Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Trust the Mainstream Media?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,125 Posts

Do You Trust the Mainstream Media?

In 1990 when the Soviet Union collapsed, the portion of the population that had any trust in their 'media' was much closer to zero. They didn't have the internet.

Consider what the MSM is doing to Ron Paul. What good reason would anyone have to trust the MSM?

Hatha

http://www.naturalnews.com/033667_ma...lic_trust.html

Public trust in mainstream media remains near all-time low, says new Gallup poll

Saturday, September 24, 2011 by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer

(NaturalNews) Creeping up just slightly over last year's figures, the percentage of Americans who say they have a "great deal" or "fair amount" of trust in the mainstream media to report full, accurate, and balanced news is now teetering around 44 percent, according to a recent Gallup poll.

Last October, we reported that only 43 percent of Americans surveyed put any sort of stock in the mass media to report news honestly and fairly, which at the time represented the lowest level of trust in the media since 1973 (http://www.naturalnews.com/029931_d...).

When accounting for a reasonable margin of error, however, both figures can be considered roughly equal, as they represent widespread distrust among Americans of the mainstream news that is constantly peddled to them as truth.

On the flip side, 55 percent of respondents said they have little or no trust at all in the legitimacy of mass media. Depending on their political affiliations, surveyed individuals provided different reasons for not trusting the media, including beliefs that it is "too liberal" or "too conservative," but many simply do not trust it as accurate.

Based on the same survey, Gallup found that 47 percent of people think the media is "too liberal," while only 13 percent think it is "too conservative." Thirty-six percent said they think the news media is "just about right," and these individuals are likely also the same ones who hold a fair amount or great deal of trust in said media.

It really is not a surprise that Americans are losing trust in their once-cherished media staples. After all, it is now becoming common knowledge that "The Big Six" -- General Electric, Walt Disney, News Corp, Time Warner, Viacom, and CBS -- own a dominant share of the media today.

To view an extensive media ownership chart compiled by Free Press, visit:
    http://www.freepress.net/ownership/...

It is for the 55 percent of Americans who now see through the lies of the mainstream media that we do what we do here at NaturalNews. By presenting news that never gets reported, as well as a unique perspective on the news that does, those who are "awake" can continue to become informed and educated in the truth. And eventually, this will hopefully spread to the other 45 percent as well.
    Cosmic justice is getting what you deserve.

Thanks
    I trust the MSM... to LIE to me!
    There are two kinds of people in this world:
    People who just want to be left alone, and
    People who won't leave them alone.

No coercion, no fraud. Let rationality and liberty prevail! A=A
    Love with your heart... for everything else, use your brain!

"Gold is very patient. Are you?" -mamboni
    "Government has NO business being in the 'business' business" -Gaillo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts
    i trust them to report sports & the Olympics.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts
    MSM is purely propaganda, a toxic mix of truth and lies. But you cannot always separate the two. For the average person, the risks of exposure to the MSM fair outweigh the benefits. Personally, I had foresaken any and all exposure several years ago. The clarity of thought and strength of purpose I have enjoyed since have been life changing. Now, when I see or hear the MSM, it appears as some foreign intelligence, obvious in it's malevolence and manipulation. The most valuable possession one has is time; and time is far too precious to waste on the MSM.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    I could never trust the likes of fox cnn msnbc etc etc! Propaganda at its worst... and at its best! 8-)
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts
    I trust them as much as i trust a zionist to treat me fairly in business dealings
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

Great Value Carrots willie pete's Avatar
    Thanks
    are you serious? ...is that a Joke?
    If you don't think to good, don't think too much

Thanks
    I was hoping this would be a poll.
    The more you live, the less you will die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ If you want to be somebody else, change your mind.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts
    No more than I trust the Internet!
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Electrum
    Thanks
    The short answer is NO... and the U.S should only be compared to other nations that have similar "gullability" or "sheeple spell"... Russians knew better. Just take my word for it and don't argue