Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Gold chart looking bullish; Pd to lead new PM surge?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Re: Gold chart looking bullish; Pd to lead new PM surge?

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    taking pricing from https://goldprice.org/(click Pd in the right-sidebar beside the big live candlestick chart); Pd's late Oct all time high was $1823; price atm $1700 aka 6.75% off its high.
    ~1y chart: https://www.tradingview.com/x/wX8tJzOz/

Just taking the recent multi-year highs of Au & Ag,

Au (early Sep) high $1557, now $1448, = -8%
    ~1y chart https://www.tradingview.com/x/Ow9H0MyG/

Ag (early Sep) high $19.58, now $16.70, = -14.7%
    ~ 1y chart https://www.tradingview.com/x/n7oBKjYu/
    weekend update: all 3 metals above still have their same "recent high marks" so only updating how far% each is from that high as of Fri's close (using Goldprice.org prices)

Au close $1462, -6.1%
    Ag close $16.97, -13.3%
    Pd close $1776, -2.6%
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

weekend update: all 3 metals above still have their same "recent high marks" so only updating how far% each is from that high as of Fri's close (using Goldprice.org prices)

Au close $1462, -6.1%
    Ag close $16.97, -13.3%
    Pd close $1776, -2.6%
    I feel a big price plunge coming. To be sure, any price dip is an excellent time to add to the stack. Au has done magnificently these last 20 years. Silver has been stubbornly lackluster largely because the public is so woefully ignorant of silver as money; they continue to slave away for worthless fiat to buy more crap and service debt that they needn't have created in the first place.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

PatColo (23rd November 2019)

Thanks

^ bear in mind mamboni, only Pd is so close to it's ALL TIME HIGH in my numbers there.

I just grabbed those recent highs #s for Au/Ag, both set ~2.5 months ago, coz they're both still so far off their Apr/May '11 peaks. But Au made that big 5+ year base breakout last June, & silver's recent $19.62 only takes us back to its Summer '16 peaks... long term charts tell the stories.

I'm guessing/betting on a nice Q1 2020 rally after this current consolidation completes, with Pd cutting new(er) all time highs >$2000 & Au/Ag resuming making new multi-year highs.

It's a tough call, coz Pd has its little "cold fusion" story bubbling under the surface, setting it apart from the PM complex. & Ag continues to annoy by not clearing its summer 2016 high over $21, far from it here.

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

Neuro (25th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Yes PD clearly leads the way this time. In late 00’s it was Platinum. Gold came later and last came silver. Pd is the canary in the coal (gold) mine now
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

PatColo (25th November 2019)

Thanks

muh Pd making muh new all time highs again today, as the other 3 PMs all red

snapshot: https://www.tradingview.com/x/gD6YOZws/

Thanks

According to Kitco, Pd touched $2,000.00 exactly this morning... odd cohencidence in that perfect round figure eh? But Goldprice.org doesn't quite agree, putting the day's high at $1,992.91.

I'm amending my prognostication for ongoing rallies in POG & POS into the Spring. Those 2 metals just aren't shaping up with the bullish charts which they should have by now. They can still shape up into something nice & move higher of course -- just not a bet I would make any more.

This rally has been a Pd fundamentals story, guessing re cold fusion, which the (((financial press))) can't talk about so they just drone on re "rising Pd demand in jewelry & catalytic converters..."

Thanks

kitco.com is down at this writing... so check https://goldprice.org/

nice open for the new week, gold bolted >2% higher at the open, now sustaining +1.x%

this says to me, corona joo virus = good for PMs, at least the global TEOTWAKI uncertainty... we always imagined it would be but also nice to see rally actually materialize when times really do get hot -- acid test.

saw a comment last week from some twatter-nobody that gold was at new highs in every currency EXCEPT the USD -- is this twoo?

no need to review but heck why not, Pd popped it's little 1 month "flag", from Jan 17 - Feb 17, will she touch $3K this week?

chart snapshot https://www.tradingview.com/x/wDXzNoaw/

I'll need nearly a $100 move higher, to cover last week's joo/proxy-theft of my little Honda Fit

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

madfranks (24th February 2020),woodman (24th February 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

I have been wondering if Pd will hold it's price with economy slowdown and car sales plummeting. We shall see.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    I have been wondering if Pd will hold it's price with economy slowdown and car sales plummeting. We shall see.
    ^ I've been trying to tell yawl, it's the cold fusion stupid!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

woodman (24th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

kitco.com is down at this writing...
    Thanks for the update, I did a double take when I saw this!

https://i.postimg.cc/YjczXNnG/metal-price-200224.jpg
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

16. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

PatColo (24th February 2020)