Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't ever buy an RV trailer from Waren Buffet's Forest River company

Thanks
    Thanked 2,726 Times in 1,502 Posts

Don't ever buy an RV trailer from Waren Buffet's Forest River company

Got a fifth wheel 36.5' Sierra from them back in the fall of 2015.

Nothing but problems.

Weatherstripping pulls off around the windows when you put out the slides so you spend hours putting it back in place with a screwdriver.

The LED signal/brake lights have 11 Leds in them and one side totally quit and the other has 5 out of eleven that flash but only sometimes.

Brake lights? Forget it.

Carbon monoxide detector would not stop beeping so i had to cut the wires and pull it, try and cook on the propane stove and the heat/smoke detector goes off.

The soft close drawers in the cabinets fly open on the road unless you zip tie them together.

Before we figured it out a couple drawers opened on the road and when we put out the slides they both got crunched.

Had to rebuild them and then order the soft close metal slides to put them back.

Three freaking times they sent the wrong parts so we been down two drawers for a long time now.

Worst of all the full size fridge just up and quit, nothing but EO message and after all the testing the dealer can't tell me if it is the electronic board in the power panel or the one inside the fridge controls, $500.00 for one and $400.00 for the other one.

It's nothing more than a $65000.00 boat anchor and at this point and i'm about to send his company the angriest customer review i can muster up.

How can an American company produce such a big unreliable piece of shit and stay in business?

Is it any wonder he is a billionaire?

Make a shitty RV and con anyone who buys it for huge dollars.

Fuck you Warren Buffet!!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to old steel For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (11th August 2019),monty (12th August 2019),skidmark (11th August 2019),woodman (12th August 2019)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Re: Don't ever buy an RV trailer from Waren Buffet's Forest River company

Refrigerator is either a Norcold or Dometic, problem is with the fridge not the POS 5er you got snakebit on.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks

Yup Dometic.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Dometic has really gone downhill.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks

It's all the electronics/chips.

Our old heavy tandem bumper pull had everything that worked from day one and in 20 years we didn't even replace a flat tire.

Lights worked, fridge worked and never stopped in 20 years.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to old steel For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (11th August 2019),woodman (12th August 2019)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

I have an old friend that worked in those trailer plants most of his life. His stories are many and they are eye opening. Most of the manufacturers there operate on the same principals and share a constantly rotating pool of employees. Do not buy anything that comes out of Elkhart Indiana.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Ares (12th August 2019),midnight rambler (12th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

The lights maybe because the cable going to the car is damaged. I have the same issue with my RV trailer from -74. Need to change that cable. Apart from that mine seems to work much better than yours. I payed $600 for mine. It has this non-compressor fridge, that works by heating up the coolant, which creates the pressure that drives the fridge. It can run on electricity or on gas...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by old steel View Post
    It's all the electronics/chips.

Our old heavy tandem bumper pull had everything that worked from day one and in 20 years we didn't even replace a flat tire.

Lights worked, fridge worked and never stopped in 20 years.

You should have kept it!
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    I have an old friend that worked in those trailer plants most of his life. His stories are many and they are eye opening. Most of the manufacturers there operate on the same principals and share a constantly rotating pool of employees. Do not buy anything that comes out of Elkhart Indiana.
    I can attest to that. I worked in many a factory out of Elkhart after I returned from the military. Exactly like you said, a rotating pool of employee's. They don't feel like they're being heard, or are being offered more money at a different manufacturer they'll up and leave. Turnover is relatively high, as is the illegal aliens.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

woodman (12th August 2019)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

old steel, my fridge in my old RV has been running non stop for 7 years. The fridge is from 1995. I upgraded the board to a dinosaur board years back. The guy from dinosaur talked me through the install over the phone. Works great and doesn't want to quit.

https://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/
    life is good.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

old steel (12th August 2019)