Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: 20 million now quarantined in China from Coronavirus

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,539 Times in 6,403 Posts

Re: 20 million now quarantined in China from Coronavirus

So we can expect shortages!
    That's an understatement. I see this getting to biblical proportions, I hope I'm wrong.

To quote Ponce:

...and many will die.
    Very few outside China get what's going down. China is not turning the corner on this in the foreseeable future meanwhile nothing is getting produced, transported, etc. everything totally shut down except for .gov authorized vehicles (at least in Hubei province*, no telling where else). Even if they immediately went back to work the snafu in production is still going to take years to get back to what can be considered 'normal' by past JIT metrics. And the longer this goes the more magnified it gets. The next 60-90 is the time frame I'm giving before only those living in a cave don't know about "China caught a cold."

*Hubei province is home to 58.5 million people and there is a significant part of China's industry located in Hubei
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

monty (Today),Neuro (Today),woodman (Today)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,900 Times in 1,329 Posts

Re: 20 million now quarantined in China from Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    A lot of cash but nothing to buy with it= HYPERINFLATION! It’s important to realize that China supply much more than shitty toys and simple trinkets nowadays. Even if a machine is supplied from somewhere that is not China, most likely it will have parts that are manufactured in China. Of course these parts or even complex machines could also be manufactured elsewhere, but probably will not happen immediately as it takes time and large investments to build capacity. In the west the sentiment among the investors has turned directly against investing in manufacturing the last 30 years, and that sentiment will also take time to change.

So we can expect shortages!
    Hold on to cash. Hold on to metals. Hold on to tangible items. Keep your credit in good shape. Keep good relations with your neighbors and always keep your long guns handy.

Even more important: Always have a smile for a pretty lady and keep joy in your heart, because life is good and will run out soon enough.
    " If you are on the wrong road progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man. There is nothing progressive about being pig-headed and refusing to admit a mistake. And I think if you look at the present state of the world it's pretty plain that humanity has been making some big mistake. We're on the wrong road. And if that is so we must go back. Going back is the quickest way on. ---C. S. Lewis

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (Today),monty (Today),Neuro (Today)