Thread: prepping tobacco

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,339 Times in 2,121 Posts

prepping tobacco

I wanted to share something I've been doing and I think is a good prep idea, for those that enjoy a good smoke. I recently bought 5 lbs of whole natural leaf tobacco online. I also bought a stainless steel hand operated shredder, and rolling papers.

I've been learning a bit about this, and have been shredding the leaves, and rolling my own smokes.

The tobacco is fantastic, and I could never go back to any of the big corp taxed cigarette scams again.

Also, 5 lbs of tobacco leaf is a large amount, 2 very large bags, which will probably last me several months. For around $70. I plan on ordering more, and having at least a years supply of tobacco for me and others.

I know smoking is bad, but there's a few things in life that will be worth their weight in gold during SHTF. Food, water, ammo, coffee....and tobacco.

To be able to have plenty of tobacco leaves on hand, a shredder, and able to roll smokes....that's a GREAT barter item.
    life is good.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

Neuro (27th June 2019),woodman (26th June 2019)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 1,192 Posts

Re: prepping tobacco

Do they smoke good? Do they taste good? My wife used to get decent organic tobacco but it isn't available locally anymore so she smokes a different roll your own type. Not as good and probably worse healthwise. Maybe you could shoot me a note or post your source here. I am thinking she might like to try this. Sadly, I cannot even smoke cigars anymore because they mess with my heart. The smoke, when concentrated enough will get my ticker doing some bad arrhythmia. I sure miss a good smoke.
    " If you are on the wrong road progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man. There is nothing progressive about being pig-headed and refusing to admit a mistake. And I think if you look at the present state of the world it's pretty plain that humanity has been making some big mistake. We're on the wrong road. And if that is so we must go back. Going back is the quickest way on. ---C. S. Lewis

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,339 Times in 2,121 Posts

Re: prepping tobacco

Hi woodman, I ordered mine from www.leafonly.com. I ordered the north american combo, 5 lbs, canadian and american leaves.

They really do smoke and taste great. I actually don't even inhale anymore, just get a throat hit and enjoy the taste and the smooth ride. I also feel healthier as well, which is surprising because it's still smoking.

I've been very happy with my order through them, though there's a learning process. Getting the leaves the right humidity, not too dry or too moist, for shredding is one thing to learn. The manual hand shredder $40 on the site is the one I ordered.
    life is good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

woodman (26th June 2019)