Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunbelts

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Gunbelts

I have been loosing weight and I need a new belt. I figured this is the opportune time to get a high quality belt that will support a gun's weight. I have been looking at these: https://gunbelts.com/?msclkid=e82f16...6348b4a85cf744 but I am not really sure. Shelling out $70 for a belt is a little pricey and I was wondering if any one had any input. The biggest thing I am worried about is comfort. These have a steel core and therefore won't stretch to my form and I'm worried that comfort will be an issue.

What do you guys use?
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Re: Gunbelts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    I have been loosing weight and I need a new belt. I figured this is the opportune time to get a high quality belt that will support a gun's weight. I have been looking at these: https://gunbelts.com/?msclkid=e82f16...6348b4a85cf744 but I am not really sure. Shelling out $70 for a belt is a little pricey and I was wondering if any one had any input. The biggest thing I am worried about is comfort. These have a steel core and therefore won't stretch to my form and I'm worried that comfort will be an issue.

What do you guys use?
    \

That "steel core" doesn't look very comfortable.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

woodman (5th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

I generally don't wear belts because they are uncomfortable when i sit down. I do own a few stiff leather belts, about 1 1/2", for those few occasions when I wear a holster. I carry crossdraw. Around the yard I simply carry a 44 special snubby in my back pocket. I also have a couple of nice leather shoulder holsters.
    Wearing strong side holsters does not agree with me. They are useless if you get in and out of vehicles. Try drawing from seated position, your elbow hits the back of the seat before your hand finds the gun. Even standing, it's take a lot less range of motion to clear leather crossdraw.
    I noticed shoulder holsters contribute to fatigue because the weight is carried on the spine, much worse if riding motorcycle, 4 wheeler or horse.
    So about the only time I wear a belt and holster is when I'm hiking in serious Grizzly country and carrying my 44 Magnum.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I am leaning toward getting a wide, thick, plain leather belt. I just don't think I could put up with the steel core and zero flex. I do not have a holster at all and will have to look into them. I figured the belt holster would be good but as Hoarder says, there may be issues with that type of carry. I do want to be able to have a holstered weapon without it being visible though. Not sure what a crossdraw is, but will look into it.

I've been looking for a wallet also, as my old biker wallet is falling apart after many years. Sounds like you ride a bike, hoarder. I do ride a motorcycle but not that often anymore. It tends to get a little boring after a while, here in the flatlands. Actually it is rolling hills around here with much forest and it is good to clear the mind occasionally on a motorcycle. I remember riding horses with girlfriends when I was young and that was fun too, but my mind was on riding the girls mostly.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

hoarder (5th February 2020)

Thanks

With your arm hanging by your side, look where your waistline is in relation to your hand. If your wrist is near your waist, strong side may work for you.
    I haven't ridden motorcycles in a dozen years, but I have several ATV's. Montana isn't fun for motorcycles because all you have is dirt roads and highways with extreme high limits. Texas hill country was wonderful for riding motorcycles, especially Gillespie County. I very seldom ride horses. 4 wheelers just about everyday.
    https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads...a-ride.192752/

Thanks

BTW, most holsters will not accept any belt wider than 1 1/2".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    BTW, most holsters will not accept any belt wider than 1 1/2".
    That is very useful information.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

I've got an Urban Carry gunbelt that's really good. It was a little stiff to begin with but has held up well wearing it everyday. Nice leather and heavy. I've packed my G33 in a Bladeteck paddle holster a lot. I've been packing a 1911 in a Safariland paddle holster. A paddle holster that you can adjust the tilt angle is nice. I pack my guns all the time on my belt in and out of tractors, atvs, in pickups, dinner table chairs, my recliner and horseback. The paddle holsters ride high on your belt and stay up out of the way and that's why I like them.

I can draw my pistols when I'm seated fairly fast and easy with these holsters too. I like how the pistols snap in and out and you can adjust the tension that holds the pistol as well as the angle of your draw.

Here's a link to the Urban Carry belts and I think they're on sale. Their holsters sound like a good idea but they aren't worth a tinkers damn. They're uncomfortable and don't work like they show you in the videos but they do have nice belts.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/urban-...IaAtPFEALw_wcB
    We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (5th February 2020),woodman (5th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

THE BEST REVIEWED GUN BELT ON AMAZON

Tumbleweed's suggestion is also on Amazon.

Few months ago I searched for a new belt because my old Bianci black belt was rubbing off the black dye and staining my pants. Back then I didn't see a better belt so instead just sealed my old belt so it doesn't stain my pants anymore.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (6th February 2020),woodman (5th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

^ That review on Amazon is the truth from my experience with the Urban Carry belts. I think I've had mine for three or more years and it's gotten more limber but not out of shape in any way. I tend to scratch and scrape the hell out of things I'm using everyday but this belt doesn't really show much of any wear.

The English Bridle leather Urban Carry belts they speak of at their site is really good stuff.
    We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown