Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abby Martin suing over GA's anti-Izzy-BDS oath

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Abby Martin suing over GA's anti-Izzy-BDS oath

vid clip inside: https://twitter.com/AbbyMartin/statu...71451871752192

Abby Martin
    @AbbyMartin

Today I filed a major lawsuit against the state of Georgia to challenge their unconstitutional anti-BDS oath that blocked me from speaking. Please watch the press conference & interviews with my lawyers fighting to restore the first amendment

20m:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEMG...ture=emb_title
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th February 2020),Ares (12th February 2020),Jewboo (11th February 2020),monty (11th February 2020),Tumbleweed (13th February 2020),woodman (11th February 2020)

Thanks

Re: Abby Martin suing over GA's anti-Izzy-BDS oath

https://twitter.com/cynthiamckinney/...26517904437248

Cynthia McKinney PhD
    @cynthiamckinney

Imagine where we could be had I been believed-not ridiculed-when I blew the whistle on the loyalty oath to Israel I was required to sign to become a Congresswoman. I applaud Abby Martin, CAIR GA for taking on the unconstitutional loyalty pledge to Israel.

10m:

Cynthia McKinney US Lawmakers Forced to Sign Pledge to Support Israel

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    vid clip inside: https://twitter.com/AbbyMartin/statu...71451871752192

Abby Martin
    @AbbyMartin

Today I filed a major lawsuit against the state of Georgia to challenge their unconstitutional anti-BDS oath that blocked me from speaking. Please watch the press conference & interviews with my lawyers fighting to restore the first amendment

20m:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEMG...ture=emb_title
    As she should. It's anti 1st Amendment. It's the state government violating her rights. Not that that is a surprise. The Constitution has failed, and was essentially killed in 1865.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

PatColo (12th February 2020)

Thanks

^ plz remind us, what was that 1865 event?

https://twitter.com/georgegalloway/s...69187266809857

George Galloway
    @georgegalloway
    Replying to @AbbyMartin
    Everyone in the world must get behind this one! Abby v Georgia is the battle you’ve all been waiting for!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

George Galloway
    @georgegalloway
    Replying to @AbbyMartin
    Everyone in the world must get behind this one! Abby v Georgia is the battle you’ve all been waiting for!!!!
    We have been fighting these anti-BDS laws for over two years. Search Glen Greewald on this matter. and should be some threads around here somewhere.
    Abby Martin is just trying to get some attention for herself and the Left.

Texas lost its big battle and the U.S. federal court judge ruled the Texas anti-BDS law unconstitutional but our Republican Attorney General and Governor and Rhino Republicans are still trying to get that overturned and reinstate the law. Like 99 percent of the state legislators, Dems and Reps, vote FOR this blatantly unconstitutional law.

Since when do we lose our First Amendment rights for a special named country's advantage and to receive punishments if we exercise our First Amendment rights in relation to any country in the world including the USA!!!!

The thing we should all be screaming about now is that Trump just issued an anti-BDS executive order that will punish by withholding federal funds universities-associated entities that exercise their First Amendment rights but only when exercised in relation to one named particular country. That is so freaking unconstitutional on its face that I cannot believe both the Left and the Right are not screaming about this but they both seem to think this is just fine. I would be equally outraged if Spain or Nigeria or Canada were the named country in the Executive Order and named in these "anti-BDS" laws in a growing number of U S states.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...anti-semitism/

Executive Order on Combating Anti-Semitism

Law & Justice

Issued on: December 11, 2019

Share:

menuAll News

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy. My Administration is committed to combating the rise of anti-Semitism and anti-Semitic incidents in the United States and around the world. Anti-Semitic incidents have increased since 2013, and students, in particular, continue to face anti Semitic harassment in schools and on university and college campuses.

Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), 42 U.S.C. 2000d et seq., prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, and national origin in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance. While Title VI does not cover discrimination based on religion, individuals who face discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin do not lose protection under Title VI for also being a member of a group that shares common religious practices. Discrimination against Jews may give rise to a Title VI violation when the discrimination is based on an individual’s race, color, or national origin.

It shall be the policy of the executive branch to enforce Title VI against prohibited forms of discrimination rooted in anti-Semitism as vigorously as against all other forms of discrimination prohibited by Title VI.

Sec. 2. Ensuring Robust Enforcement of Title VI. (a) In enforcing Title VI, and identifying evidence of discrimination based on race, color, or national origin, all executive departments and agencies (agencies) charged with enforcing Title VI shall consider the following:

(i) the non-legally binding working definition of anti Semitism adopted on May 26, 2016, by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA), which states, “Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities”; and

(ii) the “Contemporary Examples of Anti-Semitism” identified by the IHRA, to the extent that any examples might be useful as evidence of discriminatory intent.

(b) In considering the materials described in subsections (a)(i) and (a)(ii) of this section, agencies shall not diminish or infringe upon any right protected under Federal law or under the First Amendment. As with all other Title VI complaints, the inquiry into whether a particular act constitutes discrimination prohibited by Title VI will require a detailed analysis of the allegations.

Sec. 3. Additional Authorities Prohibiting Anti-Semitic Discrimination. Within 120 days of the date of this order, the head of each agency charged with enforcing Title VI shall submit a report to the President, through the Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy, identifying additional nondiscrimination authorities within its enforcement authority with respect to which the IHRA definition of anti-Semitism could be considered.

Sec. 4. Rule of Construction. Nothing in this order shall be construed to alter the evidentiary requirements pursuant to which an agency makes a determination that conduct, including harassment, amounts to actionable discrimination, or to diminish or infringe upon the rights protected under any other provision of law.

Sec. 5. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
    December 11, 2019.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

George Galloway
    @georgegalloway
    Replying to @AbbyMartin
    Sorry 1868... 14th Amendment.

That's the year the Federal Government created it's own citizens out of thin air and ASSUMED you were a U.S. citizen from birth.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks

Michael Underwood +++
    ����
    @generator16
    ˇ
    4h
    Replying to
    @IsraeliPM
    I don't understand why Americans can't vote to boycott a state. Can someone explain please.

Guy cannot understand why we say no to anti-BDS laws. Americans who should know why have sold their souls to the Israelis.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

"Anti-Semitism"

Semite is a LANGUAGE, no a race.

Semitic languages
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to navigation
    Jump to search
    Semitic
    Syro-Arabian
    Geographic
    distribution Western Asia, North Africa,
    Northeast Africa, Malta
    Linguistic classification Afro-Asiatic

Semitic

Proto-language Proto-Semitic
    Subdivisions

East Semitic †
    West Semitic

ISO 639-2 / 5 sem
    Glottolog semi1276[1]
    Semitic languages.svg
    Approximate historical distribution of Semitic languages.

Chronology mapping of Semitic languages

The Semitic languages, previously also named Syro-Arabian languages, are a branch of the Afroasiatic language family originating in the Middle East[2] that are spoken by more than 330 million people across much of Western Asia, North Africa and the Horn of Africa,[3] as well as in often large immigrant and expatriate communities in North America, Europe and Australasia.[4][5] The terminology was first used in the 1780s by members of the Göttingen School of History,[6] who derived the name from Shem, one of the three sons of Noah in the Book of Genesis.

The most widely spoken Semitic languages today are (numbers given are for native speakers only) Arabic (300 million),[7] Amharic (~65 million),[8] Tigrinya (7 million),[9] Hebrew (~5 million native/L1 speakers),[10] Tigre (~1.05 million), Aramaic (575,000 to 1 million largely Assyrian fluent speakers)[11][12][13] and Maltese (483,000 speakers).[14]

Think I will start a separate thread showing State Department's working definition of anti-semitism, that is the foundation of this Executive Order. The US Department of State is one of the swamps that president Trump promised to drain but has only begun to do so in the last few weeks. Secretary of State Swamp neo-con chief is still there, Mike Pompeo.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

PatColo (20th February 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dachsie View Post
    "Anti-Semitism"

Semite is a LANGUAGE, no a race.

Semitic languages
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I recall reading that for the 1st time @ wikipedia in around '04/05 when I was a newish 911 Truther & the shills @ places like 911blogger.com were busy wagging their finger, waving their anti-Shlomo-ism torch around when someone would get closer to the Izzy-did-911 truth. Couldn't believe my eyes... "semitic" is a historic group of languages?! HUH?! so it's not a GENETIC RACE?! Like, you or I could just learn a "semitic language" & we'd be semites?!

Short version: I think ziopedia's full of it on that article, seeking to keep the flame under the "anti-Shlomoism" smear... AS IF the "white"-looking khazars are actually (brown/arabic) semites, justifying the zio's occupation of Palestine.

Reminds of the #1 identifiable disagreement I have with EMJ-- his contention that, yes, if a black/african moves to Poland, becomes a citizen, learns the language, & becomes Catholic... then YES they become POLISH?!?!

Wikipedia: Rotten to the Core - Helen Buyniski - Medium

https://medium.com/@helen.buyniski/wikipedia-rotten-to-the-core-dcc435781c45

wicked, wicked wikipedia! For some time, I'd heard rumors that Wikipedia was not the open-source knowledge utopia it claimed to be. Despite a comprehensive set of rules replete with checks and ...