Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Re: 20 million now quarantined in China from Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    China's economy is disintegrating -

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...proaching-zero

China is at a standstill, at least 760 million under residential lockdown -

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/15/b...-lockdown.html
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Most pharma meds are indeed trash but anti-biotics do have their place. Perhaps colloidal silver will fit the bill, but perhaps not. Anti-biotics have been the ingredient that has helped balloon the world's population to where it is today. Places, such as Africa and India with their filth and squalor, would certainly have kept to traditional population densities without the addition of anti-biotics. Say what you will and there is plenty bad about them, but I am certain they have saved my life in the past.

As for neuro's post above: There are certainly many conflating forces that will lead to inflation but so many other currents that will lead to deflation also. It is very difficult to see where exactly this is heading, financially. The forecast does call for pain, no matter what else. If a lot of old people, like most of us here, die off, then there will be a glut of housing opening up. It will be difficult to get many of the unimportant things that we all feel we need so bad and even more difficult to get many of the things we really do need. Then again, if older people are removed, the possessions are left for the survivors.

If there is a lot of cash chasing fewer products, then there will be inflation. Without the supplies feeding production, jobs also will be sidelined, leading to interrupted cash flow into pockets that can ill afford it because as we all know, it costs money to pay the bills and the bills don't stop. So this leads to deflation. Whee! What a ride! We will no doubt, come through this stronger.

Us childless geezers are ironically more content now in Clown World then those of you with children and grandchildren. Just in my lifetime alone it is glaring that humans=pathogens. Humans have just in these past 70 years systematically converted this once-pristine paradise planet into a now totally-polluted toxic planetary turd. All water must now be filtered before drinking. The air we breathe in most towns and all cities is absolutely polluted poison. The best thing that could happen to planet Earth is the complete extermination of ALL humans. All 7.8 billion of us pathogens. Meanwhile back on topic:

1) Coronavirus and common cold/flu also enter through our eyes just not nose and mouth. These masks only prevent the wearer from spreading the infection. These masks do not protect the wearer from eye infection. The government of Singapore officially declares: "Masks only prevent the wearer from spreading the infection. Do not wear a mask unless you are infected!" This policy alone would prevent the now-worldwide mask shortage. Personal protection must include a good mask and proper goggles that seal around the edge.

2) Antibiotics are absolutely critical for us geezers. Most other prescription meds are poison.

3) Because of (1) above, China and already thirty plus other countries are experiencing pandemics. Results will be (duh) simply logical: mass illness...eventually nobody goes to work...shortages of food and all essentials. Ponce's ultimate wet dream: China isn't "going back to work" in a week or two to restart Earth's Supply Chain. USA can't now bring back all its factories it shipped to China either. Forget about quaint GIM1 monetary "inflation vs deflation" notions. Our paper dollar bills will be massively contagious from snot virus cooties and people won't handle cash anymore. Neuro currently now has more immediate issues like flying in and out of cootie-infected Turkish and European airports.

Stockpiling/social isolation is the most logical cope of Clown World today...thus my avatar.

The Government will give every household a pack of four masks. Mask collection will start at designated RC Centres and CCs from 2pm on Saturday, 1 Feb 2020. As of 9 Feb 2020, the deadline for the mask colection will be extended to 29 Feb 2020. From 10 February 2020 to 29 February 2020, local households that were unable to collect their masks earlier can collect them at their constituency’s community clubs.

Each local household is entitled to collect a pack of 4 masks. Bring your NRIC for verification. You can locate your local Community club at www.maskgowhere.gov.sg.

Please remember that the masks are for those who are sick. There is no need to wear a mask if you are well.

To learn how and where to use a mask, read more here.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks

Do not wear a mask unless you are infected!
    Well how exactly is one supposed to know whether one is infected when:

Some people only experience mild symptoms such as a sore throat
    Some people are asymptomatic while they're carrying/spreading
    The tests are giving false negatives, in one case the first four out of five tests were negative, fifth was positive
    The test kits are not readily available to the average city dweller
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks

Most stupid advice ever.

Do not wear a mask unless you are infected!
    Many causes contribute to this undercounting.

First, the prevailing diagnostic test for COVID-19 may be only 30 to 40 percent accurate. Some carriers who took the diagnostic test were falsely cleared and erroneously excluded from the official tally.
    Second, the diagnostic test itself is scarce. Tests are rationed for the most obviously symptomatic patients. But carriers can be asymptomatic. And they can be contagious before they even show signs of infection.
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/lew-...ituation-worse

Thanks

All of Hubei province in full residential lockdown. Hubei is a major industrial province, literally boatloads of our 'necessities' originate from Hubei province. This is mega and makes S-11 look like a picnic on a sunny spring day.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/poli...lockdown-china

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

Just in my lifetime alone it is glaring that humans=pathogens. Humans have just in these past 70 years systematically converted this once-pristine paradise planet into a now totally-polluted toxic planetary turd. All water must now be filtered before drinking. The air we breathe in most towns and all cities is absolutely polluted poison. The best thing that could happen to planet Earth is the complete extermination of ALL humans. All 7.8 billion of us pathogens. Meanwhile back on topic:

Stockpiling/social isolation is the most logical cope of Clown World today...thus my avatar.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...EA5A&FORM=VIRE
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

7. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (16th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    1) Coronavirus and common cold/flu also enter through our eyes just not nose and mouth. These masks only prevent the wearer from spreading the infection. These masks do not protect the wearer from eye infection. The government of Singapore officially declares: "Masks only prevent the wearer from spreading the infection. Do not wear a mask unless you are infected!"
    Just because the flu can be spread thru your eye doesn't mean that it is just as likely to be caught thru eyes as mouth/nose. Your eyes do not inhale so I would presume nose/mouth to be the more likely way to catch it and I would certainly wear a mask to protect myself if it ever gets to this part of the country.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post

Your eyes do not inhale so I would presume nose/mouth to be the more likely way to catch it and I would certainly wear a mask to protect myself if it ever gets to this part of the country.

People cough and sneeze and those virus cooties obviously enter our eyes. There is a logical reason why THESE GOOGLES with sealed padded edges are sold out along with the masks worldwide. Mine (most popular) arrived from Amazon on Monday and they are all now out-of-stock. BTW...my $1.80 3M Valved masks are being gouged for $9 each now on eBay...

"presume"
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Looks like The Simpsons was onto it years ago. Check out the virus map similarities.
    https://twitter.com/o_rips/status/1228892621843550208

https://twitter.com/JoeLetsPlay/stat...722560/photo/1
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

I don’t give a fuck about wearing a mask. I’m in Bangkok. We will all die anyway. The notion that you can protect yourself against a virus by staying away from it is silly. Go down and live the rest of your lives in your root cellar bolted from the inside and you may be successful... Otherwise the facts are that at this stage millions have been in contact with the infection, tens of thousands have experienced symptoms severe enough to be registered as infected and a couple of thousands have died. That’s it, why focus on the bad end of the spectrum of this. The worry this is creating worldwide so far has probably created more deaths in heart attacks than virus deaths. The economic meltdown the fear will create will cause even more deaths.
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

hoarder (17th February 2020),Jewboo (16th February 2020),monty (17th February 2020),Tumbleweed (17th February 2020),woodman (17th February 2020)