Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Who the fuck are you to question my entitlement??

  1. #21
    Brew Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,729
    Thanks
    2,082
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,320 Posts

    Re: Who the fuck are you to question my entitlement??

    Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Water at a drink station in fast food restaurants is strictly tap water, no filters or purifiers in use. Anyone who thinks a fast food restaurant (or any restaurant for that matter) is going to go to the expense of buying and maintaining any water filters or purifiers is out of touch with reality.
    The brewpub I worked at had filtered water. Ice was crystal clear. I maintained all the filters because it was important, and the customers really appreciated it.
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

  2. #22
    Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19,924
    Thanks
    20,522
    Thanked 10,032 Times in 6,091 Posts

    Re: Who the fuck are you to question my entitlement??

    Restaurants, especially fast food restaurants, don't have extra money to throw at such things that people will never notice, pay attention to, or even ask about. Filtering/purifying water doesn't give a ROI so why bother? In my business I have some experience dealing with restaurants, and take my word for it they don't have the money to cover the essentials (like keeping up their building). It's gotta to the point I don't even bother with restaurants because they just will not spend money on the essentials, they just as soon let their buildings rot around them.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle

    "If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

    "It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

  3. #23
    Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19,924
    Thanks
    20,522
    Thanked 10,032 Times in 6,091 Posts

    Re: Who the fuck are you to question my entitlement??

    Quote Originally Posted by BrewTech View Post
    The brewpub I worked at had filtered water. Ice was crystal clear. I maintained all the filters because it was important, and the customers really appreciated it.
    Brewpubs have more cash to spend than restaurants, plus they need filtered water for their brews. Restaurant management are the cheapest fuckers I've ever encountered.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle

    "If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

    "It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

  4. #24
    Brew Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,729
    Thanks
    2,082
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,320 Posts

    Re: Who the fuck are you to question my entitlement??

    Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Brewpubs have more cash to spend than restaurants, plus they need filtered water for their brews. Restaurant management are the cheapest fuckers I've ever encountered.
    While I don't dispute your point, the restaurant had separate filters for the brewery and restaurant. Brewery was mandatory, the restaurant filters were considered a good investment in quality.
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

  5. #25
    Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19,924
    Thanks
    20,522
    Thanked 10,032 Times in 6,091 Posts

    Re: Who the fuck are you to question my entitlement??

    I can name national chain restaurants whose management prefers letting their buildings rot into the ground around them rather than do crucial upkeep, and they aren't fast food outlets.

    In total contrast is Chick-fil-a management. They get things fixed immediately/practice zero deferred maintenance, when they aren't totally or partially remodeling.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle

    "If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

    "It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

  6. #26
    Dangerous Donald Neuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Absurdistan
    Posts
    20,642
    Thanks
    8,307
    Thanked 7,194 Times in 4,690 Posts

    Re: Who the fuck are you to question my entitlement??

    Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Soda is cheaper than purified water everywhere.

    Nobody stole anything, guy just chose something he wasn't supposed to and should not have attempt at being managed (obviously)
    Moral relativism... He didn’t steal anything because you think so? A few years ago, there was a music festival in our little town, my children made home made Ice Tea (made with tap water) which they sold at the street outside our house to the festival goers. You think you have just the right to help yourself to a glass of their ice tea, because it was cheap to make vs some fancy filtered water?
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

  7. #27
    Dangerous Donald Neuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Absurdistan
    Posts
    20,642
    Thanks
    8,307
    Thanked 7,194 Times in 4,690 Posts

    Re: Who the fuck are you to question my entitlement??

    Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Soda is cheaper than purified water everywhere.

    Nobody stole anything, guy just chose something he wasn't supposed to and should not have attempt at being managed (obviously)
    Moral relativism... He didn’t steal anything because you think so? A few years ago, there was a music festival in our little town, my children made home made Ice Tea (made with tap water) which they sold at the street outside our house to the festival goers. You think you have just the right to help yourself to a glass of their ice tea, because it was cheap to make vs some fancy filtered water?
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

  8. #28
    .999 Unobtanium Horn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Out
    Posts
    25,097
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked 2,738 Times in 2,254 Posts

    Re: Who the fuck are you to question my entitlement??

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Moral relativism... He didn’t steal anything because you think so? A few years ago, there was a music festival in our little town, my children made home made Ice Tea (made with tap water) which they sold at the street outside our house to the festival goers. You think you have just the right to help yourself to a glass of their ice tea, because it was cheap to make vs some fancy filtered water?
    Not sure how this example has anything to do with the related story. Our story here has some bum being given a cuo to help himself to a fountain of choices. Maybe he asked for water maybe he was directed to water, and then again because it appears as a repeated daily offering from the manager he might have not been directed to take only water on this particular day, but only assumed to be directed by any number of previous days directions to water only. Its not stealing but an entitlement choice as the thread title states. And one that should be managed by the offering of the cup in the first place, not managing the cupees choice of similarly priced readily available products thereafter. Could be the choice was easily mistaken from a formerly robotic habitual purchased cop of soda.

    Your motion is denied, but a follow punch to the face, however desired, certainly unwarranted.

  9. #29
    Unobtanium osoab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    15,325
    Thanks
    3,265
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,419 Posts

    Re: Who the fuck are you to question my entitlement??

    Back when I frequented such establishments the water cups were small 2 oz cups. Is this still in practice?
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

    "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

  10. #30
    Dangerous Donald Neuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Absurdistan
    Posts
    20,642
    Thanks
    8,307
    Thanked 7,194 Times in 4,690 Posts

    Re: Who the fuck are you to question my entitlement??

    Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Not sure how this example has anything to do with the related story. Our story here has some bum being given a cuo to help himself to a fountain of choices. Maybe he asked for water maybe he was directed to water, and then again because it appears as a repeated daily offering from the manager he might have not been directed to take only water on this particular day, but only assumed to be directed by any number of previous days directions to water only. Its not stealing but an entitlement choice as the thread title states. And one that should be managed by the offering of the cup in the first place, not managing the cupees choice of similarly priced readily available products thereafter. Could be the choice was easily mistaken from a formerly robotic habitual purchased cop of soda.

    Your motion is denied, but a follow punch to the face, however desired, certainly unwarranted.
    Right, thanks for giving me the bigger picture...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

    Horn (21st July 2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •