Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: freeze dried food??

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 Times in 2,601 Posts

freeze dried food??

Okay, I've heard for years that I should get some freeze dried food, but I never did....Just curious if you have stockpiled this or have thoughts or recommendations on this--Thanks!

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Re: freeze dried food??

Light weight, easy to store, lasts a long time, probably high in nutrients. Expensive. Much easier to store dry bulk foods like flour, rice, beans, potato flakes, lard, oil, etc.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Amanda (15th March 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

yes, seems outrageously priced and gross....

Do those dried bulk foods (flour, rice, beans, potato flakes, lard, oil) all have long enough shelf life?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post

...Just curious if you have stockpiled this or have thoughts or recommendations on this--Thanks

This is currently the most woke and LUCID thread here at GSUS now. Gold and silver coins are just plain GIM1 silly now in 2020 while my local Boise, Idaho (of all places) Albertson's is currently cleaned out of frozen veggies, toilet paper, basic cleaning supplies etc. In my personal experience, freeze dried foods are the worst possible PREP choice. Hunt down the basic Mormon basics instead...

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (16th March 2020),RatHoler (16th March 2020),woodman (15th March 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 2,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

In my personal experience,freeze dried foods are the worst possible PREP choice. Hunt down the basic Mormon basics instead...

The Mormons sell very tasty and fairly cheap preps in #10 cans. They will last longer than the prepper.
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty." – Socrates

"Communism can be summed up in one sentence: The abolition of private property." ---Karl Marx

"Either you have the right to own property, or you are property." Wayne Hage

8. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

Amanda (16th March 2020)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

This is currently the most woke and LUCID thread here at GSUS now. Gold and silver coins are just plain GIM1 silly now in 2020 while my local Boise, Idaho (of all places) Albertson's is currently cleaned out of frozen veggies, toilet paper, basic cleaning supplies etc. In my personal experience, freeze dried foods are the worst possible PREP choice. Hunt down the basic Mormon basics instead...

Oh, wow, thanks for this--I've been kicking myself all day, thinking I should have gotten the freeze dried food.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (15th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,633 Times in 3,208 Posts

Oh, wow, thanks for this--I've been kicking myself all day, thinking I should have gotten the freeze dried food.
    You will have a hard time finding any.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

12. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

vacuum (16th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

You are obviously a very high IQ woman Amanda. Don't be shy in immediately contacting your local Mormon bishop's office and asking for gentile Food Storage sources. I lived in Salt Lake City for awhile and they have this stuff down to a science. They regularly sell intelligent food storage products to us goyim without getting all Book Of Mormon...lol.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Amanda (16th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,979 Posts

My ex-wife was mormon and I've still got her mormon food preps stored here somewhere.
    We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Amanda (16th March 2020),Jewboo (15th March 2020),madfranks (16th March 2020),monty (15th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 921 Posts

still the #1 staple to keep you alive is white rice. cheap and a shelf life of decades.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JDRock For This Useful Post:

Amanda (16th March 2020)