Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wuhan flu preps

Thanks
    Thanked 4,633 Times in 3,208 Posts

Re: Wuhan flu preps

Might need to add suppositories if you are sweating the market.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    No preps needed for the Coronavirus. I believe it will be over in a month.
    Democrats are trying to hype it to hurt the economy, so Trump can't run on the strong economy.
    The beneficiaries of the flu will be those that buy the stock market at the right time.
    I think there could be some truth to that.
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steyr_m For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (28th February 2020),midnight rambler (28th February 2020),monty (29th February 2020)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Found some 70% isopropyl alcohol for a little over $16/gallon on feebay, local retailers here are wiped out of 70% and have gone to rationing it -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/70-Isopropy...72.m2749.l2649
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks

Also found some deals for hand sanitizer on feebay but the really good deals are going so fast it'd be gone when I went to checkout.

Also I noted that the feebay vendor I purchased Hibiclens from a couple of months ago boosted the price per gallon by more than $7, I ordered a shitload more for family and friends.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Found some 70% isopropyl alcohol for a little over $16/gallon on feebay, local retailers here are wiped out of 70% and have gone to rationing it -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/70-Isopropy...72.m2749.l2649

Shit ton at wally world around here.
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BrewTech For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (2nd March 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTech View Post
    Shit ton at wally world around here.
    How many ChinaMarts would I need to hit to acquire 12+ gallons??

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post

Also I noted that the feebay vendor I purchased Hibiclens from a couple of months ago boosted the price per gallon by more than $7, I ordered a shitload more for family and friends.
    My local Rite-Aid sells the 8oz for $13.00

I just ordered THIS refill for the shower.
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks

EPA list of disinfectants which are effective against the Wuhan flu -

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-regist...nst-sars-cov-2

Thanks

Copy and paste of vacuum's post on the main Wuhan flu thread, needs to be on this preps thread with less S/N ratio, good stuff -

Quote Originally Posted by vacuum View Post
    MR, I agree. We all have to assume we are going to catch this.

Here's what I've done to prepare for that eventuality:

1. Start taking Vitamin C and Vitamin D3 for general immune system support
    2. Purchase a thermometer. I got a temple thermometer so it can be shared between people more easily with less risk of cross infection. I also got a standard thermometer to get a second reading for more accuracy.
    3. Oximeter with respitory rate. This tells you the oxygen saturation of the blood. Basically, its the number one thing to pay attention to to alert you to pneumonia issues. It should read greater than 95% oxygen saturation if you are healthy. Potentially a bit less if you are a smoker. If it gets below 90%, you are in trouble.
    4. Print out a hard copy of First Case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus in the United States. Study it, and keep it ready to understand what the process of the disease is. It seems benign for about 10 days. Then you get hit hard with pneumonia.
    5. Guaifenesin. This helps you cough up mucus by watering it down and loosening it up. This was given to the patient described in the paper above. Critical to get through the pneumonia.
    6. The fever reducers ibuprofen and acetaminophen. These help with high fever. But the fever actually makes your immune system more efficient, so don't just take fever reducers for a low fever. Only take them with a high fever that is too high.
    7. Decongestants Diphenhydramine HCI and centirizine. These will help open up your airways to breathe easier. Getting oxygen is the key here.

I'm still looking for a few things. Namely, a inhaler to open up air passages and a good antibiotic to fight secondary infections. I'm also looking into options for oxygen or breathing devices.

Buy the drugs locally if you can to save money and get it immediately.

edit: Also looking for anti-diarrhea meds. Diarrhea can cause dehydration, and at home you can't just hook up an IV with saline to rehyrate.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

PatColo (5th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

I just ordered THIS refill for the shower.

Thanks to Midnight Rambler's suggestion my $19 bottle arrived today directly from Amazon. Now Amazon is totally out-of-stock and one remaining vendor is price gouging.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (9th March 2020)