Thread: My primary EDC has evolved into this

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

My primary EDC has evolved into this

Glock 26, either Gen 4 or 5 (have both), (or Glock 33) Crimson Trace green laser/light combo, Tru-Glo TFO Pro night sights, Xgrip sleeve on a Glock 19 magazine for 5 more rounds, and at this time I'm using the Techna belt clip instead of a holster carrying at 4 o'clock. The grip with the Xgrip on the magazine is very different from the Glock 19 due to that hump on the lower portion of the Glock subcompacts, however the grip is lower profile overall on the Glock 26 in this configuration than the Glock 19. Subcompact slide with a grip the size of a Glock 19, it's like this configuration is a hybrid Glock 26X.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks

Re: My primary EDC has evolved into this

I just keep it simple.

Thanks

Cool, very concealable.

I’ve been down to a single round when a shit storm ended, I intend not to run that low on ammo again. In this configuration there’s 16 rounds of 9mm +P in the pistol and at least another 34 rounds on me for a total of 50 rounds, and I’m still not comfortable with that bare minimum I think I should carry more.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

My everyday carry now is a Stainless Kimber target II in 45 acp. I'd bought one a year or two ago for my niece to carry because she wanted one. She drives alone a lot in big open empty country day and night. I never get to shoot it so I got one for myself. Since it's winter and I'm pretty much always wearing shirt jackets I just carry it in a paddle holster. I've been carrying my G33 that way too rather than in a shoulder rig. I could pack the Kimber and the Glock in the shoulder rig comfortably at the same time if I wanted too. The Kimber shoots good and I'm having fun shooting frozen cow turds when ever I take a notion too.

We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (30th January 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    My everyday carry now is a Stainless Kimber target II in 45 acp. I'd bought one a year or two ago for my niece to carry because she wanted one. She drives alone a lot in big open empty country day and night. I never get to shoot it so I got one for myself. Since it's winter and I'm pretty much always wearing shirt jackets I just carry it in a paddle holster. I've been carrying my G33 that way too rather than in a shoulder rig. I could pack the Kimber and the Glock in the shoulder rig comfortably at the same time if I wanted too. The Kimber shoots good and I'm having fun shooting frozen cow turds when ever I take a notion too.

That looks like a nice gun. The frozen cow turd thing is epic bro!
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

7. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (30th January 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    That looks like a nice gun. The frozen cow turd thing is epic bro!
    They make great targets and the cows are continually making more.

I blew one all too shit a little while ago when I was done feeding the cattle and coming in for something to eat and a cup of coffee.
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

woodman (30th January 2020)

Thanks

Many years ago I was all in on .45 ACP and dissed 9 sillymeter. I have now abandoned .45 ACP entirely and gone long on 9mm with .357 Sig is my second fave, bonded bullets make all the difference, so does shot placement. I used to have a Wilson custom .45 (Colt Series 70 Mark 4) I acquired from Chip McCormick and it was truly sweet yet I traded it for a Benelli M4.

Bill and Ken have some interesting things to say -

Thanks

^ I'm going to keep my G33 for a lot of reasons and I'll keep right on packing it. Right at the moment though I'm having fun with this .45
    Birth till Death