Thread: prepping tobacco

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

prepping tobacco

I wanted to share something I've been doing and I think is a good prep idea, for those that enjoy a good smoke. I recently bought 5 lbs of whole natural leaf tobacco online. I also bought a stainless steel hand operated shredder, and rolling papers.

I've been learning a bit about this, and have been shredding the leaves, and rolling my own smokes.

The tobacco is fantastic, and I could never go back to any of the big corp taxed cigarette scams again.

Also, 5 lbs of tobacco leaf is a large amount, 2 very large bags, which will probably last me several months. For around $70. I plan on ordering more, and having at least a years supply of tobacco for me and others.

I know smoking is bad, but there's a few things in life that will be worth their weight in gold during SHTF. Food, water, ammo, coffee....and tobacco.

To be able to have plenty of tobacco leaves on hand, a shredder, and able to roll smokes....that's a GREAT barter item.
    life is good.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

JDRock (25th March 2020),Neuro (27th June 2019),woodman (26th June 2019)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Re: prepping tobacco

Do they smoke good? Do they taste good? My wife used to get decent organic tobacco but it isn't available locally anymore so she smokes a different roll your own type. Not as good and probably worse healthwise. Maybe you could shoot me a note or post your source here. I am thinking she might like to try this. Sadly, I cannot even smoke cigars anymore because they mess with my heart. The smoke, when concentrated enough will get my ticker doing some bad arrhythmia. I sure miss a good smoke.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Re: prepping tobacco

Hi woodman, I ordered mine from www.leafonly.com. I ordered the north american combo, 5 lbs, canadian and american leaves.

They really do smoke and taste great. I actually don't even inhale anymore, just get a throat hit and enjoy the taste and the smooth ride. I also feel healthier as well, which is surprising because it's still smoking.

I've been very happy with my order through them, though there's a learning process. Getting the leaves the right humidity, not too dry or too moist, for shredding is one thing to learn. The manual hand shredder $40 on the site is the one I ordered.
    life is good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

woodman (26th June 2019)