Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't ever buy an RV trailer from Waren Buffet's Forest River company

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Re: Don't ever buy an RV trailer from Waren Buffet's Forest River company

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    Works great and doesn't want to quit.
    This statement is a sure way to attract bad karma.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

RV refrigerators have no moving parts to break as they are ammonia based absorption systems. It’s always the electronic controls. Using dinosaur boards solves that problem. There would have to be a leak for an absorption system to quit working and that’s so rare as to not be a concern.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Hitch (12th August 2019),old steel (12th August 2019)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    RV refrigerators have no moving parts to break as they are ammonia based absorption systems. It’s always the electronic controls. Using dinosaur boards solves that problem. There would have to be a leak for an absorption system to quit working and that’s so rare as to not be a concern.
    Well said midnight. In my case, my fridge has a safety check in place. When the propane kicks on, if the igniter doesn't catch the gas right and ignite, the fridge would display a "check" light and shut off. Well, I'd leave for the day, come back and find the fridge shut down. I'd have to manually turn it off and on again. My food would go bad if that happens. I understand it's for safety and to stop propane from leaking.

With the dinosaur board, the same thing happens. Except, the dinosaur board waits 15 minutes and tries to ignite again. It keeps trying every 15 minutes, until the gas ignites. I don't have to check on the fridge or worry about my food going bad, the dinosaur board does the work for me. Works great. My fridge has run non stop with that board for about 5 years.

If I ever buy a new RV, the first thing I'd do is replace the fridge board and upgrade to the dinosaur.
    life is good.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

Cebu_4_2 (12th August 2019),midnight rambler (12th August 2019),old steel (12th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,726 Times in 1,502 Posts

Are the dinosaur boards more reasonably priced than the originals?

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by old steel View Post
    Are the dinosaur boards more reasonably priced than the originals?
    I found a parts dealer online that has some of their boards. They are priced at $99. I bought mine through a local RV parts shop, I remember paying about that price as well.

https://www.partsfortechs.com/asapca...yword=dinosaur
    life is good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

old steel (13th August 2019)