takes only a few hours on a fast. HGH and Insulin are inverse of each other. If Insulin is high, inflammation is also likely high. Insulin is low, HGH is high. HGH is responsible for fat metabolism as well as triggering cellular repair and reducing inflammation.
    Yes, I have been doing intermittent fasting since August 2018. 3-4 days a month I don’t follow the schedule and eat a breakfast, and sometimes I do 14 hours intermittent fasting sometimes 20. I have lost maybe 15-20 lbs, but I have lost more in fat and gained some muscle. I am not doing any exercise, only my work, which is physical in nature. I am sure the effects is from increase in human growth hormone levels, which is a rejuvenating hormone. My patients tell me I look younger. I think this may be one of the most important things you can do for longevity and health. Also helps with cleaning out “junk” from your system, when your intestines and liver gets a respite from digestion.
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Ares (9th January 2020),Dachsie (9th January 2020),Jewboo (9th January 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Yes, I have been doing intermittent fasting since August 2018. 3-4 days a month I don’t follow the schedule and eat a breakfast, and sometimes I do 14 hours intermittent fasting sometimes 20. I have lost maybe 15-20 lbs, but I have lost more in fat and gained some muscle. I am not doing any exercise, only my work, which is physical in nature. I am sure the effects is from increase in human growth hormone levels, which is a rejuvenating hormone. My patients tell me I look younger. I think this may be one of the most important things you can do for longevity and health. Also helps with cleaning out “junk” from your system, when your intestines and liver gets a respite from digestion.
    It is, I've been taking martial arts training for the past couple of years and part of that training is high intensity burn outs, basically doing a routing to the point of exhaustion. This has been shown in numerous studies to boost HGH levels by up to 2000% (Fasting + high intensity exercise). HGH is responsible for turning back the clock at a cellular level. Keep it up long enough (i.e. years,) you're looking at increasing your lifespan significantly. Some mice studies have shown an 80% increase in lifespan. I know humans are not mice, but if a mouse can increase its lifespan by fasting, it stands to reason that a human lifespan will also increase significantly as we have a slower metabolism than a mouse.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,354 Times in 5,117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dachsie View Post
    I just stumbled on this thread today and having been reading comments from latest toward the earliest - backwards that is. But I have already learned a lot. Like neuropathy comes from statins. My dear brother started taking statins years ago and I had watched a lot of videos by MDs disputing their safety and efficacy so I tried sharing that with him but I think he is still on statins and is now battling the neuropathy and I think brain fog too.

I just was told I had high cholesterol like 256 and that my ratio ldl to hdl etc was not good but my doc said he decided not to treat it for now. I just ordered a bunch of supplements to try and deal with it in my own way. I do know that statins like Lipitor and others are definitely no good. They exist to bring down a fake number of the result of a fake lab test. It is all on paper and lots of green paper to the medical mafia.
    If you haven’t already watch this video Tumbleweed posted:

http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthre...l=1#post951128
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Dachsie (9th January 2020),Jewboo (9th January 2020),Tumbleweed (9th January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Yes, fasting is something that seems even more do-able for me than moving to mostly meat and fat (keto ?) diet.
    I had to be emergency admitted and found out I had cholelithiasis (gallstones) and had very high liver enzymes and jaundice. Did not have pain or history of gallstones - just extreme uncomfortableness. I stopped eating 8 days before I went to emergency room because I would vomit after attempting to eat. I also was fasting in hospital for tests and laparoscopic surgery for several days so for like 12 or more days I did not eat and what was so amazing to me is that I was not at all hungry ever all during that time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dachsie View Post
    Yes, fasting is something that seems even more do-able for me than moving to mostly meat and fat (keto ?) diet.
    I had to be emergency admitted and found out I had cholelithiasis (gallstones) and had very high liver enzymes and jaundice. Did not have pain or history of gallstones - just extreme uncomfortableness. I stopped eating 8 days before I went to emergency room because I would vomit after attempting to eat. I also was fasting in hospital for tests and laparoscopic surgery for several days so for like 12 or more days I did not eat and what was so amazing to me is that I was not at all hungry ever all during that time.
    Check out this video. He lays out the benefits of fasting even up to 72 hours or more:

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhmtoAYVRSo

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Amanda (9th January 2020),Cebu_4_2 (9th January 2020),Dachsie (9th January 2020),midnight rambler (9th January 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,588 Times in 2,632 Posts

Check out this video. He lays out the benefits of fasting even up to 72 hours or more:

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhmtoAYVRSo
    Thanks for posting on this--I'm definitely interested in doing this. I'm hoping in a month or so I can get there.

Also, quick update on my father: he's basically NOT following the protocol. At first he did, but then since he wasn't feeling symptoms, he just stopped doing it. We got him powders to stir in juice or water 3x/day, but the retired guy can't seem to fit it in. He still does the Vitamin K2. And now he's back on sugar (cookies). I'm staying out of it and letting my mother pressure him.

He also stopped focusing on it (linus pauling protocol) b/c he got a new problem of severe arthritis in his hands. He had minor arthritis all along in his shoulder, and prior to finding out about the clogged arteries, I told him to get off the nightshades. Of course, he didn't listen to me, and went ahead and planted a whole garden full of tomatoes and was eating them by himself b/c my mother doesn't like them. So his hands blew up with extremely painful arthritis and he's pretty much disabled by it, so he hasn't been focusing on the Linus Pauling protocol, since he doesn't have symptoms from that, but the pain in his hands is severe. Anyway, he finally stopped the tomotoes, but keeps messing up the elimination of the nightshades (we read Dr. Sherry Rogers and she says get off them for 8 weeks or so and it improves arthritis in lots of people). He kept messing up, eating potatoes or peppers, and the arthritis would get worse again. So, as of Jan he's starting all over again.

So that's that.

Thanks again to everyone for the good info here. I definitely plan on getting into the fasting soon. Maybe keto too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    Thanks for posting on this--I'm definitely interested in doing this. I'm hoping in a month or so I can get there.

Also, quick update on my father: he's basically NOT following the protocol. At first he did, but then since he wasn't feeling symptoms, he just stopped doing it. We got him powders to stir in juice or water 3x/day, but the retired guy can't seem to fit it in. He still does the Vitamin K2. And now he's back on sugar (cookies). I'm staying out of it and letting my mother pressure him.

He also stopped focusing on it (linus pauling protocol) b/c he got a new problem of severe arthritis in his hands. He had minor arthritis all along in his shoulder, and prior to finding out about the clogged arteries, I told him to get off the nightshades. Of course, he didn't listen to me, and went ahead and planted a whole garden full of tomatoes and was eating them by himself b/c my mother doesn't like them. So his hands blew up with extremely painful arthritis and he's pretty much disabled by it, so he hasn't been focusing on the Linus Pauling protocol, since he doesn't have symptoms from that, but the pain in his hands is severe. Anyway, he finally stopped the tomotoes, but keeps messing up the elimination of the nightshades (we read Dr. Sherry Rogers and she says get off them for 8 weeks or so and it improves arthritis in lots of people). He kept messing up, eating potatoes or peppers, and the arthritis would get worse again. So, as of Jan he's starting all over again.

So that's that.

Thanks again to everyone for the good info here. I definitely plan on getting into the fasting soon. Maybe keto too.
    I do not know your medical history, but be careful with Keto if you have diabetes. You can put your body into a dangerous sometimes fatal condition called Diabetic Ketoacidosis.

However if you do not have diabetes, Keto will be of a huge benefit.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Amanda (10th January 2020)