Page 23 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 million now quarantined in China from Coronavirus

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Re: 20 million now quarantined in China from Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    A lot of cash but nothing to buy with it= HYPERINFLATION! It’s important to realize that China supply much more than shitty toys and simple trinkets nowadays. Even if a machine is supplied from somewhere that is not China, most likely it will have parts that are manufactured in China. Of course these parts or even complex machines could also be manufactured elsewhere, but probably will not happen immediately as it takes time and large investments to build capacity. In the west the sentiment among the investors has turned directly against investing in manufacturing the last 30 years, and that sentiment will also take time to change.

So we can expect shortages!
    Hold on to cash. Hold on to metals. Hold on to tangible items. Keep your credit in good shape. Keep good relations with your neighbors and always keep your long guns handy.

Even more important: Always have a smile for a pretty lady and keep joy in your heart, because life is good and will run out soon enough.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (18th February 2020),monty (18th February 2020),Neuro (18th February 2020)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

So we can expect shortages!
    It is suggested one develop a checklist of what one may not be able to get in the future, that which is essential to everyday life.

I've over 30 pairs of new shoes in my closet. At the rate they last me I easily have over ten years worth, longer if I were to take better care of them and rotate them. Some I have are still useful at well over one year old. Guess where these shoes were made.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (18th February 2020),woodman (18th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post

II is suggested one develop a checklist of what one may not be able to get in the future, that which is essential to everyday life.
    Best advice in this thread. Most of it did only come from China...
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    It is suggested one develop a checklist of what one may not be able to get in the future, that which is essential to everyday life.

I've over 30 pairs of new shoes in my closet. At the rate they last me I easily have over ten years worth, longer if I were to take better care of them and rotate them. Some I have are still useful at well over one year old. Guess where these shoes were made.
    Quality shoes are so important. Now days, all shoes seem to be made in China. I have developed plantar fasciitis, which necessitates high quality footwear. I recently gave away all my old boots and shoes, which were all very good quality. They just weren't up to snuff. It may be difficult to get footwear from here on out. I would say to order what you need now, if you anticipate any personal need within the next year. Supply lines will be cut because of this virus.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

7. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (18th February 2020)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

Imagine America's children wearing hand-me-down shoes*, so long as they can find them in usable condition.

*I'm sure the other Asian countries with shoe factories will be doing their best to pick up the slack

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...-fast-emerging
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Quality shoes are so important. Now days, all shoes seem to be made in China. I have developed plantar fasciitis, which necessitates high quality footwear. I recently gave away all my old boots and shoes, which were all very good quality. They just weren't up to snuff. It may be difficult to get footwear from here on out. I would say to order what you need now, if you anticipate any personal need within the next year. Supply lines will be cut because of this virus.
    Plantar fasciitis= inflammation of connective tissue under the feet. Very common if you have tensions in the feet from being out of musculoskeletal balance. Go to a good chiropractor who adjust and correct the function of any joint that don’t function properly. Make sure he checks your feet, knees, hips, pelvis and the rest of the spine. If he suggests doing ultrasound and electric therapy, chances are he doesn’t really get it, and prefers to treat your secondary symptoms temporarily, instead of correcting underlying problems. In that case go to a different chiropractor.
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

hoarder (19th February 2020),woodman (19th February 2020)

Thanks

Gold is over $1600 and silver is finally on the move, maybe this is what we've all been waiting for...?
    Secrets in Plain Sight - A side splitting yet fascinating mockumentary for the archaeologicaly inept and wilfully ignorant.
    "I literaly couldn't stop laughing" - Rolling Stone Magazine "Its like watching a train wreck, but funnier" - NYT

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aeondaze View Post
    Gold is over $1600 and silver is finally on the move, maybe this is what we've all been waiting for...?
    Wuhuu!
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Platinum
    Thanks

Chinese need some progenitorivox to help them, not to cure them, but to help with the symptoms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgoB2h_Wkco

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aeondaze View Post
    Wilver needs to move to 35+ frns to make me look.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken