Thread: AIPAC is a "hate group," says Congresswoman Betty McCollum

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,518 Times in 2,604 Posts

AIPAC is a "hate group," says Congresswoman Betty McCollum

Well, this woman is a Dem, so there's probably nothing else I agree with her on, but I do agree with her on AIPAC. AIPAC will probably make sure she loses her next election- just like they did to Cynthia McKinney. There haven't been too many of them who speak out about Israel. I remember James Trafficant--he was a real American hero, not afraid to go on Fox and tell that Zio-Whore Hannity that Israel controls congress (not sure if that is why they sent him to prison or if it was b/c he stood up to the IRS):

https://www.sott.net/article/429352-AIPAC-is-a-hate-group-says-Congresswoman-Betty-McCollum

McCollum denounced as "hate speech" the recent AIPAC Facebook ads that she said are "weaponizing anti-Semitism to incite followers by attacking me, my colleagues, and my work promoting human rights for Palestinian children detained in Israeli military prisons."

Terming the organization a "hate group," she declared that "the struggle to advance human rights and promote human dignity inevitably results in confronting entrenched forces determined to dehumanize, debase and demonize individuals or entire populations to maintain dominance and an unjust status quo."

McCollum - who has introduced legislation aimed at preventing US tax dollars from being used by Israel to harm Palestinian children - has not been reticent in criticizing discriminatory Israeli law previously.

In 2018 she termed the Israeli nation-state law "apartheid."

Such language is simply not employed by members of Congress, who in general would far rather speak nicely to AIPAC's annual conference than raise the least concern about decades of Israeli subjugation of Palestinians.

The Minnesota congresswoman took particular exception to an AIPAC petition connected to the ad which claimed: "It's critical that we protect our Israeli allies especially as they face threats from Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah, ISIS and - maybe more sinister - right here in the US Congress."

She rightly termed the language "incitement."

Particularly revealing in the episode was that McCollum's comments came five days after AIPAC issued an apology for the ad. She has rejected that apology.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Ares (28th November 2023),cheka. (17th February 2020),midnight rambler (17th February 2020)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

Re: AIPAC is a "hate group," says Congresswoman Betty McCollum

must have somali in her district

still, good for her

bonus points for the mckinney mention

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

somali pandering confirmed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_McCollum

"McCollum's district centers on St. Paul....."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (17th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    Well, this woman is a Dem, so there's probably nothing else I agree with her on, but I do agree with her on AIPAC. AIPAC will probably make sure she loses her next election- just like they did to Cynthia McKinney. There haven't been too many of them who speak out about Israel. I remember James Trafficant--he was a real American hero, not afraid to go on Fox and tell that Zio-Whore Hannity that Israel controls congress (not sure if that is why they sent him to prison or if it was b/c he stood up to the IRS):

https://www.sott.net/article/429352-AIPAC-is-a-hate-group-says-Congresswoman-Betty-McCollum

It SOUNDS LIKE McCollum is speaking out in a good way

but on second thought

McCollum is just doing political speech that she thinks will get her some votes, however, Dems do not have a monopoly on doing that.
    but

by saying....

"McCollum denounced as "hate speech" the recent AIPAC Facebook ads "

McCollum, probably unknowingly but maybe quite craftily,
    reinforced the FALSE notion that there is such a thing as "hate speech" and thereby "hate crime."

in U.S. law.

McCollum may craftily think she can get more votes by appearing to speak in favor of the Palestinians, which she may well be right about.

Any individual or any group can hate hate hate all they want and they are not breaking any laws and they can hate hate hate any target including expressing hate toward any country in the world.

Its called the First Amendment.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

hoarder (19th February 2020),keehah (27th November 2023),woodman (19th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

I doubt she will benefit politically from doing this. Once you step over that line, the mass media becomes your enemy and no politician can survive that.

edit: And I mean real enemy, not something like the staged Trump/media conflict.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

JDRock (27th November 2023),woodman (19th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    I doubt she will benefit politically from doing this. Once you step over that line, the mass media becomes your enemy and no politician can survive that.

edit: And I mean real enemy, not something like the staged Trump/media conflict.
    `You could be right. I just see how deep and twisted some psyop strategies are and many times it appears that THEY actually PROMOTE negative action/speech ostensibly against Israel or the Js or the Zionists or the globalists, and the MSM ALWAYS goes alomg with whatever it is they are told to by their owners.

I don't think the Dems have much chance of getting votes next voting time -- for many reasons. More and more people can see that all the things they are FOR are insane and evil and are destroying our country.

When studying 9-11 I observed several little subplots within that operation that appeared to be designed and scripted to point the finger at the Israelis and the Js, but always worked to benefit the perps and the public always took the movie at face value and became even more zombiefied.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dachsie View Post
    `You could be right. I just see how deep and twisted some psyop strategies are and many times it appears that THEY actually PROMOTE negative action/speech ostensibly against Israel or the Js or the Zionists or the globalists, and the MSM ALWAYS goes alomg with whatever it is they are told to by their owners.

I don't think the Dems have much chance of getting votes next voting time -- for many reasons. More and more people can see that all the things they are FOR are insane and evil and are destroying our country.

When studying 9-11 I observed several little subplots within that operation that appeared to be designed and scripted to point the finger at the Israelis and the Js, but always worked to benefit the perps and the public always took the movie at face value and became even more zombiefied.
    Voting doesn't count anyway. The majority of states have electronic voting machines. All the staged left vs. right conflicts are for the goyim to focus on.
    Yes, they sometimes do promote "anti-Semitism", especially when it's clumsy or unsubstantiated.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

Dachsie (19th February 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 734 Posts

slate.com: The Squad Is About to Fight for Its Political Life
    NOV 15, 2023
    One of the biggest, bitterest, and most expensive political battles of the 2024 election cycle has emerged: The American Israel Public Affairs Committee, one of the most powerful, best-funded influence operations in Washington, is planning to go all out to knock the famed “Squad”—the small group of highly visible and popular progressive legislators of color, most of them women—out of office.

The most outspoken and unapologetically leftist contingent of the Democratic Party in national office, the Squad has been vocal in its criticism of Israel’s retaliatory assault on Gaza following the Oct. 7 massacre of Israelis by Hamas. Members of the group have prominently pushed a cease-fire resolution in Congress; it now has 18 signatories.

Their positions on the issue are hardly radical: A recent Data for Progress poll found that 66 percent of Americans support a cease-fire, as do 80 percent of Democrats. But AIPAC has trained its attention on these members to make an example of them. And it has spent heavily against a few of them before.

AIPAC wants “to make the statement this cycle that no one is safe from their wrath, that if you speak out, you can be targeted no matter how popular or how many cycles of incumbent you are,” said Connor Farrell, president of the progressive fundraising group Left Rising, in a phone call. “It’s extremely audacious.”...

Close watchers now expect AIPAC to spend at least $100 million in Democratic primaries, largely trained on eliminating incumbent Squad members from their seats. It’s likely that even more money will be spent by affiliated super PACs, including the Democratic Majority for Israel PAC and the Mainstream Democrats PAC, too. (These PACs have already launched six-figure ad buys against Bowman, Lee, and Tlaib, a year away from the election—an exorbitant, hardly strategic commitment largely meant to prove that money will not be in short supply.) Meanwhile, small-dollar fundraising numbers are way down across the board, making it even more difficult for those progressives to fund a defense.

So far, House Democratic leadership has been quiet about all this...

But the coming year will bring risks for AIPAC as well. Toppling an incumbent is not easy. Tlaib, Omar, Bush, Bowman, Pressley, and Ocasio-Cortez are all well-liked, especially in their districts. Some, like Tlaib, are masters of constituent services. Others have shown incredible fundraising chops, and boast massive grassroots networks. There have been previous attempts to take out Tlaib and Ocasio-Cortez that failed spectacularly, and expensively. Omar, who looked vulnerable in her previous race, didn’t really campaign that time around. AIPAC may find itself burning money to fight on inhospitable terrain. And if it fails, the group’s fearsome reputation in D.C. will be greatly diminished.

That AIPAC feels the need to spend this much money at all could well be taken as a sign of weakness, not strength. Already, unlimited Israeli militarism is deeply unpopular; a full year of bombings of Palestinian hospitals and mass casualties of children in Gaza could make the AIPAC line even more unpopular still.
    They went to war with Human Nature, Cold and Flu Season and the Weather!
    Corporation, a fiction legitimized by government, is part of big government
    Their men were like women and their women were like Jews

14. The Following User Says Thank You to keehah For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (27th November 2023)